Book Talk

That one passage that you keep going back to... (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

.Kruti.

Goldie

.Kruti.

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Oh, i re-read many parts of Harry Potter books a lot. They are so beautifully written that you have to go back and re-read it. It makes you feel that everything written in there has happened for real, its just so magical. 

@Chhilt - You're so right about songs, i also do that.

Edited by .Kruti. - 13 January 2012 at 9:11pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "That one passage that you keep going back to... (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cooldude10

IF-Sizzlerz

cooldude10

Posted: 22 January 2012 at 4:12am | IP Logged
There's this one para in HP and the deathly hallows, chapter 34, that I keep re-reading. I think I've read it about a million times. It's incredibly sad but I don't know what makes me want to read it again and again.

• If he could only have died on that summer's night when he had left number four, Privet Drive, for the last time, when the noble phoenix feather wand had saved him! If he could only have died like Hedwig, so quickly he would not have known it had happened! Or if he could have launched himself in front of a wand to save someone he loved . . . He envied even his parents' deaths now. This cold-blooded walk to his own destruction would require a different kind of bravery. He felt his fingers trembling slightly and made an effort to control them, although no one could see him; the portraits on the walls were all empty.

*sigh*

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt-GredForge--Mystery-

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged
There are many scenes, passages I like to revisit but I agree with *chhilt* on the songs and lines in them.. its just one line or a couple that does the trick...Big smile

Will post my passages soon...Embarrassed

** Edited

"What is past is past. never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are, the world is what it is." 

--  The Last Don,Mario Puzo 

" It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way ' in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

--  A Tale of two Cities, Charles Dickens

Edited by angelirebelli - 12 February 2012 at 5:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wishfulthinking-Mystery-

asymptote

Groupbie

asymptote

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Sometimes I'd heard people say, ''That person's like a cork," but I never understood what they meant. To me a cork was like a stopper. If I couldn't get it back in the bottle after I'd opened it I'd trim it down with a knife. Like sharpening a pencil. And the cork would squeak. It was hard to cut because it wasn't hard or soft. And finally I understood what they meant when they said, "That person's like a cork..." Because I was like a cork myself. Not because I was born that way but because I had to force myself to be. And to make my heart like a stone. I had to be like a cork to keep on going because if instead of being a cork with a heart of stone I'd been life before, made of flesh that hurts when you pinch it, I'd never have gotten across such a high, narrow, long bridge.

La plaa del Diamant (The Time of the Doves) by Merc Rodoreda

It just tears me apart. I mean this whole books is just one beautiful poetry. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wishfulthinking-Mystery-

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 27 January 2012 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Being together isnt about a honeymoon, its about the real u and me , I want to wake up with u beside me in the mornings, I want to spend my evenings looking at u across the dinner table ... I want to share every mundane detail of my day with u and hear every details of urs , i want to laugh with u and fall asleep with u in my arms, because u arent just some one I loved back then, u were my best friend, my best self and i cant imagine giving up that again ... 

this is from BEST OF ME by Nicholas sparks... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-GredForge-

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 19 March 2012 at 9:52am | IP Logged
I have re-read Prologue of Eye of the world many times. The prologue just keep getting awesome even after reading it many times. Actually at first read i didn't understand much  what was happening in prologue. But later when more details are revealed in later books, i have come to realized the awesomeness of prologue.

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
The two, or three passages I keep going back to are

The Lily and James scene in SWM, actually whole of SWM. (I ship Lily and James hard, and it felt amazing to see Lily and James interacting for real, as them, and not just being talked about.)

The Ron and Hermione kiss from DH. THAT was an EPIC scene. How could I NOT read it again and again?

And the passage where Harry visits his house in Godric's hollow, and reads those messages that were written there for him. I cried so much reading it. That scene gets to me, every dam  time. It's one scene I wish they'd kept in the movie.

beautifuldreams

IF-Dazzler

beautifuldreams

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
it's from 'A Walk To Remember' when on the end Landon says "Her love is like the wind I can't see it but I can feel it' <3
Makes me cry^^

Post Reply New Post

Go to top