Frequent Posters

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
^hey tuli my angel. Just came to say HI.  ok am out
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Reading this thread, most of Karan johar movie are non-sense. MNIK definitely offended me.

Autistics are resisted to change and very offensive. I say because I have experience. Showing them some sort of hero is deceitful. they may be and I say only in some cases brilliant in Maths. Going through all that melodrama is second half is not possible even with mild autistic person.
I totally agree with the KKHH part, I mean had Tina still been alive, Rahul wouldn't have even bothered to look for Anjali no matter what! He doesn't even look for her does he, its the daughter that tries to hook em up by breaking someone's engagement! What's more ridiculous is that Anjali still hasn't gotten over him after 7rs knowing that he's probz married and got kids. Why couldnt she be shown as moving on and falling in love with someone else...like people do...eventually but yeah they do! Edited by ..-Marj-.. - 12 years ago

I found most of the WAR films offensive.Especially the ones that show war between Ind/Pak...

Otherwise Ra.one(SRK portraying a tamilian), Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Chori Chori Chupke Chupke & Veer-Zaara...

most of the movie I thought were pathetic have been mentioned already.

Most of the movies and tv shows portray doctors badly when some one comes in to get treated but its a police case...Seriously wtheff?

All this rubbing of hands and feet cures everything on reel.Heart attack,paralysis anything.

I cant think of a particular movie right now...I'll add later.
I find a book or movie offensive when they try to hide an offensive concept behind the mask of 'tolerance' and preach that to us in the name of art.

So, films with misogynistic concepts that are straight forward in their approach don't bother me as much as the so-called 'pure' films which are essentially filled with regressive ideas just hidden behind the veil of sanskar and traditional 'values'. Similarly, movies that come off as highly judgmental or critical also falls into my 'don't bother' list.

I am okay with movies depicting misogynistic, offensive concepts (I'm not foolish enough to educate myself by watching movies), but when a regressive idea is promoted as being the norm, or a good thing, and worse, the majority of the moviegoers end up embracing that concept - I find that to be the most offensive thing.
Also when men dress like woman and put oranges or whatever there...
I find that offensive and embarrassing.

e.g. Style,Apna Sapna money  money,double dhamaal.
The last two I didnt even watch just cos of that horrendous part.
Originally posted by: Beyond_the_Veil

I am okay with movies depicting misogynistic, offensive concepts (I'm not foolish enough to educate myself by watching movies), but when a regressive idea is promoted as being the norm, or a good thing, and worse, the majority of the moviegoers end up embracing that concept - I find that to be the most offensive thing.

Exactly, that's the reason why I feel offended at most of the soaps.

The impact of a movie stays on one's mind for only a few hours or a few days, but these soaps have been yapping  the regressive idea in his/her face days after days, months after months, years after years,...   😵

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

...the topic is abt films tht u find offensive...

not being offensive urself and bullying other members...

hope the ppl concerned understand and learn to behave. 

As for ekta soaps...yes they are boring and long drawn out, but i wouldnt call them regressive at all. The female characters in her shows always stand up for themselves, she shows progressive thoughts like widow marriage, rape victims getting their justice and getting married and leading a normal well settled life, marriage between ppl belonging to different age groups, women taking charge and calling the shots in the house while the men being relegated, women who are educated and some who are the breadwinners for their family, ...i dunt find anything regressive abt tht. 

Yeah, her shows have depicted some good things, like the empowerment of women, sometimes even without the help of anyone, etc. But at the same time, a lot of negative issues of societies are depicted in positive light, or just brushed aside. Marital rape, for instance, is a common scenario in most Ekta soaps, and baring a few cases, the issue is never dealt with properly.

Similarly, at times, forced marriage is shown as "the rightful thing to do" or "a little mistake" at the very least. In fact, victims of forced marriage are often asked to "move on" or "just deal with their 'fate'". But that's not just limited to Ekta soaps, though.

Tulsi, parvati, Prerna to the recent Priya from Bade acche lagte hai, all her female characters have been progressive who stood up for their rights, most of the times without the support of their families or their husbands...

Her shows maybe annoying, boring, draggy and what not. But i would not call them regressive. 

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
For me, that movie is Gaddar through and through! The girl got married to a Sikh, became a Sikh, brought up a Sikh son all the while being a Muslim! Sheshhh! In India it's like, ANYTHING is fair when it comes to love. Out of religions marriage topping the list. It makes me wonder what kinda image are they portraying to the world about love?

Won't call it offensive but it's plain weird how successfully Hindu/Muslim marriages work out in the end of a movie? Recent one being Mausam.