Kkusum
Kkusum

Manasi officially leaving Kkusum

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:15am | IP Logged

"'I am going out of 'Kkusum'"

More than a year after Nausheen Ali Sardar was replaced by Manasi Joshi Roy in Ekta Kapoor's Kkusum (Sony), is the show gearing up for another change in its protagonist? If what we hear is right, Sony's marketing team has taken this decision because they want to market this show very aggressively from here. Is it all over for Rohit Roy's wife in Kkusum? Is television so cruel and insecure? In a free-wheeling chat with Vickey Lalwani, Manasi spills the beans:

Shown the door? Mansi Joshi Roy in and as 'Kkusum'

Are you going out from 'Kkusum'?
Yes. I am going out from the show for some period of time.

Till when are you shooting for it?
I will be shooting till sometime in April. Presently, Ekta is in Malaysia with the Kasautii... unit. They'll figure out the exact dates as soon as she is back.

How long won't we see you on screen?
Yeah, you won't see me for some time. I have shot for this show for nearly a year. I have missed my baby, Kiara. I will not take up any work for some time again.

That doesn't answer my question, does it?
(Laughs). I don't know how long you won't see me on screen. Ekta has told me that she'll call me back at certain point of time. But I honestly don't know when.

When were you first informed about this?
Few days ago, but I was told not to talk about it.

You learnt about it just a few days ago?
Actually, I had heard some rumours for some time. But the official word came just a few days ago.

Do you agree with this game of musical chairs?
Ekta herself has said that she is scared of Miilee (Vinta Nanda's serial starring newcomer Mona Vasu on Star Plus), so she should do something to make her viewers as eager to watch Kkusum. In that case, she obviously has to do something very drastic with Kkusum's character only. Only then the buzz would be created.

How will you make an exit?
There will be an accident where my face will get disfigured. I won't die, but a new face will come in its place. A new actress will be roped in. This would be something very similar to the film Yeh Vaada Raha (Rishi Kapoor, Tina Munim, Poonam Dhillon)

Manasi will be eased out via an accident that disfigures her face, paving the way for a new artiste to step in

How will you come back?
That would be something like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. Remember the Sakshi Tanwar track?

But you just said that you don't die in the serial and you are very much the same except for your face.
In Kahaani..., the lady who had stepped into Parvati's shoes was an impostor. Now that's what Balaji Creatives will work it out. It will be a very interesting track, I believe.

Buzz is that this is a ploy to ease you out of the show and that you will not be a part of the serial after the accident...
I have been told that I shall be back.

God forbid but what if the production house (Balaji) and the channel (Sony) decide not to recall you?
Big deal! I know how television functions. It's all TRP driven.

You don't sound worried...
(Interrupts) Why should I be emotional about it? I am here to work. I never get emotional about my work. Plus I am an actor, not a producer. My job is to give inputs from my heart and soul. If things go against me but for the betterment of the show, I will take it in my stride. I am a very real and practical person. My career did not begin with Kkusum, nor will it end with Kkusum.

Did you get to hear that Ekta wanted Nausheen back as Kkusum?
Yes, I did get to hear that. But that's Ekta's domain. She is the producer of the show. She has every right to do whatever she feels, in terms of casting.

Do you know Nausheen?
I have interacted with her. We have bumped into each other recently at a couple of parties. Actually, I know her since the days she played Kkusum because I used to visit Rohit on the sets of Kkusum. We share a pretty good equation.

Shilpa Saklani has been approached to step into your shoes. Do you know Shilpa?
Yes, I know her. There are no bad vibes between us. Listen, Nausheen, Shilpa and I are mature enough to understand that these things happen in Indian television.
It's not the first time, is it?

PriyaS Goldie
PriyaS
PriyaS

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:27am | IP Logged

Thanks Jink

I was right!!  Her face gets disfigured in an accident and a new face appears. 

And Ekta thinks this storyline will attract more viewers??Confused

samir_soni Goldie
samir_soni
samir_soni

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:30am | IP Logged

Why should I be emotional about it? I am here to work. I never get emotional about my work. Plus I am an actor, not a producer. My job is to give inputs from my heart and soul. If things go against me but for the betterment of the show, I will take it in my stride. I am a very real and practical person. My career did not begin with Kkusum, nor will it end with Kkusum.

ClapVery well said. I liked her a lot in "saaya" and hope to see her soon in some 'realistic' show. Thanks for the article.

poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 4:35am | IP Logged
i think she is a bit upset bout something!! she seems annoyed while givin the interview
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 5:55am | IP Logged

PLEASE NO PLASTIC SURGERIES IT IS A COMMON MANTRA OF EKTA TO DRAG HER SERIALS

sesky Groupbie
sesky
sesky

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 5:56am | IP Logged
WTF?? Ekta has lost it completely. Why would she want to repeat the exact same storyline that she's already done in Kahani ghar ghar ki? Thats so stale and unoriginal.
Cool_girl_2145 Senior Member
Cool_girl_2145
Cool_girl_2145

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 6:52am | IP Logged
another bullshitDead.......why does Ekta need to follow the movie's story....can't she use her own ideas???AngryAngryAngry.....and she thinks this will attact more viewers.....Dead.....how dumb she can be......come on end this drama....AngryAngry
HugabbleJaan Senior Member
HugabbleJaan
HugabbleJaan

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 8:20am | IP Logged

Totally bogus stuff happening here.... Dead

Yeah! Mansi weren't able to fit in Kusum role. Finally, ppl are accepting her. Why bring someone else and ruin the serial all over again.

This twist I been hearing about face gets disfigure is old. If they really want to make it a twist copy some stuff from US Soaps. LOL What u guys think about the idea?

Go to top