•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago

i know i cant make you do this but before you start reading this, please do this one thing.

go on any indian music site... www.raaga.com , www.smashits.com ,  

any site...then go to the movie Zeher...and then click on the song Agar Tum Mil Jao-Udit Narayan, not Shreya Goshal...and just listen to it and then begin reading it...

it makes the whole effect of reading it greater....because thats exactly how one of the characters feels...make sure its in low volume...it enhances the effect even more...

Holding a large bag stuffed with decorations, Saanjh ran towards the school, not even slowing down to catch her breath. She had just came back from work and it was already 9:30. Tomorrow morning was the fair and not a single piece of decor was up yet, thanks to her damn busy schedule.

As she reached the school, she fell down on the grass and tried to catch her breath. A bit dizzy, Saanjh laid down and looked up at the evening sky. It was so calm and peaceful. It didn't seem as if a single soul was out right now. Closing her eyes slowly, Saanjh felt her temples throbbing.

Sighing deeply, Saanjh saw the cool air emitting from her mouth and decided she better get to work before it got any colder. Quickly standing up, Saanjh took out the closed packages of balloons and started blowing. Red balloons, orange balloons, white balloons, small balloons, big balloons.

After she had blown and tied her 17th balloon, Saanjh's cheeks began to hurt...a lot. There were so many balloons! She was going to end up spending her whole night here! That was not supposed to happen. Now she was going to look like a beast in her new outfit with her baggy eyes and pale complexion tomorrow morning.

Leaning against a tree while taking a mini-break to soothe her cheeks, Saanjh closed her eyes once again and thanked God for not getting any new assignments to do during the week. All the teachers were pretty lenient because of this multi-cultural festival. Most of them were very eager to participate in the fair actually.

"Need some help?"

Startled, Saanjh looked up and saw Abhas standing over with a smile.

"Where did you come from?" Saanjh asked with a large smile.

"What does it matter?" Abhas said with a mysterious shrug. "Anyway, you seem to be happy to see me, which never happens. So I am guessing you would like some help, right?"

"You're an angel Abhas," Saanjh said holding onto the hand Abhas had extended to help her stand up.

"I know," Abhas said with a smile. "So you need help with those balloons?"

"Please." Realizing she was being a bit selfish, Saanjh quickly asked, "Wait do you have to be anywhere or anything because I would hate to keep you from doing something."

"Nah, don't worry about it," Abhas said, moving his hand carelessly in the air. "I remember one time you literally spent almost the whole night helping me study during finals week."

"Oh yea," Saanjh said remembering. "You used to slack off so much back then. You've change a lot since freshman year."

"Definitely. I had to spend like 8 consecutive hours with you that night. Because of that, I started doing better in school. I mean who in their right mind would want to spend so much time with you?" Seeing Saanjh's humorless expression, he quickly added, "Um that was a joke. You know, as in just kidding."

Rolling her eyes, Saanjh muttered whatever. However inside she was grateful for Abhas's help. He's so sweet, she thought to herself. "Alright, let's hurry up before it gets too late." Handing over a bag of streamers, Saanjh said, "Put them wherever you want."

"Whatever you say ma'am," Abhas said giving a salute.  

____________________________________________________________ ___________

It was getting colder and colder by the second and getting later and later into the night. All that was left was hanging up the directory so it could direct the crowd of what was going to take place where. It needed to be posted up somewhere high so it could be available to everyone at the same time. Finding a decent spot on the science hall wall, Saanjh got a chair from the music room, which, thankfully, was still open because some people were practicing some of their dance numbers in there.

Running back out, Saanjh placed the chair and stood on her toes so she could hang the directory up high. Once she got it up there, Saanjh got off the chair and moved back for a better view. She was thinking of calling Abhas so he could hang it up higher when she felt warm breath on the nape of her neck. Turning around, Saanjh's hair flew into Abhas's face, who seemed hypnotized.

"Oh wow," he murmured, barely audible.

Slightly confused, Saanjh smiled. "I didn't even realize you came. Actually, I was just about to call you."

"Oh?"

"Um, I know you're going to hate me after this but can you do me one last favor tonight?" Saanjh pleaded.

"Anything," Abhas said truly meaning it.

"Do you mind hanging that up higher?" Saanjh said pointing towards the directory.

Not even looking at what Saanjh was pointing at, Abhas stared into Saanjh's eyes and nodded. Realizing what he was doing after a second or so, he quickly looked up and tried to act the way he usually did. "Oh yea. Sure."

"Thanks! You're so incredibly sweet Abhas," Saanjh said hugging him. Remembering how she had left him hanging after the game of Antakshari the other day, she kissed him on the cheek. "That's for two things. One for apologizing for making you lose the other day. And one for you being so thoughtful and helping me today when you probably have so many other things to do."

Afraid he was going to faint in happiness, Abhas smiled and said, "For you, I would miss out on a lot of things." Walking towards the sign, Abhas stood up on the chair and moved the directory sign up.

Looking at Abhas working, Saanjh smiled and sighed softly. "I wish I could hear Ishan say that to me."

Edited by neelam8 - 19 years ago
hey.. dat was nice.. but i think the effect wud have come out even if we didnt hear the song.. lol i dunno.. newyz keep going.. good job
i did actual;ly listen to the song....lol....it did work...wow...thanx for such a nice story!!!

that was good, it was pretty romanticv, i had to turn the song off after a while though, i was getting distracted by it,lol.

can't wait to hear whats gona happen next time, aaahh, can't wait for the cultural festival. well done neelam (song was a good idea, and perhaps u could use some in the actual festival)

well done , i enjoyed this one, made be smile, god i missing ishan too now, haven't heard much of him from the past few stories.

when are u writing ur next post???? easter holidays have started, i'm expecting something along the lines of a daily post,lol.

well done neelam, only criticism is - could it be longer? ( but u can take that as a compliment too,lol)

yea pick a song for the festival 2.. :)
wow neelam...tht was a great ideaπŸ‘ ...the sing helped alot.. πŸ‘

please make the next post a little longer.... 😊
oh...imagine kareena and prem (from Kareena Kareena)...just a thought tht came in my mind while reading this part.... 😊