Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Kasturilover

I remember long ago there was a serial called Kasturi, from the great Ekta Maiyya household... and Mohnish had entered the serial quite late. it was a very ineteresting character and the chemistry he shared with the lead actress was awesome.

Were you a fan of this Kasturi serial? 😉 ( judging by your username)

This is one thing I do fear- should Karan's entry click, it might be made part of a longer role and the serial will turn to KW/KK ( just as Kasauti turned into Mr.Bajaj/Prerna at the end or the Sid/Jennifer part in DMG)

Why I don't think Karan's role will be extended though is for two reasons- Haseena Moin will probably sue them if its turns into KW/KK 😆 ( it ceases to be a DK adaptation at that stage) and two, I think KW has a serial of his own coming up, which means he won't be able to give too many dates to this show 😛
Kasturilover thumbnail
Originally posted by: soccer

TRP were not the picture then...even we had some class shows in 80s...

Yes, but TRP spoiled Kasturi.

I believe that we have class shows even now.

Anyone has seen Kismat or Powder or Mahi Way ...all from Yashraj films. One classy set of shows.

Then there was Gulaal to a certain extent

However, the fault is us...that we give romances and Jodi's more importance than the script...and let the TRPs rule
Kasturilover thumbnail
Originally posted by: aekiel

Were you a fan of this Kasturi serial? 😉 ( judging by your username)

This is one thing I do fear- should Karan's entry click, it might be made part of a longer role and the serial will turn to KW/KK ( just as Kasauti turned into Mr.Bajaj/Prerna at the end or the Sid/Jennifer part in DMG)

Why I don't think Karan's role will be extended though is for two reasons- Haseena Moin will probably sue them if its turns into KW/KK 😆 ( it ceases to be a DK adaptation at that stage) and two, I think KW has a serial of his own coming up, which means he won't be able to give too many dates to this show 😛

hahaha...you got me right

The thing really is I became an IF member at that time and when a name came up I thought why not use the name of teh serial I was watching.

Hey, I hope your analysis is tru. I am sure Karan Wahi is a great personality but I guess every serial should have its owne charm and central plot which teh writers should not compromise on.
ozone1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
[
Edited by soccer - 12 years ago
Kasturilover thumbnail
Soccer,

I dont watch this in India so I dont know who their competitors are.

But I agree with you, this serial had a great potential, they seemed to have a good cast too...but to be honest with you I can only tolerate Angie and Nidhi's father...the rest including the leads seem to act as love struck or insecure petty individuals.

Its a very poor presentation of educated people in India ...especially doctors and lawyers for example Angie father has morphed into a cluless joker ...from srict to silly
ozone1 thumbnail

my take is
lot was expected of the show...it was pitted against other high ranking show( i personally feel  they belong to crap class)  did not get good     welcome...started messing around to lure more audience...do u really think  other two competitor on same time slot has better script????? sex and sindoor r pulling in  the trp there...

Edited by soccer - 12 years ago
ozone1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kasturilover

Soccer,

I dont watch this in India so I dont know who their competitors are.

But I agree with you, this serial had a great potential, they seemed to have a good cast too...but to be honest with you I can only tolerate Angie and Nidhi's father...the rest including the leads seem to act as love struck or insecure petty individuals.

Its a very poor presentation of educated people in India ...especially doctors and lawyers for example Angie father has morphed into a cluless joker ...from srict to silly

well i dont watch this in india either...they have balika badu and iss pyar ...to compete with...
not only show ..the movies...how many have the court scene are close to reality...we r not gonna get ER from indian show...because mass is not ready for change..they don't  like stepping out of their comfort zone...(which may be more rona dhona, no were near logic.)

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
It's probably been mentioned in a few other threads, but a time slot change for KTLK will do wonders for them.

At 8pm, they're competing with, as soccer's mentioned above, Balika Vadhu, Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam doon and Hitler Didi.

Balika Vadhu has been here for quite some time. IPPKND works because of the supposed love-hate chemistry between Sanaya and Barun, while Rati Pandey is carrying HD on her shoulders alone. Rati's fan following ( IF rankings here are a decent example of how strong she is) will keep HD's flag flying high for the next few months and they manage to get a decent plot in, I expect HD to overtake IPPKND and give BV a run for its money.

@ Soccer, the masses, in a way, are ready for change. India's urban population in particular is quite discerning.

The problem lies with these bl**** TAM meters- I don't have one at my home, and I don't know anybody who has them.

Armu4eva thumbnail

my take is
lot was expected of the show...it was pitted against other high ranking show( i personally feel  they belong to crap class)  did not get good     welcome...started messing around to lure more audience...do u really think  other two competitor on same time slot has better script????? sex and sindoor r pulling in  the trp there...

First and foremost.. i absolutely ... dislike the idea of putting one show down to make the other look better..!! KTLK is KTLK.. n should b worth watching on a stand alone basis...imho n with the kind of lose scripting and character assasination going  on.. i dunno its future..

Now coming to ur comment about the competitors...
 BV.. has 10 times tighter script... more dramatic elements.. brilliant execution and .. Surekha Sikri holding the reigns at the helm...!! IF u want to see... what impact BV can create.. just watch.. one scene of Bhairavi Raichura.. who plays Anandis mom... when she finds out about Jagiya dumping Anandi.. 'Ke kiya tune.. mari Lado ke saht???' .. these words will b etched in ur memory forever and u will have goosebumps...👏👏👏👏👏👏 BRILLIANT... thats all i have to say for BV... ! Reason why i dont like the show... the girl is a sati savitri tyag ki devi n nothing short of a dormat!!

IP ... a lil weak on the scripting level.. but Brilliant screenplay... and beautiful execution..! Its leads are young and happening and have connected with the youth ...! Mamiji and Bua ji.. provide the required comic relief... whereas... the leads keep pushing n pulling each other..!! Some find it cliche.. some find it nonsensical... but its gripping enouf to give it a watch!! Albeit I used to love the show.. n still do... but i gave it up for KTLK ... n i dun regret just as yet...!!
medhapp thumbnail
Really disappointed with the script..would have been better if they had adapted DK as it was , it would have been much better...CV's are just messing with the storyline for TRP sake and this is doing more harm than good.I thought the makers of the show would have been aware when they planned on making this show that the  concept would never appeal to the mass rural audience it was more for the mature urban audience they should have stuck to that, now for TRP they are trying to rope in some drama just to appeal to the mass audience and actually making a mess of the show.It will be hard for them to get out of this without screwing up the storyline.They absolutely did not develop Dr.Ashu and Dr.Niddhi's relationship to actually feel Niddhi's pain today.Could not relate to it.Show is becoming absolute let down and I want it to work so please please don't mess more with the script