Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sawariyah

sawariyah

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Interview : Nobody serves hot like Sameera
Feb 25, 2006

Courtesy: MusicIndiaOnline

She is a sex symbol, a vivacious beauty and confidence personified. Sameera Reddy is always ready to face challenges and keeps climbing the ladder, besides knowing the technique of making the guys go weak in the knees. Film buffs will see more of her, as her film 'Taxi No 9211' is all set for release this week. More importantly, she has been approached for a UK-based international project. Now, she spills the beans just for you.

Excerpts from the interview:

Is it true that an international film based on Monica Ali's novel 'Brick Lane' has come your way?

Yes, it's true. The producers chose me after seeing my film 'Kaal Purush'. It's an honor to get such an offer, as the book is nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. The film is all about a woman name Nazneen from Bangladesh, who bears lots of hardship in both personal and social levels. It has a strong script and I would love to do it. But the problem is that they want 45 days' schedule. I don't know if I will mange to find time, as I am very busy with my other commitments. Still, I will try my best to do this film.

Could you tell us about your other projects?

My next release is 'Taxi No 9211' and then I have Anees Bazmi's 'Benaam' opposite Ajay Devgan. I am going to do 'Fool And Final' with Sunny, Shahid and Viveik in the lead roles. Feroze Nadiadwala is the producer and Ahmad Khan is the director. Then there is Tolu Bajaj's film titled 'Naksha' co-staring Sunny and Vivek again. Sachin Bajaj is the director. I am going to play the role of a young journalist who loses her way in the jungle in this film. I also have a film for director Tigmanshu Dhulia titled 'Gulami'. I play the role of Irrfan's sister in the film and we both are dacoits. Sunny is the other hero of this film.

How was your experience working in 'Taxi No 9211'?

I really enjoyed doing the film and I've learnt a lot. It has shaped out very well so far. Working with Nana and John is fun and they share unbelievable chemistry. Audience will feel that I have edged out my share from these two stalwarts after seeing the film. I am John's girlfriend in the film. I play the role of a very practical and materialistic girl.

How was it working with stalwart like Nana Patekar and John Abraham?

It was pleasure working with Nana. He is one of the best and most professional actors I have ever met. He makes you grow as an actor by giving invaluable tips. His screen presence is a beauty. Work environment is very good and there is no competition whatsoever when he is around. And as far as John is concerned, I should say he has wonderful temperament. He never gives in to pressure. You know, he is very popular and people irrespective of age run after him wherever he goes.

What about director Milan Luthria?

He gives you enough space to give out your best, and at the same time, he is always there to help you out when you go astray. He takes charge of everything once he is on the sets. It feels good when he is around.

You have earned lots of accolades for your performance in Bengali film 'Kaal Purush'. It has also gone to many international festivals. How do you feel?

I was stunned when Buddhadeb Dasgupta asked me at the IFFI fest in Goa to work in his film. I am blessed with so many things in my life and this film is one of them. I will surely work with him again.

It is reported that you are not going to act in Priyadarshan's film with Akshay, Govinda and Lara Dutta. Is it true?

I am very unlucky to miss out this project. My dates have gone haywire at this very point of time. I think everything will come to place by June. I am very busy these days, as I do two to three shifts everyday. Sometimes I go down with flu but can't help.

Do you have any dream role?

I would love to do films with variety, shades and fun. I don't ask for the moon. I just want roles that make me grow as an actor. That's it.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Interview: Nobody serves hot like Sameera" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aries23

IF-Stunnerz

Aries23

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 6:56am | IP Logged
thx

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Thanks

Post Reply New Post

Go to top