Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

Ajai Sinha's serials' treatment of men

essar1026 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Why are the male protagonists portrayed as weaklings in Ajai Sinha's serials?  It is good to make women-oriented series but do all his men have to be so weak and pathetic?

I am talking about Harsh Chhaya and Savi's husband in Hasratein. They were both very weak in their own way.

Harsh Chhaya and Pallavi Joshi's brother in Justjoo. These two men were very weak spineless characters too.

And Abhi in Astitva....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

yes - both abhi saxena and abhi joshi....

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

that's true.Even Manas to some extent.

Though I feel Harsh Chayya in Justjoo and Abhi in Astitva are the worst example.

essar1026 thumbnail

Yes

I forgot about Abhi Joshi. :-)

Aloknath, Abhi 1 and abhi 2in astitva, Harsh chayya in Justjoo and hasratein all indulged in extra-marital. I am beginning if Ajai Sinha is justifying extra-marital affairs by projecting these men as weak.

manas and riya sen can be explained as Manas and urmila's marriage had already broken up.

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I too agree with all your statements.... Saurabh, Abhi1, Abhi2, Manas are shown to have an extra-marital relationship.....Ajay does not show one such male who is very loyal to his wife.....Alas!!!!😡 This is not the case everywhere😒
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

yes - it isn't like that everywhere.....

essar1026 thumbnail

He also seems to say a woman can be strong only if she goes through adversity like a straying husband, kidnapped child and so on.

jingle thumbnail
men r portrayed  as  brainless and feelinless creatures