Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

divya86

Groupbie

divya86

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Manvi lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling fan whirring away slowly. Her di was finally married! The wedding had gone off very well and di had been welcomed into the Vadhera family with open arms and hearts. Di would be very happy with Viren jeeju, that much was for sure. And the happiest thing was that she hadn't missed the wedding, although beeji had forbidden
her from attending. She wasn't exactly sure how he had managed it, but Virat had worked his magic on his family and made his mother and grandfather request beeji to forgive her and call her to the wedding. For that, she was ready to forget everything he'd done - be it yelling at her or getting her into trouble constantly. She'd told him as much when he came to fetch her, hugging him tight out of sheer relief and joy. And from that instant, they'd become very good friends, even if they did fight on and off. They'd had a blast during the rest of the ceremony, ganging up to tease the hell out of their gentle siblings. They'd driven each other up the wall, too, but that was all in the name of fun, no hard feelings at all. And to beeji's relief, he'd managed to keep her out of more trouble, often dragging her away by force when he saw his bua's expression change. All in all, she'd had a blast, but now it was time to leave. The last ceremony had been completed the previous day and beeji had wanted to leave immediately, but badi beeji had suddenly fallen sick and so they'd had to postpone their trip back by a couple of days.

"Manvi... Maaanvi!!" The loud banging at the door brought her out of her reverie. Virat. She jumped out of bed, grinning and rushed to open the door. Putting on a mock-angry expression she huffed, "Kya aafat aan padi hai jo mera door todne pe tule ho. Kabhi toh shant raha karo. And you say I'm the trouble-maker... uff!" He grinned back at her, rolling his eyes comically. "Shuru kar diya! Are you sure you're my bhabhi's own sister? Woh itni sweet si hain and you... Tauba!" he said, neatly stepping out of the way as Manvi tried to smack him. "Acha ab jaldi tayyar ho jao and chalo. I want to buy a welcome-to-the-family present for bhabhi but I can't decide what to buy. Come and make yourself useful for once in your life" he smirked, only to have the door slammed in his face. "Manvi! Kya yaar!! Bandariya ki bandariya rahogi... What if you'd hit my nose? Kitne ladkiyon ka dil toot jaata," he yelled from outside, as Manvi walked away to get dressed, laughing to herself.

She'd thought that shopping would take an hour or so, but she'd seriously underestimated Virat's capacity to mess things up. First, the car had broken down, then he'd annoyed the driver behind him with his smart-ass comments leading to the poor man nearly having a fit and they'd reached the mall pretty late. Once there, he'd trashed each and every item she'd suggested, with such disparaging comments that the shop-owners glared at them angrily. Now, she was normally not one to get embarrassed over things like this, but even she had a limit. She was just starting to think that all the shop-owners in the mall would gang up and throw them out, when her eyes fell on a lovely piece of jewellery that would just look perfect on her Jeevika di. And, thanks to the blessings of the gods above, Virat agreed with her. By the time they'd picked up the set and left the mall, it was already evening and the sun was just beginning to set.

Manvi sat back in the car's front seat, stretching out her sore feet. "I am never coming out shopping with you again!" she declared, thwacking Virat's shoulder. He smirked, not taking his eyes off the road. "Now you know how I felt when you went shopping for your thirteen gifts," he retorted. He turned to her, his smirk turning into a devilish grin. "Payback is quite sweet, Manvi Chaudhary," he said, winking at her. Manvi's mouth fell open. "Chep kahin ke... Tumhare stupid payback ke liye you made me roam around the mall in heels for four hours! I can't walk, my feet are so sore!!" She thwacked him again, a little harder this time. "Tum seedhe seedhe baat nahin kar sakti kya? Hamesha manhandle karti ho... Ladki ho ya pehelwan?" Virat asked, raising his eyebrow at her. She huffed, not saying anything. "Acha ab baat bhi nahin karogi? Theek hai, mat
karo. My poor ears need a break anyway," he said, laughing as she stuck her tongue out at him and turned to look out of the window.

