Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Does love need to be repeatedly expressed?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Actions speak louder than words is a very common and widely accepted thought, but then many also believe that one should repeatedly express love.  Be it with a simple "I Love You" or something more elaborate (poetry maybe? ðŸ˜‰), but most people expect such things from the people they love.

So now.. what's your take on this?  Does love need to be repeatedly expressed? Does it matter whether or not someone says those 3 words when you can see he loves you in every single thing he does?  Does saying those 3 words make you believe in the love more or are they just a way to finally put your feelings in words because after all, you can't read someone else's mind, right?

I don't have any personal experience in this matter, but I've noticed that some of the love stories (on screen) were more beautiful where love didn't need to be expressed.. it was just felt and understood. ðŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think most people want to be shown that they are loved by the other person. There is a hidden beauty and meaning behind something as simple as a touch or a smile. At the same time, it's nice to hear, "I love you" or "You mean a lot to me." because we as human beings enjoy verbal confirmation as well. The most important thing though it to SHOW you love someone rather than say it. Many people say, "I love you", and they do not even mean it. That's why we need to show our feelings, but the verbal statement sometimes makes it more defined and clear. That's why it  feels good to hear things like, "I love you."

This is just my opinion though!
-Mystery- thumbnail
^ Yeah I agree with you. But the thing is 'I love you' is so over-used this days that it seems to be losing its depth with each repetition. 

You cooked for me. I love you.

I love the gift. I love you.

You helped me in homework. I love you.

You came shopping with me. I love you.

So in the end what matters most is you can feel it. You can feel that you're the most important person in someone's life. If you can feel it then verbal confirmation is always nice but never too needed.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, I agree. People overuse the statement, "I love you". For me too, it's more important to feel it rather than hear it.
Jiannax143 thumbnail
i feel like love does need to be repeatedly expressed to remind the person you love that they really mean a lot to you but then again i feel like couples hit a point in their relationship where the little things dont matter anymore. i dont really like that though because the little things make me smile and i think theyre important cause otherwise relationships get boring and then you begin to feel like your significant other has changed.
-Mystery- thumbnail
^ I agree with you there.. it's the little things that matter the most for me too because it's those little things that really show someone's true love. Anyone can throw a great party once in awhile but it's the everyday little things that truly show you what you mean to someone else.

However, I do think that it's more important to show you love someone than verbally express that. Of course, it always feels great to hear someone say they love you, but it has no meaning unless you can feel it too.
riteshnarula thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Love is a very beautiful think between to strange person it's a great relationship so please always love to your lover don't lose your love.
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Hearing 'I love you' from ur mate makes you happy only when u see that he/she means it.. Feelings / depth of what u said, can easily be judged from the tone//voice/look 😳 So again it's Action speaks louder than words 😆..
AlwaysHisJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Saying I love u does matter yes it's overused but when u r using it for ur bf/hubby then its a different story I never say I love u when he does something for me I say thank u for doing it u saying miss u or love u when u r about to hang up a phone call is romantic saying love u keeps the romance in ur life I say love u to my sweety through out the day like before he goes to work
before going to bed on the phone I love it when he says it back