Parmeet opting out of ’Jassi’??

cdesai12 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
  Parmeet opting out of 'Jassi'?? 

Our sleuths have just sniffed out a scoop!Parmeet Sethi wants to opt out of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin!

But why? Sethi is not too enthu about the way his role is shaping up, they say.

We decided to check out this piece of news.

When contacted, Sethi gave us a long pause when we told him what we had heard. But he did not beat around the bush when he began.

"Well, I don't have much of a role to play these days. They have shifted from the original Betty La Fea from episode No.90 onwards. The spotlight is on Jassi's love life. The focus is on Jassi and Purab. Where do I fit in?", he said, adding quickly, "I am not complaining. It happens in daily soaps."

Has he stopped shooting for the show? "I haven't stopped shooting. I am ticking away as per the schedules. But I don't see myself in the story as I used to earlier. If the story shifts to Gulmohur Fashion House, it's fine. Else I'll take a call," he said, after another pause.

Has he spoken to the people concerned? "There is nothing to speak about specifically. We are a team, and therefore, in constant touch. They are currently writing the next route the show will take. Let me read that. Then I'll decide."

On date, Parmeet has grabbed two exciting, meaty roles in films. One, Karan Johar's thriller Kaal directed by Soham. Two, Dipak Tijori's Fareb. While the former stars Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi, John Abraham, Lara Dutta and Esha Deol, the latter has Manoj Bajpai, Shilpa Shetty and Shamita Shetty.

Is Sethi's indecisivenness about Jassi motivated by the film offers? "Not at all. Films are shot aaram se and I can easily adjust my dates. If they tell me that the story will shift back to Gulmohur or if I am required in the central storyline even after 50 episodes, I will hang on," he concludes optimistically.

Hmmm...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ides thumbnail
Thnx cdesai😊.......awww....he is a great actor and I dont think anyone else will fill his shoes properly......I'll miss him if he leaves JJKN.....😭😭😭 Edited by ides - 19 years ago
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks cdesai..

I think that he is making a smart move. His acting is being not used much and he is a wonderful actor. I always liked from the days of dastaan...

ruta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
well he does'nt have much of a role nowadays except being a second-fiddle to armaan.They even left his love story hanging in mid-air.Its better he leaves JJKN and opts for other avenues so that his potential does'nt go waste.
Archie thumbnail
Btw, was there Raj in the original BLF? If so, what happens to him in that story? Does anyone know?
manimau thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey, thanks cdesai12 for the info..... I will surely miss him if he decides to quit.... I really admire his acting....
Morgoth thumbnail

Raj was there in BLF as Mario...his character basically poisoned Armando's ears against Betty from time to time...He had a bigger role in the original series.

In JJKN, characters like Raj, Aryan and Pari are now redundant.

Oh well, its better to look for another outlet if he is not satisfied with the character.

sarah_habib thumbnail
HE CANT LEAVE THE SHOW I BEAR ARMAAN ONLY BECAUSE OF HIS SILLY IDEAS ...HE CANT GO ...
Surabhi_24 thumbnail
I really miss Raj and his one liners. He is a brilliant actor. Both Armaan and Raj are best buddies. They share each others deepest secrets. I dont know whether they will find a replacement for him.