zoomboy

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Porinita makes a ravishing entry in Tumhari
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 21, 2005

MYSTERY REVEALED:
Kavita Kaushik as Porinita
in Tumhari Disha
Those following the ups and downs in Disha's (Chavi Mittal) life on Zee's popular soap Tumhari Disha, can stop scratching their heads wondering who Porinita is.

In the last few episodes, a lot has been said about Porinita, teasing the viewers with back shots and fleeting glimpses. This week will finally set the stage for unraveling who she is.

Playing the Bong bombshell with oomph is none other than Kavita Kaushik who also plays Manya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Star Plus).

Talking about her character, Kaushik says, "Porinita is a totally negative character with lots of style and panache. She is negative, but at the same time comes across as being nice to others. Her entry on the show is critical to the direction the story is going in."

So does Kaushik slot Porinita as the typical small screen vamp, with heavy eye shadow and fluttering eyelashes? "She's beyond all that. I think Porinita will make a mark on the small screen in her own way. She has loads of attitude and doesn't care a damn about speaking her mind,"  says Kavita.

Dressed up in traditional Bengali saris and mumbling Bengali words, Porinita will make life difficult for the protagonist Disha.

"She is out to make life hell for Disha. She goes back a long way with her fling with DK (Ashish Nayyar), and Gargi (Kruttika Desai) spots her and bring her to the Sehgal family to separate DK and Disha. Besides this, Porinita has her eyes on DK's money as she's a gold digger."

In terms of the romantic angle, Porinita takes an instant liking to Vedant (Sachin Sharma), but decides to settle for DK since he has the power and the wealth. The afternoon drama, produced by Film Farm, has been enjoying enormous popularity with ratings showing a steady rise.

Rupali Guha, the producer for the show, says, "The Holi episode for the show marks one of the most important twists in the tale. Lately, the distance between DK and Disha has been reducing with the two getting closer to each other. Disha finally accepts the fact that she has feelings for DK despite the past. In the Holi special, we find DK filling Disha's maang with red colour, which is a huge step forward."

.....Lata..... IF-Dazzler
.....Lata.....
.....Lata.....

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 1:36am | IP Logged

So my guess was right, Porineeta is none other than Kavita Kaushik and she suits this vampish roles. Thanks Zoomboy for this article.

Now when DK and Disha are coming closer again this will increase their distance..........whyyyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyy such a torture for us audience  Confused. when will Dk and Disha actually fall in love.........Ouch

Cheers

Lata

samy74 IF-Dazzler
samy74
samy74

Zee Channel

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 1:43am | IP Logged

Hi

Oh godddddddddddddd more distance between the two nowwwwwwwwwwww i guess it will tak elong before the two get together or will they ever?????????????????????????????/Cry

samy

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 2:03am | IP Logged

Oh, come on! It was expected- or should have been, considering they plan on another couple hundred episodes.When DK and Disha finally unite for good, it will bring the closing days of the show, almost definately! I would be interested in seeing it otherwise, but I doubt they will take it any other way.

Hmmmmmmm......... mental note to self: watching TD presents further opportunities to work on increasing patience... Big smile Good things come to those who wait!

-DKaddict

samy74 IF-Dazzler
samy74
samy74

Zee Channel

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 2:24am | IP Logged

Hi

YEs this twist was very much expected but i only want Disha to admit to DK that she does have feelings for him atleast the poor thing will know.......feel bad for him.

Samy

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 2:41am | IP Logged

Me too! Let's go give him a BIG HUG and try to make him feel better! Hug

-DKaddict

jas Goldie
jas
jas

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 3:31am | IP Logged

oh...god...another vamp in the serial....

thanks for the info

jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 6:17am | IP Logged

thanks for the info

so here comes another vamp in tumhari disha serial!

Go to top