The car fell absolutely silent. Virat made no attempt to talk to her, focusing on weaving through the heavy rush hour traffic. Feeling irritated, Manvi turned the FM on, and began flipping through the channels. "Not one good song, by god!" she exclaimed, to Virat's amusement. The next channel she turned on had the radio announcing a popular single, that had been at the top of the charts for nearly six weeks. Manvi squealed, recognizing the strains of her favourite song.

Mann chandre nu raas naa aave,
    Naa aave darwaas.
    Jiggar daa saudaa kyon kar baithaa?
    Mukdi jaandi aas.

Engrossed in the song, she completely failed to notice the way Virat had stiffened. He suddenly reached out to turn the FM off, his jaw clenched. "What the..." Manvi began, stopping for a moment when she saw the flash in his eyes. However, no one had ever told her about the little thing called discretion and she continued, "Why did you do that? I love that song! That girl is unbelievably talented..." Virat cut her off gruffly. "I hate that song." Her quick temper flared at that. "But I like it! And I wanted to hear it... You are so annoying!" Virat just shook his head. "Think what you will... I don't particularly care." he said, his face a mask. The fact that he was hiding something from her irritated Manvi immensely. "Fine then, I'll sing the rest of the song myself," she said, making a face.

Je lut jaandaa te lut jaandaa dil,
    Hauke khaa ke chup jaandaa.
    Beparvaa daa ki kehna? Haaye!
    Naa aave darwaas,
    Mukdi jaandi aas!

She squealed suddenly as the car screeched to a sudden halt. "Have you gone mad?" she yelled, but before she could say any more, Virat grabbed her arm and pulled her close. "Do not sing that song around me, you understand?" he ground, looking so dangerous that she felt scared for a moment. "And no, I will not tell you anything more, so don't even think about asking."

He let her arm go and began driving again, not deigning to notice her for the rest of the journey. The steely silence continued once they'd reached home as well; his mum had even asked them both if everything was alright, but they'd brushed her off with easy smiles, still ignoring each other.

That night, Manvi turned and tossed in bed, completely unable to fall asleep. What was with Virat and music? He had the most beautiful voice yet hated singing. And why the reaction to that particular song? He'd never ever done that before. For some reason she couldn't fathom, it hurt to have him angry at her. "Stupid chep. Uski wajah se ab mujhe neend bhi nahin aa rahi," she cursed, walking to the window for some fresh air. As she stood at the open window, talking in refreshing breaths of the cold night air, she thought she heard someone singing softly. Her infamous curiosity immediately kicked in and she crept out of the house, not even bothering to wear her slippers or a jacket, though it was very cold outside. She walked towards the voice coming from the back garden, realizing that the person who was singing was, in fact, exceptionally talented. As she got closer, she could discern a tall figure sitting on the bench in the darkness. Virat.

Darad sautondaa, Bedardaan nu,
    Bedardaa daa ki jaandaa?
    Darad sataundaa, Bedardan nu,
    Bedardaa daa ki jaandaa?
    Bedardaa daa ki jaandaa?

As she heard him sing those lovely words in that beautiful voice of his, Manvi completely forgot herself. Was this man the same boy who loved to tease the living lights out of her? There was so much passion in his voice, so much pain. He almost sounded heartbroken... She crept closer, not wanting to miss a word.

Mann chandre nu raas naa aave,
    Naa aave darwaas.
    Mukdi jaandi aas.

His voice suddenly broke on the last word, and he buried his face in his hands. She could hear him heave a ragged sigh, sounding frustrated and desperate. She felt awkward, as if she'd invaded on a very private moment, yet she was intrigued... She wanted to go to him, hold him and comfort him. She wanted to kiss his pain away. "Where did that come from?!" she thought, shocked. A little scared at the turn her treacherous thoughts were taking, she turned to leave. But she'd taken just one step when her clumsiness decided to manifest itself and a nearby pot fell to the ground with a loud crash, followed by Manvi herself.

