India-Forums

Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

From YMLH to Tumhari Disha

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 3:17pm | IP Logged

We have compared YMLH to a lot of Ekta shows so how about a non-Ekta show. I am assuming here that Ronit and Ashmit are step-brothers and that Ashmit is older and also negative...here it goes:

Pooja is Disha- Disha loves Inder but her sacrifices her love for her younger sister's happiness (Rano) She ends up marrying DK to save her family from some finanicial woes regarding their diamond company. She hates DK, but is slowly starting to understand him now. She supports him against Gargi.

DK is Ashmit- This is a rough comparsion cause DK is in a league of his own with his complex character. I feel bad even comparing Ashmit to DK. Okay, DK has negative shades- he treats Disha like dirt in the early days of their marriage. He makes a contract with her: She must model for his company and he'll save her family. Disha eventually finds out that DK's biological mother Sumitra was abused and insulted by his choti maa, Gargi. She refuses to allow DK to meet his father- DK still tries to and meets with an accident that cripples both his legs. DK is Vedant's step-brother and hates him since he is Gargi's son and is close to Disha.

Gargi is Maya- Both characters are played by the same actress- Krutika Desai. Gargi is much more evil and her plans are much more successful. Her plans include creating differences between DK and Disha. She is the reason DK's mother Sumitra has been sick for so many years. Her son Vedant does not like her.

Ronit is Vedant/Inder- Inder because he cannot forget his first love, even after his marriage. He tries to contact Disha, meet with her etc. but she refuses for the sake of Rano's happiness. Later on Vedant enters, he befriends Disha and brings a ray of sunshine into her dark life. We find out later that he is DK's step-brother and Gargi's son. Vedant wants Disha to be happy and is in love with her, I think. 

Rano is Poornima- Rano is Disha's sweet younger sister. Poornima used to be sweet. Basically, both girls want a happy married life and nothing else. Rano has just found out the truth about Disha-Inder's past so her character could become negative as well. Let's see.

I think that is it. Now, I don't like Ashmit in YMLH but I do like DK in Tumhari Disha mainly cause his character is so well-defined and acted. I don't like Inder cause the actor who plays him does a bad job. But I also like Vedant a lot. And you guys know how I feel about Ronit Wink Disha is much more practical and sensible than Pooja, but she also sacrifices a lot.

Comments are welcomed.

Edited by sonynyu - 19 March 2005 at 4:18pm

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
wow i never noticed this before !!.It is like TD
Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 8:12pm | IP Logged

thats interesting,

I don't watch TD, so have no clue about it, but thats really interesting. I just hope that they go bak to original track, its getting really boring. poojs ki life main problems hain, magar itni, keh eik keh baad eik, thats simply crazyAngry

Jaslove IF-Rockerz
Jaslove
Jaslove

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 12:30am | IP Logged

hi sonynyu,

i liked what you did, in some way characters of disha and ymlh are similar. but i think disha is much better then ymlh. no one can be compared with dk his just too good.

no offense but pooja's life is getting boring looks like watching old movies once again. seroiusly the director should do something before the show gets worse. i think poornima overacts over what maya tells her.

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 20 March 2005 at 12:40pm
poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 1:09am | IP Logged
when does tumhari disha air???
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:22am | IP Logged

hey poison ivy

tumhari disha comes in zee tv ,if u r in india then u can see it at 8pm ,repeat telecast at night 12.30pm and morning 1.30pm

poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:47am | IP Logged
hey thnks jingle
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
 Hmm 2Hmm 2Hmm 2Hmm 2 

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 20 March 2005 at 12:40pm

Go to top