Kkusum
Kkusum

IS SHILPA SAKLANI...NEW KKUSUM

amita5 IF-Dazzler
amita5
amita5

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

By Vickey Lalwani

When Ekta Kapoor's search for Nausheen Ali Sardar's replacement in Kkusum ended, she must have been one relieved person.  The soap Queen never had it so tough being stranded without the main lead of one of her flagship serials. Not even when Amarr Upadhyay (aka Mihir Virani) quit her show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi would she have had sleepless nights. 

After tapping every potential candidate, including the likes of Gautami Kapoor, Iravati Harshe, and even Meenakshi Seshadri, she finally got someone to fill Nausheen Ali Sardar's shoes. Suddenly, she remembered an actress — simple and sweet, no flamboyance, so very like the reel character of Kkusum. 

The only hitch was: "Would the actress agree to join back the daily grind, after a hiatus of two long years? A few phone calls and a handful of meetings later, things fell into place. The show would go on thought a relieved Ekta. Which it did, but now suddenly something seems to have gone wrong.

Rumours are flying that it's just a matter of time before Manasi ceases to be a part of the show! Is Manasi Joshi Roy opting out of Sony's Kkusum or has she been asked to leave? Shilpa Saklani (Ganga of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) is one of the main contenders to step into Manasi's shoes, they say.

Manasi denies the rumours as preposterous, though she admits that they have been flying thick and fast. "I would like to meet the person who started these rumours. I am very sure of what I am saying. I have not received any such orders, neither from Balaji nor from Sony", she said firmly and added "I am fit and fine. I am still shooting. There is no replacement coming."

Funnily Saklani had this to say. "I have been offered the role, but I did not ask any details about it. I am not sure if I want to take up more work. I have got married just few months ago (to Apoorva Agnihotri). So I am giving more time to my husband. But let's see."

Ekta's assistant Nivedita Basu said, "We have offered Saklani a role in Kkusum but that's another character, a negative role. Kkusum is not changing," Basu effectively squashed the rumours. As for Nausheen Ali Sardar who is currently busy with a non-happening show Kaalchakra, she had recently claimed that Ekta Kapoor had wanted her back in the title role of Kkusum.

Let's see where this hi-drama is taking everyone!

Wink Watch out for new exciting news....

anam2004 Senior Member
anam2004
anam2004

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Salaam.. wht is ekta doing.... Ayesha or Shilpa!!!
The role of Kusum won't suite any of them!! ..All I know is the Nausheen was the best in doing that role..
icy_devil IF-Dazzler
icy_devil
icy_devil

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
thx's 4 sharing. If ganga plays the role of kkusum then she would look yonger then KumudLOL.

Edited by icy_devil - 19 March 2005 at 2:37pm
myaj Groupbie
myaj
myaj

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 5:23pm | IP Logged

kumud is so old looking they need a new kumud....one that looks younger...how old is she on that kkusum...only 19 right...yeah she loos 28 mininum...they should make akkasha kkusum and this gurl kumud...that would be better!

Edited by myaj - 20 March 2005 at 5:26pm
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
She is way too young to play Kusum.
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
i agree--Shilpa wouldn't fit the role.  I wouldn't mind Nausheen back.
dolly1211 Goldie
dolly1211
dolly1211

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 1:15am | IP Logged
LOL LOL
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 2:55am | IP Logged
ayesha would suit the role but they need some1 2 match the ever young lookin abhay

Go to top