Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Mind boggling world of medicine - KTLK style! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DeepShadow

Thanks a lot shreyamathur_18, ronitfan, SriB, shilpita87, achiever :). Glad you guys liked the post.

@rabzonedge: I'm quite surprised that someone would really want to listen to my take but that's sweet of you. If the motivation strikes then I will definitely dissect some scenes that I feel are worth it :)

Originally posted by ronitfan

In Mallika's cabin, the certificate on the wall right behind her.. reads Dr.Michael! bwahahahhahahahaha xD

OMG..Haha...I totally didn't notice that. Took a screen shot...lol

Originally posted by shamil

Dr.Michael? no wonder Dr.Ashutosh never showed any interest in him/herROFL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLAwesome response shamilROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

HAHAHAHAHHHAA thank you so much for the validating screenshot LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DeepShadowshamil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mind boggling world of medicine - KTLK style! (Page 5)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--Sari--

IF-Rockerz

--Sari--

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged
ROFL Loved your post!

Barah saal ki dosti, barah saal ka pyaar, along with barah saal ki nagging aur barah saal ki thick headedness.

Only if Ms. Barah Saal had put in so much energy and effort towards her profession, she would probably be running Dr. Kotnis General Hospital instead of Dr. Ashutosh...What say?

so true! & maybe running his house too instead of "kebin"LOL

DeepShadowshamil

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 29 November 2011 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
Fantastic...ClapClapClap

I followed the earlier one now this is even betterLOL

Medicine aur internship gayee Teel lenay !!

And the Global warming one was a one fandu one !! ROFL

Please keep wrting more

DeepShadowshamil

-renu-

IF-Dazzler

-renu-

Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
FANTABULOUS post , dear...how did i miss this one ????...

Dr. Michael...err I mean Dr Mallika ROFL...sudhar jaao please...

DeepShadowshamil

poppy2009

IF-Rockerz

poppy2009

Posted: 30 November 2011 at 1:49am | IP Logged
This is by far one of the funniest and most sensible posts I have read in a long time on IF!LOL And I don't even watch this show on a regular basis! Excellent job!Clap

The only realistic medical drama shown on television till date has been a soap called Dhadkan, which aired a couple of years back, ironically on Sony Television itself! It had a fantastic ensemble cast of actors and every character was given his or her own screen time and a short story of their own! More importantly, the serial did not mock the medical profession and showed a great deal of what goes on in a hospital...focusing on the Doctor-Patient relationship as much as the intense and light-hearted love-stories that it had. There were numerous episodes which dealt with childbirth and abortion, AIDS, cancer, amputation and mastectomy and all have been splendid in their own way. The best part about the serial was that Doctors weren't projected as Gods...they were as human as anyone of us...just as great when times requires and just as fallible when they were weak!

If the creatives have taken a medical background to a love story, then it only makes sense, that they should put some more research into it and not take the audience for granted! How can the viewers take the characters of Ashutosh and Nidhi seriously if they are shown making near moronic decisions as Doctors in the show?

Edited by poppy2009 - 30 November 2011 at 1:54am

DeepShadowshamil

DeepShadow

Goldie

DeepShadow

Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Thanks for the comments --Sari--, shanti05, -renu- :D

Originally posted by poppy2009

This is by far one of the funniest and most sensible posts I have read in a long time on IF!LOL And I don't even watch this show on a regular basis! Excellent job!Clap

The only realistic medical drama shown on television till date has been a soap called Dhadkan, which aired a couple of years back, ironically on Sony Television itself! It had a fantastic ensemble cast of actors and every character was given his or her own screen time and a short story of their own! More importantly, the serial did not mock the medical profession and showed a great deal of what goes on in a hospital...focusing on the Doctor-Patient relationship as much as the intense and light-hearted love-stories that it had. There were numerous episodes which dealt with childbirth and abortion, AIDS, cancer, amputation and mastectomy and all have been splendid in their own way. The best part about the serial was that Doctors weren't projected as Gods...they were as human as anyone of us...just as great when times requires and just as fallible when they were weak!

If the creatives have taken a medical background to a love story, then it only makes sense, that they should put some more research into it and not take the audience for granted! How can the viewers take the characters of Ashutosh and Nidhi seriously if they are shown making near moronic decisions as Doctors in the show?

Tee hee...thanks for the appreciation. :) I thought people would advice me to refrain from looking for logic because that is apparently something that is never visible in Indian tv shows.

I haven't seen the show you are talking about but it sure sounds really good. Especially the bit in bold - I really felt that certain serious medical cases could be a good means of building the relationship between Nidhi and Ashutosh, but anyways, that seemingly won't happen now or anytime in the future. The only show I remember that had a fairly good portrayal of the life of a doctor was Astitva on Zee Tv, although it was not entirely based in a hospital setting, the way the lead character of Dr. Simran Mathur was presented and the struggles she faced as a doctor, as a human, as a woman were very well portrayed. It actually looked like the makers spent a fair bit of time researching on the profession.

With KTLK it seems the makers definitely didn't do their homework about the medical world. According to them, I guess, everything is fair in the name of TRPs. :(

poppy2009shamil

Kavya.S

IF-Dazzler

Kavya.S

Posted: 30 November 2011 at 3:10am | IP Logged
ROFL brilliant ur post is amazing...
and thanks for the pics

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DeepShadow

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.