alien_visitor thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Bechara Armaan is waiting to see his 'parichayi in Jassi's eyes" with her old photo while Jassi is walking the ramp...Armaan ab Jassi jaissi bahut ladkiyaan hai. Hamara Jassi badal gayi. Once again uniqueness is lost among privatisation and money machines.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loveneha_r thumbnail
that is so true! now she is like  a different  person...i dont like the new jassi these days!
Jyoti_2006 thumbnail

Originally posted by: loveneha_r

that is so true! now she is like  a different  person...i dont like the new jassi these days!

Same here I dont like her either...

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
but i like the new jassi 😃
alien_visitor thumbnail
Now it seems like all of us rooted for a wrong person, who was just fooling us about her good looks...and also poor Armaan. he hasnt a clue...Jassi how can you do this? fear of showing your true face, my foot...
queenbee thumbnail
Well... a few days ago there we were, teasing Jassi for her stubborn refusal to get the smallest thing changed about herself... "Just go to the parlor, Jassi, it's only a damn haircut!!" .. "what's she getting so hyper about?? just get it over with! it's annoying!" .. "she's so stubborn... what's the fuss all about anyway??"

and now she has, and we think we've lost 'our' Jassi in the melee of good-looking women... we're crucifying her for looking beautiful😕 ... Looks like the viewers were even more adamant that she keep her glasses and hair than Jassi was herself!!

Agreed, she has become one of the millions of women who use the products and buy into the dreams churned out with amazing frequency by the beauty industry. That makes her as much a slave to the money-spinning machines as we are. Wouldn't it be hypocritical to expect Jassi to live and look and be treated like something that crawled out from under the woodwork while we in our own lives, do make every effort to look presentable and feminine? Why do we want her to stand up for all the good qualities we think we have in ourselves as forward-thinking females, while denying her all the pleasures that looking attractive can bring? Isn't Jassi human with all her human needs and desires, or do we want to elevate her to sainthood!?!???

Isn't there a difference between 'having' good looks and 'using' those good looks to get ahead in life? Imho, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the first, while the second is a grey area. Jassi can look as dowdy or as glamorous as she pleases, but in her heart she is the same beautiful person. She is not one for excesses - of vanity, of greed, of any kind - we know that already. As far as I'm concerned, she is still one of a kind - whatever she looks like.

As for being enslaved to the money-spinning machines, all of us are that already... yes, even Jassi, before her makeover. The beauty industry is big because it plays on our insecurities and pampers our egos. What about the zillions of other products we use everyday? We're slaves to Intel, to Microsoft, to Coke, to Pepsi, to Bausch and Lomb, to Nokia, even to Bandaid... to every product ever invented for mass-consumption. I don't see many people raising a hue and cry over losing their individuality over THAT😕!!

The beauty industry is merely selling us dreams. We don't have to buy into them if we don't want to. Jassi resisted as long as she could, but now she's biting... let's just respect that and enjoy the show!!😊

jprasad thumbnail
uhhhhh....Queenbee....uhhhh...hmmmm....well....hmmmmm....umm mm..
dude...hmmmmm....I.......I tell ya!
kdokka thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I want the inside-Jassi to remain same, let he do whatever she wants with her appearance.