Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

neelam8

Groupbie

neelam8

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 2:25pm | IP Logged

LOL BHOOTNI BRIGADE??? THANKS! lol...

anyway...here's what i promised...

"Ma'am, you've seen red, orange, yellow, blue, everything. Yet still you haven't made up your mind about anything," the salesman was saying, obviously irritated. "I guess you're one of those picky people."

Biting her tongue from saying something rude, Aditi smiled as sweetly as she could and said, "Sir, can you show what else you have?"

"Sure," the salesman, said getting up. Under his breath he muttered, "Hopefully you'll stop wasting my time after this."

A bit angry, Saanjh stood up and said, "Aditi, let's go. I'll just wear one of my old suits."

"Um, you took them back home, remember?" Aditi pointed out.

"Oh, I forgot about that." Sighing, Saanjh shrugged. "Let's just go anyway. Tarush can't shoot me for not wearing ethnic clothing." Just as Saanjh and Aditi were leaving the store, a bulky man walked in and yelled, "Hey Rohit! I was just passing by and I thought I might as well show the new samples of suits these days!"

"Oh, wow. Thanks Prem," the salesman said happily. "What's new these days?"

Taking out a creme-colored chudidaar with sequins and crystal-work, Prem laughed and said, "It's the newest thing. Elegant but fancy. Casual yet—"

"Oh my God!" Running up to Prem, Saanjh shrieked. "Oh my God. That is so beautiful! I have never seen anything as beautiful as this." Lowering her voice into a desiring whisper, she continued. "I will pay anything for this. It's perfect. It just needs to be altered a bit here and there and it will fit me perfectly. Perfect." Staring into Prem's eyes, Saanjh asked, "Can I please buy it?"

Slightly baffled at this sight, Prem shrugged awkwardly. "Um miss. I don't think I can give it away like that."

"Please?" Saanjh begged. She hated begging, but for the beauty in Prem's hands, she would do anything.

Feeling some pity, Prem shrugged. "It's expensive."

"How expensive?" Aditi asked, walking up to Prem also.

"Pretty expensive."

"Oh believe me, we'll pay," Aditi said rolling her eyes. "We have gone to approximately ten stores and found nothing of her choice. She has finally found something she likes and so believe me, we will pay."

"Will you pay 5,500 rupees?"

"Um ok, my mother will pay that," Aditi said, scrunching up her nose.

"5,500 rupees? So much?" Saanjh asked in disbelief.

"Miss, it's the latest thing. Not even out in stores yet. It would be much, much more in other places. High-fi places would actually ask for 15,000 rupees. 5,500 is still a pretty fair deal. And I am not saying that because I want to sell this stuff. I am being honest. It's pure georgette and everything."

"I only brought 4,000 rupees for a nice outfit," Saanjh said looking down at her shoes.

"I have 1,000 extra rupees," Aditi said with a shrug. "But I don't have another 500."

"We'll pay you 5,000. Is that enough?" Saanjh pleaded.

"Why do you two look so disappointed?" Prem asked himself. Shaking his head, he laughed. "Ah, what the hell. 5,000 it is."

"Thank you so much!" Aditi said jumping. Saanjh was speechless and just stared at the creme material in front of her face.

"Finally," the salesman, Rohit, said from the back with a smirk. "You were saying you need alterations right?"

"Oh, yea," Saanjh said, smacking her forehead. "Great."

"Don't worry. You finally liked something. I'll do it for free," Rohit said with a smile. "Come on. Let's get you fitted," he said beckoning towards a sewing machine.

Walking towards the back, Saanjh smiled at Rohit and Prem. "You guys have no idea how sweet you are."

"I think it's the first time in business someone has said that to me," Prem said with a smile. "I should do these favors more often."

Edited by neelam8 - 18 March 2005 at 2:25pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "part 27 of Saanjh" in Miscellaneous forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
i was just kidding neelam!!!ok i loved the story!!!if i send the bhootni brigade after u how will i ever come to know the rest of the story????anyway i love it....thanx

bubbles

bubbles

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
hope ur next one is on sat, i looking forward to a nice loooonnnnggg piece, for the festival, i'm getting excited- hope its worth the wait (i have high expectations neelamSmile)

koolgirl88

Goldie

koolgirl88

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
o.. cool.. lol i dunno wht 2 say.. i dont wanna put pressure but the festival shud be good.. lol..

Nisha82

Nisha82

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
i cant wait to read about the festival....neelam make it fast yaar...all of us are waiting...i hope its a longer than this... 

Edited by Nisha82 - 19 March 2005 at 8:44pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top