KAREENA IN A MOVIE

Sanaa thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Shooting of 'Shrimaan Chanakya' begins on PU campus
Aditi Tandon
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, January 14
Panjab University came alive with "Shrimaan Chanakya" today. For those of you who are wondering what the expression is all about, here are some more details.

Sikander Bharti, the director of films like Akshay Kumar-starer Sainik and Govinda-starer Ghar Ka Chiraag has found an ideal location in the Panjab University sports ground to shoot his next film, titled "Shrimaan Chanakya", which has none other than Amrish Puri in the main role. Landing in the city today, the crew of the film, which has Chandigarh girl Kulraj Randhawa as the female lead and the still-struggling Atin Bhalla as the male lead, remained busy shooting a volleyball sequence, which will continue tomorrow. Also attached with the project are some famous people like cameraman Kaka Thakur, who has worked for Rajesh Roshan in his hit productions like Karan Arjun and Koyla. Kaka Thakur was also behind the camera for Mera Gaon Mera Desh. Present along with the technical staff during the shooting schedule today was Babloo Mukherjee, who has inherited funny genes from his revered father Keshto Mukherjee. A part of many Doordarshan serials and as many films, Babloo quite misses his father. He is, however, happy that he can handle his pain well and can manage to spill laughter just as his father did. Also seen hovering around the unit today was Javed, who began his career as a child artiste in Khudgarz. Recently Javed has been seen in the runaway success Ghulam, as also in the critically acclaimed Chandni Bar. Coming to the lead lady of the film, one finds out that she hails from Sector 36 in the city. Giving details, Kulraj tells of how she became a management graduate in Bangalore and then started romancing the ramp, finally trying her luck at the Gladrags model hunt. "After some years on the ramp, I shifted to Mumbai where I trained in acting at the Kishore-Namit academy. I also learnt dance from Saroj Khan's assistant. Even before I was ready to take the plunge, I had this offer in my lap." In Shrimaan Chanakya, which is a story of an upright lawyer out to dispense justice at all costs, Kulraj plays the don's sister. "It is a usual masala film, told in style. I had a lot of scope to perform. That was why I took up this film," she flashes a smile. The lady has also signed a South Indian film, due to be shot later this year. With music from Sanjeev-Darshan and background scores by singers of the order of Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu, Shreya Ghosal and Jaspinder Narula, Shrimaan Chanakya will be shot in Chandigarh and Shimla. While everyone is praying for the success of the film, Atin Bhalla is naturally expecting extra returns, especially after his last flick "Om" came crashing down at the box office.

"I was not even noticed, but then the film was just not meant for the elite. It was made for the masses. I am now looking forward to another film, Jaan Ki Baazi. I will not give up because I am the son of a man who penned lyrics for films like Kalicharan and Rocky," says the confident hero, who claims to sweep you off your feet with his heavy duty stunts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

krazee_gurl thumbnail

she looks better opposite to prem! that guy iz kind of funny-looking

Thanx for the article Sanaa

dkdisha thumbnail