Joined: 10 February 2005
Joined: 27 October 2004
Joined: 02 September 2004
1)what is so special about blf?
actually not much....it is a story that celebrates the miracles and joys of love much like million other stories of romance genre. it shows love making two hopeless people , better humans when they come together against all odds.however it touches most people(especially females) who are addicted with the idea of love, perfect soulmate and taming a beast(in this case a playboy).however the success of romance oriented movies(ddlj, veer-zaara, devdas,qsqt, mpk) should tell you that this is the most popular and easiest genre in the literary and visual arts world. incidentaly venus and aphrodite were very popular goodesses in ancient greek world while isis (almost equivalent of them )was celebrated in egyptian world. in indian mythology radha (who embodies love ) is given godly status(for mythologically impaired...radha was krishna's aunt, after she fell in love with her nephew, she left her husband and spend her life devoted to krishna by serving his adopted mother yashoda. she never saw krishna again and krishna is said to be entering manhood at the time so i assume he was around 17/18 at the time, also thier love remained unconsummated)
2) why is purab critisised?
he reminds us of real world and it shocks us out of the dreamworld jjkn spins for us. naturally we don't like the intrusion. also he makes armaan look really really bad(not flawed more like evil).
3) end was critisized in columbian tv
that is very true but this is about the author's vision. most people find tv and movie a media for escapism....if you are looking for truth , tv show is the last place to look for it. let us compare the show with real life
1)what are the odds that someone like purab would fall for jassi?
2) what are the odds that a secretary ends up owning a huge company , thanks to her boss's stupidity?
3) what are the odds that famous/very busy people bend backwards to accomodate someone like jassi and turn her into something of a beauty queen
4) what are the odds that someone like purab would stick around inspite of huge helpings of insult and rejection as dished out by jassi
5) what are the odds that a rich , obnoxious, playboy realises his folly and falls in love with his ugly secretary and chooses her over the business and his very accomplished and advantageous fiancee like armaan is doing
6) what are the odds that his parents take that down smoothly(class system and snobbery are very much truths)
7) what are the odds that a girls parents treat purab and his jilting thier daughter like jassi's did and support jassi when she is busy ignoring her fiance(purab)
8) what are the odds that you go from being a secretary to a playboy to being the owner of the company and none of your friends ever get jealous or competitive, there are no innuendoes and the shareholders and other directors remain blissfully ignorant
9)what are the odds that the story ends like fairytale and the lovers don't pay a price like in blf?
4)jassi makes a bad and stupid choice
no one can actually argue the truth of this statement in context of real world , however in gaiton's world this is very arguables as is intimated by a perfect ending with the leads happy(so what if others bear the price of thier follies or are sad/hurt)
Joined: 07 May 2004
Joined: 19 August 2004
Joined: 14 September 2004
Awesome Puja. This is reel story and in the real life the story is very different.
Joined: 18 November 2004
Joined: 01 October 2004
Author: huneymonsta Replies: 8 Views: 839
|huneymonsta||8||839||19 July 2007 at 7:52pm by huneymonsta|
Whats Ur New Years New Resolution
Author: boparaisonia Replies: 2 Views: 379
|boparaisonia||2||379||30 December 2006 at 8:28pm by boparaisonia|
Whats special abt 1st December?
Author: Ambrosia Replies: 16 Views: 1087
|Ambrosia||16||1087||01 December 2006 at 3:21pm by tiki5434|
whats going on
Author: ayesha_atta Replies: 6 Views: 431
|ayesha_atta||6||431||28 September 2006 at 9:35am by Hansa-Tapori|
Whats going on ???
Author: SarahMth Replies: 2 Views: 377
|SarahMth||2||377||07 August 2006 at 10:46am by momogrl21|
The lady is giving out strong Bohemian vibes!
A festive-worthy trend to rock this season
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :