Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

How does the Gupta household survive ??

JustTP thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Just think about this ...

How does the Gupta household survive ? They didn't have enough money to start with. ASR had to pay the hospital bills for Mr. Gupta. Khushi was paid  only 30000 Rs. from her work at Raizada house soon after which she stopped working. They bought an engagement ring for Shyamu out of that. Khushi made all those sweets for the Raizadas on Diwali.  They would have been spending money on Mr.Gupta's medicines & health care which must be a big drain on their finances especially since Shyamu keeps disposing off the medicines every other week. Now Khushi is spending all her day at the Raizada house , working for free. She is supposed to be taking tutions but when do the kids come for tutions ? After midnight ? Bcos Khushi seems to be at the Raizada house late into the night... discussing stars with ASR when she is not taking his barbs. So is the Gupta household surving only on Shyamu's rent ? No wonder buaji is buttering him so much.

I am not looking for logic in the serial but  could we be atleast a tiny bit realistic here. With all the financial trouble that the Guptas are in, Khushi would never have been able to agree to go back to Raizada mansion & work for free. Forget the question of  self respect atleast consider practicality.

I don't blame ASR. If I had not seen the "selling bangle for plants" scene I would have thought Khushi is a gold digger too bcos that is how the CVs have been portraying her for some time now. She takes all the insults from ASR & still keeps following him around (to his bedroom no less) almost as if she is seeking his attention all the time. Also didn't she take the jewellery box from ASR when he handed it to her.. when she thot he had bought it for her & not La.. that too when he had insulted her just a little while before that. She tries on expensive wedding sarees that she cannot afford, that too in front of ASR. (Well you can say that La was adamant but khushi coudl have put her foot down cos not long back Khushi was portrayed as being adamant when it comes to her self respect). Made me cringe yesterday when after all the barbs she got from ASR on friday, she followed ASR to his bedroom to "explain".

CVs please understand , "sanskar" is not  about performing rituals & calling on devi maiyya all the time..  It is not "sanskar" if you cannot maintain ur dignity & self-respect. &  you have made khushi loose those.And while we are at it.. even by nani's version of "sanskar", she cannot be sanskari if she is all the time confronting ASR in his bedroom , especially now when he is as good as engaged to La & she to Shyamu.

I want the old Khushi back , the one who could give ASR the cold shoulder after the crumbling building incident & who could shove a resignation letter in his face. Looks like that Khushi is gone for good now. It is almost as if there is a duplicate khushi now, one without a spine who alternates between being a comic & a tear gas victim. . The only thing she seems to do when she is not being a clown is take insults from mami or ASR,  cry & then come back for more. Pleaaase CVs... pleaaase redeem Khushi's character. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Avana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I totally agree with you here.  They need do bring the strong khushi back.  She should not be taking all this crap.
chupachup thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
yes yes yes, the fiery, spirited, proud and fearless Kushi Kumari Gupta, who challenged ASR in the guesthouse..we want her back!
JustTP thumbnail
I wish we could send a petition to the CVs :)
chupachup thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: JustTP

I wish we could send a petition to the CVs :)

can we do that?or we could just tem them a mail on IF Fans behalf..
lexaxel thumbnail
U've raised some very good points๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.
nandinivarma thumbnail
for a long time logic have flown out of the window in this serial...which buaji in any family will try to marry off the younger daughter when the elder daughter is still unmarried especially since her marriage was called off at the last minute...she might never get married after that due to the bad name and the society stigma...two KKG is roaming the entire household of ASR including his bedroom, but she fails to see anjali's and her hubby's life size photograph (it is illogical that only one photograph of the couple is kept in the house), but even when khushi goes to anjali's room she missed out seeing the huge big photo...how illogical is that!!!!three the money aspect which has pointed out here very nicely...and yeah i have a suspicion ASR"s past will never be revealed to us...the same PH which has produced GEET has never given us the reason why the hero of the show was so angry and bitter in the beginning!!!!so i have a feeling we will be watching the flashback of the wedding, mother, explosion etc and be guessing and guessing...
JustTP thumbnail
Even if we can forget logic.. the least they can do for their viewers is move the story forward (& by that i don't mean just some comic episodes of khushi with ASR in a 5 star hotel).. instead of looping us through the same pattern & REDEEM KHUSHI'S CHARACTER.
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
You've raised some great points, and with a level head at that. Good job!

I have for a while been expecting the return of KKG in all her angry guest house glory. I thought it would happen after Diwali at the very least, but she seems to have gone, which is sad. The girl who went to his room to stand up for La yesterday, did not impress me in the least, nothing she said made sense compared to the girl who stood just hours before in the dressing room, looking him in the eye, telling him he wasn't good enough for her. She was the one I applauded.

There needs to be some serious script overhaul, as well as a little distance between the two lead characters. Their interactions are a little too frequent, and starting to lack in quality, which can be dangerous for the show, as it is nothing except their sizzling chemistry with the right dialogues, which keeps most of the audience coming back for more.
icebraker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
agreed 100%.she also provoked ASR so many times (making him coming to do arti during janmashtami, free lecture about the imp of marriage).Now we will see she will do some comic act in the restaurant.she has no memory about the diwali week.Really she is in the mood for "koi farak nahi padta" about anything. ๐Ÿ˜•

u really bring a good point why Bua loves her pet snake.๐Ÿ˜ƒ