'Love knows no age' - MiD-Day article

shamil thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Excerpts from the article abt KTLK

Television romances are not limiting themselves to the jaded idea that only the young can be in love

Cupid strikes again on Indian television. After hordes of shows on young romances, its now the turn of the older lot to turn on the heat. We have shows like Bade Achche Lagte Hai and Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, which have proved with its on-going popularity that audiences are enjoying the adult love-stories.

The older man--younger girl syndrome has been tried with some success and some duds in films like Lamhe, Nishabd, Joggers Park and Cheeni Kum. Now it's television that is experiencing the trend and from the looks of it, is giving the young love stories a run for their money.

Playing the suave and mature Dr Ashutosh in KTLK, Mohnish Behl has rediscovered a fan base among the young girls "It's embarrassing when young girls who are my daughter's age find me appealing. In fact, my daughter is always surfing up their comments on me and describes it as 'drooling'.😆 Which man and which actor would not like such a reaction?" he smiles shyly before elaborating, "I guess the whole process of two people who are a complete mismatch falling in love is what appeals to the audience."

Analysing this trend, he says, "This concept is not completely new to television. We saw the theme in shows of the late 90's like Saans, Amaanat and Tara. This was followed by the whole movement of family dramas, and then the reality shows. Now, the mature love stories are back. Our audiences want a change constantly."

Writer Kamlesh Pandey offers an interesting perspective to this, "We are talking about two individuals with a 18 year gap. Then there are the logical issues that friends and families bring forth which I am tackling head-on in this show. You will find many girls going for older men because they are looking for a father figure as opposed to younger guys who they find irresponsible and immature."

The article link-  http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2011/nov/281111-bollywood-Love-knows-no-age.htm
Edited by shamil - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daffodil81 thumbnail
Thanks Shamil
Wonderful article.
Poor MB gets embarassed at our comments.
But Mistake is all his, who asked him to look so hawt/ handsome/ appealing and expect us not to DROOL. Not possible. 
sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

hailaaa🤣🤣...shamil thanks...awesome article and soo true...Pranutan must be soo embarrassed reading women of all age,shape and kinds drooling shamelessly over her father par isme hamare dil ka kya kasoor🤣

and yes girls would any day prefer ...older ,mature brooding men ...it is soo easy to get attracted to perfect gentlemen with an air of arrogance and charm😍...
Edited by sun29 - 12 years ago
shamil thumbnail
he forgot to  mention house wives like us who shamelessly ogle at him while our poor patidevs and kids sit beside us🤣
Edited by shamil - 12 years ago
shamil thumbnail
am very happy that the show is receiving a lot of positive response nowadays
daffodil81 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shamil

he forgot to  mention house wives like us who shamelessly ogle at him while our poor patidevs and kids sit beside us🤣

😉
Edited by ashblore - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Glad to get this wave of freshness and subtle romance and some good conversation in love story 
Rather than the cliched running around the bush and dupatta flying and the loud   Hunky dovey stuff..

Such kinda mature love story is needed to be watched and understood the way beautiful love can be expressed keeping in mind the characters and actors who play such concepts are giving their best and it shows in their gestures and performance

And MB does justice with ladies drooling over his sweet gestures

Thanks shamble for teharticle says it all
sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

am very happy that the show is receiving a lot of positive response nowadays

haan it's popularity especially in urban setting is increasing day by day...and me too happy it is receiving such positive response
RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

exactly☺️

thanks for the lovely article Shamil 😊
Armu4eva thumbnail
Awesome article Shamo...thanks for sharinggg..🤗

N lmao..on the 'drooling' ...ye khabar chapvado akhbar me...poster lagva do bazar mein...sari ladkiyan ho gai lattooo --MB ji ke pyaar me 😳🤣🤣