Kkusum

Kshitij (Amit Sarin) to act in films

HugabbleJaan Senior Member
HugabbleJaan
HugabbleJaan

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

Ready to hit the big screen:
Amit Sarin

He stars in two of the biggest soaps on television — Kkusum (Sony) and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (Star Plus).

Amit Sarin, who plays Sahil in Kyunki… and Kshitij in Kkusum, has already made an impact with his histrionic skills on the small screen. Now, he's all set to do so on the big screen as well.

The actor has been offered a plum role in an Indo-US joint venture titled Windows.

Sounding cautious about the project, Sarin says, "It is true that I have been offered the film, but the modalities of the project have yet to be worked out. I will sign on the dotted line once I get the full script.

From what I have heard, the project sounds exciting and will be shot partly here and partly in the US."

Sarin, who has previously done an item number in Pankuj Parashar's Inteqaam, says that he has enjoyed his big screen experience. "I always admired Pankuj Parashar as a technician and learnt a lot from him.

Also, Ishaa Kopikkar had become hot property after Khallas and Ishq Samundar, so they wanted someone who could match her steps in the film," says Sarin.

Was he ready to deal with the possibility of box office failure and the prospect of returning to the small screen defeated? "It has always been quality and not quantity that works for me. I am waiting for characters that excite me and challenge me as an actor. Something like Bhiku Mhatre in Satya, where one can completely absorb himself in the role he is doing."

Would he accept a film like Lips — a sex thriller starring his Kkusum co-star Anuj Saxena? He promptly replies, "There's no way I would do a film like Lips, and I am very clear about it."

Sarin doesn't care much for the off screen drama happening on the sets of Kkusum, with the prospect of Kkusum (Mansi Joshi Roy) being replaced with a newer face.

"Everyone in the industry knows these things keep happening. There's nothing one can do about it, except concentrate on your work and move ahead. I don't think it would make much difference to me," he says.

Probably taking a leaf out of his Kkusum co-stars' book, the actor has had a complete make over. "I have changed my look, started growing my hair and started keeping a stubble. I think it works for me."

News Courtesy Of www.mid-day.com

ejaz fan 609 Senior Member
ejaz fan 609
ejaz fan 609

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article!!Smile
smilingstar3 IF-Dazzler
smilingstar3
smilingstar3

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
omg that's awesome! thanx!!
DesiGurl Groupbie
DesiGurl
DesiGurl

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
thank u so much!!!Smile
mikagurl23 IF-Dazzler
mikagurl23
mikagurl23

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 da article
jazsain917 Newbie
jazsain917
jazsain917

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 10:08am | IP Logged
kshitz is cute no doubt.........
TiN24 Goldie
TiN24
TiN24

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 12:08pm | IP Logged

"Would he accept a film like Lips — a sex thriller starring his Kkusum co-star Anuj Saxena? He promptly replies, "There's no way I would do a film like Lips, and I am very clear about it."

What a gentlemen!!!Embarrassed

fingirl Senior Member
fingirl
fingirl

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TiN24

"Would he accept a film like Lips — a sex thriller starring his Kkusum co-star Anuj Saxena? He promptly replies, "There's no way I would do a film like Lips, and I am very clear about it."

What a gentlemen!!!Embarrassed

Agree wit u..total gentleman

Go to top