Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Does love need to be repeatedly expressed?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 29 November 2011 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Actions speak louder than words is a very common and widely accepted thought, but then many also believe that one should repeatedly express love.  Be it with a simple "I Love You" or something more elaborate (poetry maybe? Wink), but most people expect such things from the people they love.

So now.. what's your take on this?  Does love need to be repeatedly expressed? Does it matter whether or not someone says those 3 words when you can see he loves you in every single thing he does?  Does saying those 3 words make you believe in the love more or are they just a way to finally put your feelings in words because after all, you can't read someone else's mind, right?

I don't have any personal experience in this matter, but I've noticed that some of the love stories (on screen) were more beautiful where love didn't need to be expressed.. it was just felt and understood. Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does love need to be repeatedly expressed?" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 November 2011 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
I think most people want to be shown that they are loved by the other person. There is a hidden beauty and meaning behind something as simple as a touch or a smile. At the same time, it's nice to hear, "I love you" or "You mean a lot to me." because we as human beings enjoy verbal confirmation as well. The most important thing though it to SHOW you love someone rather than say it. Many people say, "I love you", and they do not even mean it. That's why we need to show our feelings, but the verbal statement sometimes makes it more defined and clear. That's why it  feels good to hear things like, "I love you."

This is just my opinion though!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
^ Yeah I agree with you. But the thing is 'I love you' is so over-used this days that it seems to be losing its depth with each repetition. 

You cooked for me. I love you.

I love the gift. I love you.

You helped me in homework. I love you.

You came shopping with me. I love you.

So in the end what matters most is you can feel it. You can feel that you're the most important person in someone's life. If you can feel it then verbal confirmation is always nice but never too needed.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ArtiMayur.Meeno

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
Yes, I agree. People overuse the statement, "I love you". For me too, it's more important to feel it rather than hear it.

Jiannax143

IF-Rockerz

Jiannax143

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
i feel like love does need to be repeatedly expressed to remind the person you love that they really mean a lot to you but then again i feel like couples hit a point in their relationship where the little things dont matter anymore. i dont really like that though because the little things make me smile and i think theyre important cause otherwise relationships get boring and then you begin to feel like your significant other has changed.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
^ I agree with you there.. it's the little things that matter the most for me too because it's those little things that really show someone's true love. Anyone can throw a great party once in awhile but it's the everyday little things that truly show you what you mean to someone else.

However, I do think that it's more important to show you love someone than verbally express that. Of course, it always feels great to hear someone say they love you, but it has no meaning unless you can feel it too.

riteshnarula

Groupbie

riteshnarula

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Love is a very beautiful think between to strange person it's a great relationship so please always love to your lover don't lose your love.

prerna4rishav

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 10:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top