Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Prabhu Deva on life, career and more

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sawariyah

sawariyah

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Right body for the moves!

Prabhu Deva, the Micheal Jackson of India, who works magic with his unique and brilliant composition of steps speaks to indya.com about his life, career and Kaboom!

Kaadhalan, Mr Romeo, Love Birds, 123, Raasaiah, Minsaara Kanavu, Kaadala Kaadala, VIP, Charlie Chaplin, Ullam Kollai Pogudhe and Dance Numbers in successful movies like Pukar, Gentleman and Indu… He has had many hit movies to his credit. In addition, he has also won the national award for his choreography in Lakshya. Turning director with the hit movie Nuvvu Vastavante Nen Vadhantaana, Prabhu Deva is flying high with his recent success and has more to go... Excerpts from an exclusive interview with the man himself on indya.com:

How was it working for the movie Lakshya?
It was a great experience. Actually, Farhan had booked me a year before they started working on it. I was very tensed and tried to give my best.

Who is the best dancer among actors you have worked with?
All of them I have worked with are very dedicated and they work hard. I like Hrithik's style. Down south, I think Junior NTR is amazing when he dances. Vijay and Simbhu also have a style of their own.

Who is the best leading lady you have worked till date?
I like Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit. Shilpa is a very good dancer too. In the south, I think Rambha and Simran have style and can dance very well. Meena is very emotive and Roja works very hard to be perfect in her steps. They are all very dedicated and know how to perform.

Define Dance
Dance is the expression of joy. Everyone can dance, it is not restricted.

Comment on Indian dance versus western dance forms.
I love Indian Dance and think that Bharathnatyam is the most expressive way of dance.

Why and how did you come into the film industry?
I came into the industry through my father. He was in the industry too. I think it was destined to be so, and this industry gives me my bread and butter!

Do you watch STAR channels? If so, which is your favourite channel?
I do. But mostly, I watch black and white movies. The old movies mesmerise me and I get very emotional.

What do you have to say about Kaboom and the contestants?
It is a very nice show where aspiring artists get to stage their talent. It is really great that people get to know about these young talent. And regarding the comments that me and Javed say to the contestants, I had earlier said that I will only speak about the good things of the contestants while Javed will take care of the bad ones! (smiles)

Do you need to be a trained dancer if you have to come into movies?
Not at all! You just need to work hard and have all the luck in the world.

If given a choice, what would you choose, acting or choreography?
It is very childish to ask such a question! (laughs aloud) How would you react if I said, 'who would you choose between your Mom and Dad?'

How was it working with Madhuri Dixit in Pukar?
What can I say? The whole nation loves her! She is just amazing and mind blowing.

Who is the best dancer among your brothers - Raju Sundaram and Prasad?
That is for you to say!

How is the experience of being a director? How was the first shot?
I was very tensed and to make my life easier, I kept a very simple shot. (laughs)

Any embarassing moments till date?
You just now said, "you dance well, so that was very embarassing for me!"

The most exciting day in your life...
The day I got to know that my directorial debut was a hit.

Favourite food…
I love any dish prepared with potatoes. But right now, I am dieting.

If God grants you three wishes, what would you ask?
1) Give me the strenght to dance till I am a 75 yrs old
2) Travel throughout the world and enjoy life to the fullest
3) Do good to everyone

Which is the best of performance till date?
That is very difficult to tell.

You favourite movie till date?
Kaadalikka Neramillai starring Muthuraman and Ravichandran

Where would Prabhudeva be in a decade?
I don't know where I would be in another month!

What is it that you love about movies the most?
It is the biggest industry that not only entertains but also creates trends and keeps people happy.

Kaadalan was a mega hit and you became a star over night, how was it to work in a movie like that?
I was very young at that time. I didn't know much about films nor did I know how to act. All I knew was that I had to perform the role to the best of my ability. It was indeed very difficult, but I could manage it.

Which are your forthcoming projects?
There is a movie called Pournami that I am involved in right now.

Your message to your fans?
Enjoy your life to the fullest and do good to people.

Your message to aspiring actors/dancers/choreographers.
There is nothing that I have to tell. Everyone in this world is talented. So all the best to everyone!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prabhu Deva on life, career and more" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top