ummm thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Not sure if anyone has brought this topic up before (there has been a swarm of topics recently)😊..

What's up with Jassi's low cut dresses? She has gone from being "overly modest" in her dressing to "noticeably progressive" within no time! At her home, her mom is always dressed in full sleeve dresses and bebe even has her head covered, but looking at Jassi's new wardrobe, I am wondering... has she left the Walia house for good?? πŸ˜•

Edited by lakshmi_maruthi - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jprasad thumbnail

i dunno...i thought her sari was kinda nice and it looked beautiful on her and that is the nicest thing she has worn. I actually don't like those big ole shirts that she has been wearing...I would have thought her clothing would have been more...hmmm...fitting...simple...I didn't even like mallika's outfit yesterday.

I don't think those blouses are very flattering.  Mallika and Jassi look like colorful birds... Jassi doesn't need to go back on the plane...why did she even waste money for her tix... she can just fly back wearing one of those shirts.  πŸ˜‰

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

my thoughts exactly ummm.In fact for a girl who always sported high neck all her life,showing a little cleavege doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. I would think a natural response from such a conservative, reluctant and a shy girl wud be to wrap the saree around Jaya Bhaduri style !!!!πŸ˜•

Even Mallika,with all her sexy and trendy outfits,has never sported low necks !!

These desighners are such a far cry from the middle class Indian outlook.πŸ˜•

poison ivy thumbnail

i don't think there's any harm in showing a little cleavege!! i mean, its supposed to be a make over right!!

so i guess.. its jus like a PROPAH makeover! all this would come under that

fingirl thumbnail
i agree with you poison ivy..its TV after all so they its more fantasy than reality as usual
pj04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

my thoughts exactly ummm.In fact for a girl who always sported high neck all her life,

showing a little cleavege doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. I would think a natural response

from such a conservative,reluctant and a shy girl wud be to wrap the saree around Jaya Bhaduri style !!!!πŸ˜•

Even Mallika,with all her sexy and trendy outfits,has never sported low necks !!

These desighners are such a far cry from the middle class Indian outlook.πŸ˜•

actually this issue has been brought up several times since yesterday. personally i think that

the cast of jjkn is worst dressed amongst all tv shows. ekta shows, td and astitva have set

new standards for dress styles. these guys cannot even get them simple proper dresses.

mallika and ila seem to be best dressed among the lot(could be thier way of carrying them or thier personal tastes).

let us take a look at all the characters

1)purab.......samir soni has been/is a model so there can  be no doubt he fills out his cloths real well,

but he has a wardrobe full of the most dowdy and illfitting cloths. sometimes the trousers seem too short ,

some times his shirts seem completely skin tight/faded , his ties are the worst part of his wardrobe.

i can't imagine a guy in his position to end up with these clothes.after all he must be shopping abroad....etc

2)armaan......he is very thin and boss in a fashion house, his suits need a little padding on shoulders 

and a look in suits that is a blend of modernism and coservatism. he ends up with funny

colored suits which seem to hang on his body.

3)meenaxi.....this was worst of all . i have yet to see a ceo of a multinational end up in a

meeting with sequined casuals in gaudy colors(dark blue, majenta, rusty orange.....etc, etc).

most women wear formals to meetings( a formal cotton/silk sari or a business suit in light colors).

she seemed more ready for hitting a club than working at office)

4)jassi.......sunny yellow is definately not the best color for her,her blouse looks mismatched and

the cleavage showing neckline is shocking . there are very few accesories on her.she looks good

but could have looked a lot better with little changes in colors and styles

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Very good analysis pj04 πŸ‘

BAng on target. JJKN cast is really the worst dressed on tv. I hate Armaan's flowery shirts and Purab's ties.

And now that U mention,u r right about his trousers.

Meenakshi was hillariousπŸ˜†.

ummm thumbnail

I actually like Armaan's shirts and the colors of his suits 😳, although I agree the fitting isn't very good!

I liked Jassi's yellow sari too, but the way she had worn it and the almost backless blouse held me in awe! 😲 

No harm showing some skin since this is a makeover, but it does look a bit absurd if you come from

Jassi's kind of background and if the makeover is that drastic! Mallika and Pari dress in style 😎,

but their clothes are decent. I am hoping they drape Jassi in some cool yet decent career dresses

when she returns to Gulmohur!

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

very valid points Puja and I 100% agree with your analysis.

The dress sense is not as good as other TV shows. Ekta's serials are real bad...no question asked...

but her choice of dresses and names are always good.

Even astitva was good. They are not too fashionable but I think they are so simple

and would be a choice of any middle class family....

queenbee thumbnail

Pj04, you are bang on target with your comments... but can I add a line here and thereπŸ˜›

1) Purab has been a model, he DID fill out his clothes really well, I've seen some pics of earlier days and he look like he could carry off a good number of looks (Indian, Western, formals, whatever). These days, what's it with him!? He's really started lookin OLD (here are a couple of pics from the picture gallery to prove it) and withered and developing a paunch too, so that his clothes fit a bit TOO well.. gives me a lil uneasy, scratchy kind of feeling... like he's enclosed in a bori when he'd rather be wearing a t-shirt and jeans πŸ˜• and he really needs a gold facial and anti-aging creams and some VLCC tips on flattening out a beer belly and probably cosmetic surgery for his double-chin πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

2) I think Armaan's look has improved considerably since the early days.. his face used to be way too thin and he was terribly skinny. Now I think he's definitely filled out and his clothes hang well on him. I'd choose HIM as my model clotheshorse any day😳

3) MeenakshiπŸ˜† .. what can I say!? Maybe they wanted to bring out her vampish side (since they cudn't very well imprint "I'm a vamp" on her forehead, they did the next best thingπŸ˜‰)

4) Don't forget Jassi's makeover godmother is Queenie Dhody... and I can very well imagine those blouses and that cleavage being her style (check out some of her pics on the Net). I think it just rubbed off. Plus, they wanted to shock the viewers into seeing Jassi as alluring and with as much sex appeal as any of the contestants. So maybe some skin was necessary...😊