India-Forums

Other Shows
Other Shows

Aman in India TV dragnet

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

During the month of December 2004, one girl who called herself Ruchi started calling Aman Verma's number saying she was an aspiring actress from Delhi who intends coming to Mumbai and would need assistance from the actor.

According to the statement sent by Aman to the Commissioner of Police, the actor-cum-host told Ruchi (the same girl involved in Shakti Kapoor's sting operation) that he was busy and unable to meet her.

The girl continued calling and informed Aman that she was staying at JW Marriott, Juhu and persuaded him to meet her. On December 17, at around 4.30 pm, the girl came to meet Aman at his residence.

After a formal introduction, the girl suggested that they continue their conversation in the bedroom.

She enquired about the functioning of the film industry and Verma informed her that, "few succeed through wrong ways but still success comes unassured in this industry. Whereas few make it work through right ways."

Ruchi enquired about Balaji Telefilms and its operations. She requested Aman to recommend her name to Balaji in a very suggestive and seductive manner.

The actor told her that he could assure her no such thing. The girl kept enquiring as to what she should do to succeed quickly and asked what the prerequisites are.

Aman insists that there was no physical contact between them. After a 20-minute conversation with Ruchi, the actor opened the main door to see her off and was shocked to see Suhaib Ilyasi, along with a cameraman.

"They shot our clients action and further threatened that his clipping would be telecast on India TV," says the statement.

For the last three months, Aman has reportedly been receiving calls from, "said persons, (from India TV) requesting favours which has resulted in constant mental torture."

According to Aman's lawyer, "it is clear that the above episode was shot with a view to blackmail and extort money from our client.

In view of the recent negative publicity of actor Shakti Kapoor, our client apprehends that a similar telecast of his meeting with Ruchi would be aired with Aman as well."

India TV's version

Rajat Sharma

I don't want to talk about this. I will only talk after verifying the evidence we have.

Suhaib Ilyasi

Aman Verma is just one of the many people we have caught on tape. I don't want to talk about it at this point, but when the time comes we will speak in detail about all of them.

Anyways there's lot written and going on around the first operation we did, so I would like to reserve my comments as of now.

Rikku in the dock too

Secretary-turned-producer Rakesh Nath feels he too may be a victim of the sting operation. 

"There was this one particular girl who kept calling me, asking me to meet her. Then Pehlajji intervened and spoke to the girl. However, when we went to meet her to figure out who she was, she went missing. I am completely confused.

There could be a tape on me as well; we meet hundreds of newcomers every day. Ilyasi is a cheat and the entire industry knows that. All of us are waiting for him to air those fake tapes."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top