Rules & Announcements

The INFAMOUS Cookie Problem Finally FIXED

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hi All,

This is with great pleasure I announce that the very infamous "Cookie  Corruption Problem" which I feel most of the members who have been visiting India Forums from quite some time had faced once in a while if you keep logging from different browsers and different machines.

What is a Cookie?

The cookie which I am refering to is nothing related to the one which we can eat. Its a computer file stored in your browser temporary internet files to store small data to identify you and automatically logs you in to India Forums so that you do not have to login again when you visit the site.

What was the problem ?

Though it was not a problem with the coding as cookie corruption is due to browser not able to parse the cookies header properly and stores it in incorrect format. And to overcome it we had to delete the cookie manually.

Any Solution?

Now with few tweaking in the code we are tried to fix the problem where if it finds the cookie problem it will automatically expire the cookie so that when you try again to login you wont face this problem.

Do we still have to delete the cookie manually ?

NO! 😊 From the initial test conducted with the help of few active members who were facing the problem said that the problem is now not persisting.

What if I still face the same problem ?

Incase you are still facing the same problem then you can help me further investigate into it and make the code more compatible with your version of the browser. You can contact me through my email at: vijay (@) india-forums.com with the Subject: Infamous Cookie problem

More exciting news on its way...

Cheers,
Vijay 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heart*beat thumbnail
great news...thanks alot 😊
Shakstar thumbnail
thanks so much bhaiya... πŸ˜ƒ
Jia thumbnail
awesome! i had this problem too.

thanks!

~kp
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanx for the great news, Vijay πŸ‘ πŸ‘
vallanki thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks a lot for ur help

awaiting for the exciting news 😳
Kiran. thumbnail

Thanks Vijay😊

I never faced this problem.  I just have a habbit of clearing cookies, temp files, and passwords manuallyπŸ˜³πŸ˜†

jprasad thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†   yeah! that is wonderful news. I face this cookie issue from time to time. Glad to know it is fixed!
Mink''s Pink thumbnail
Thanks vijay for letting us know
Pachu.P thumbnail
Nice news!

Thnx Vijay!!