In an instant, Virat was up on his feet and by her side. He helped her stand, brushing off the mud from what had been her pristine white pajamas. "Tum theek toh ho na," he asked, looking concerned, but serious. Manvi stood quietly, not daring to open her mouth for fear that she would offend or anger him unknowingly. "Manvi?!", he shook her slightly, quirking his eyebrow in a silent question. Still unable to speak, Manvi simply nodded, walking past him to sit down on the bench. After glancing at her inscrutably for a long moment, he joined her. "You just can't stay put in one place, can you?" he asked, quietly. She lifted her eyes to meet his, her breath suddenly catching at the turbulence clearly reflected in them, even in the dim light. "Woh main... main woh..." she began, unsure of what to say. "Is this the first time you've been at a loss for words?" he enquired casually, giving her a half-smile that assured her he wasn't angry. Relief flooding her being, Manvi leant back on the bench, pulling her knees up. "You know Virat, you just sang that song better than the original singer. You are so incredibly talented, by far the best-est singer I've ever heard" she gushed, kicking herself a moment later when he froze. She shut her eyes, cursing her loud mouth and peeked at him. The mask had fallen in place, but his eyes gleamed. "Is he crying?" she thought, panicking. The next minute, a whispered 'Thanks' relaxed her worry somewhat.

They continued to sit there, Virat lost in his own thoughts and Manvi unwilling, no unable, to leave. Something about the way he sang had touched her deeply, making her want to be with him always, to know his secrets and fears, to soothe him and to take comfort from him. Something had shifted between them, that much was certain, and things would never be the same again.

As the temperature dropped further, Manvi shivered slightly, moving closer to Virat involuntarily, her body unconsciously seeking his warmth. The sudden movement must have startled him, for he turned to her. "Manvi!" he exclaimed, as he saw her properly, "Why aren't you wearing warm clothes? It is so darn cold and you are sitting here in those flimsy things you call your pajamas. You're going to catch your death here. Chalo let's go inside," he chided her, taking off his jacket to cover her. As they stood up, he noticed her bare feet and thwacked his forehead. "Yeh ladki mujhe pagal kar degi", he exclaimed to the skies, shaking his head. "Where are your slippers?" Manvi smiled sheepishly. "Bhool gayi." Virat rapped his knuckles on her forehead gently. "Kuch hai kya yahaan pe?" he enquired, with his customary smirk, running to the house, with her in hot pursuit.

They quietly crept through the silent house, careful not to wake anyone. They'd had a scary moment already, when Virat had burst out laughing after one look at her face. He'd grabbed her nose, which had gone red from the cold, and whispered to her that now she completely looked like the clown she was, which of course, made her yell her choicest abuses at him. They'd shut
up, as they heard a noise upstairs, and were now almost at her door, still laughing silently. Manvi was just about to go in, when Virat stopped her. "I think there are some extra blankets in the wardrobe. Cover yourself properly, ok?" he instructed her. Manvi rolled her eyes. He grinned, but continued. "Oh and wash your feet in hot water, dry them and put on some socks, for god's sakes. Warna tumhe sardi lag jayegi and phir meri khair nahin. Bhabhi and Maa will kill me..." He made a wry face at her, making her giggle. "Yes sir! Any more orders for me?" Manvi teased, sticking out her tongue at him. Virat laughed, then said seriously. "Take your medicines, Manvi... I don't want a repeat of the jagraata" Manvi sighed. "Acha baba, ab jao. Main sab karloongi... Good night," she said, pushing him away. "Good night bandariya," he replied, flashing her a million-dollar smile. He took a few steps and turned back. "Ab kya?" she asked him, tilting her head to the side. "Woh... well, never mind", he said, shaking his head. He turned to walk away, and then turned back yet again, coming to stand right in front of her. "You know how you said I sang better than the original musician?" he said, hesitantly. Manvi looked at him, taking in his sudden nervousness, and put her hand in his. He grasped it tightly, closed his eyes, and whispered so softly that she had to lean in to hear him. "I wrote the song." Without another word, he let go of her hand and left, leaving behind a completely confused Manvi.

Manvi stumbled blindly into her room and fell onto her bed. What did he mean? How could he have written the song? She thumped the pillow frustratedly. Virat was such an enigma, constantly revealing layers to his personality that she didn't even suspect. "How does it matter to you, Manvi?" she asked herself, but she knew she didn't have the answer. As she snuggled into
bed, Manvi reflected on everything she didn't know - she didn't know why she fought with Virat, she didn't know why he was the only one besides her di who could make her laugh and cry, she didn't know why she cared about him, she didn't know why he was the one she confided in, she didn't know why and how he brought her peace... she didn't even know why she didn't want to
take his jacket off. As she slipped into a deep sleep, Manvi's last thought was about the one thing she knew for sure - something about her feelings for Virat had changed, strengthened... and she liked it.

That's all, folks! Hope you liked it... The song is 'Mann chandre' by A R Rahman, sung by Sukhwinder Singh and Shraddha Pandit (I think). It's a song about heartbreak and I don't know why, but I wanted to use it for Virat and Manvi. Here's the link if you haven't heard it before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOvLqWdhhBk&feature=related

Edited by divya86 - 28 November 2011 at 10:04am

The following 97 member(s) liked the above post:

Aimen Ahmedpinklilliesrockinggirl555lemasri-JeeVi-VirMan-dangerousgurlkingkaneMaRiZashni0905SS_nishaanu008amee1mayur247Rashiiiisalekh1Pinam3raveenamcvishrutaVeronica1504ahutamoonstruckhillysna004pinks86cue1niya_sshiningstarzshrutiavmredfox2cute4u_22subtlesapphire--Mystical--Mysterious.LadycukkyRose_Tandonmisakisonika_virmanjinakuwaffmzhrayeshapastaisha.raj_98khusamvamps1996JeeMaananvyagnihotrideepika03manvilover18Krazzy4u786virmanforeverAashika_virmanluvzindagibooksfreak07pinkstarsshehroon_riazmadhu_sridharaysha1989Nazmaamasinprincess14madhubansenNikhi.shabsemrusha4003rev4eva...Maham...SongsOf_Silenceshiv-gauri4evaBreak.The.Codemoksha89sakshi_aditiBrunoMarsshona_virmankulsum_virmanKSG_luvSyed695SugarCubes_Shru_ashred12-Seraphic-..kashish..Let-It-Gopreethisniksidfanalicemath|Persephone|NaughtynattyLumzzRKDramebaaz-Priyam-Zehnaseeb.VarunKiBiwiWahian4lyfnaina927...Jes....DulcetdumasNikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "VirMan OS - Falling for him" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mysterious.Lady

Mysterious.Lady

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
wow! perfect!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

divya86

shehroon_riaz

Goldie

shehroon_riaz

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Amazingly Wonderful!
Such a good part of this story :)
Now this makes me want to read on, Please continue quickly and pm me when you do

divya86

-Fortune-

-Fortune-

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Great work!!!!!!! Love it:)

divya86

The007Shivani

IF-Sizzlerz

The007Shivani

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:15am | IP Logged
pm if u continue and well done

divya86

Nikhi.

Goldie

Nikhi.

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Loved it, loved it, loved it. The fact that I want you to continue this as an FF, or at least an SS, just goes to show how much I loved this.

Thank you for such a beautiful piece of writing, and do continue writing! Smile

Edited by Nikhi. - 28 November 2011 at 5:09pm

divya86

Ishita131

Ishita131

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Beautiful !!! Loved IT !!! HeartClapHug

divya86

moonstruck

moonstruck

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 11:30am | IP Logged
A M A Z I N G !!! LIKE, LIKE, VERY MUCH LIKE!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

divya86vishalfool

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.