Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Urrrgh this is sick!! Jassi to model! (Page 4)

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

I don't find anything wrong if Jassi becomes a model.Why not? She used her brains and got to where she is now.Now she can showcase her beauty too. And U'll be surprised to know how clever and intelligent some models can actually be.

However,my problem is Purab.Why does he always have to decide things for her?

He decides he is going to marry her and make her forget Armaan.

He then decides she is not ready for it.

He decides he wants to serve a certain contract to Jassi on a platter.

He decides that Jassi is not happy with the marriage becuz she loved Armaan ( which he decided,Jassi had never told him) and he wud make a mahan sacrifice

He decides he wud leave Jassi leaving her and her family in a lurch to answer every1's awkward question.

He decides she should become a model.

And decides she wud not mind if he announces in front of the whole world and it's tv without once thinking whether she wud like it or not.

He decides to give her a surprise and decides she is going to love it and start jumping in joy.

He is not used to seeing his decisions not taken in the wrong spirit,perhaps that's a perk which comes wrappped with 400 crores and a private jet,so obviously,he is shocked.

No offense Purab fans,but he proffesses to know Jassi so well,and  this is the umpteenth time he has rubbed her the wrong way. He,above anyone else should know that if there was one thing Jassi never liked  that was not letting anyone take her decision for her.   

It's downright disgusting. Maybe I'm a bit of a feminist and hate it when sum1 tells me what to do with myself. If it was sum1 like Armaan,I cud have understood becuz he was a total jerk but with guys like Purab,expectations run high  and if running sum1's life is his idea of love,then it's no wonder he still in search for a life partner.

Sometimes it makes me feel probably that is one more reason he fell in love with Jassi. This was one grl who wud let him run her life and control her.Or so it seemed.

This is just my opinion and I also want to make it clear what Armaan did to Jassi was really brutal and he is being punished rightfully.And this is not to compare him to Armaan. If this was sumthing Armaan did,I wud be equally furious. Armaan or Purab,does not matter.Anyone who tries to control sum1 else and starts making important decisions without so much as by ur permission is a jerk. 

Besides,I wonder what kind of jerk Jassi is turning into. Armaan played with her emotions and the moment she came to know it,she ruined him,personally,professionally and everyother way. To think of it,it was sumthing just between him and her and her family did not have any idea. Purab played with her expectations,with her entire family's expectations, made her and her family a subject of redicule for the whole world,leaving her already fragile ego vulnerable to even more brutal attacks in the name of making a sacrifice becuz she loved a guy  who he knew was manipulative and selfish and with whom even a blind man cud tell she had no future with.  Yet she chooses to ignore all of it,and go hand in hand with him as if none of it ever happened and even accepts his gift while she is not even ready to accept even a phonecall from Armaan?

Or is it sumthing typical of love? Hurt by the person you love and the feeling of retaliation overshadows everything else??

Minnie, that was SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clap!!! Agree with every word. There's no disputing that some models can be really clever and intelligent. And why shouldn't they? Intelligence is not the prerogative of a chosen few. But I simply cannot understand how modelling as a profession can allow you to use that intelligence. Maybe my knowledge of modeling is limited.... but I fail to understand how modelling as a profession NEEDS  and hones intelligenceConfusedConfused??

Piscean IF-Rockerz
Piscean
Piscean

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 6:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ides

Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

ok first of all I do not agree that this is sick by any means.. I say why not.. Jassi has turned a new leaf.. why not a new profession.. and who says super models don't need brains.. also modelling is not completely about beauty now.. it has many facets to it..

very rightly said Laks.....Jassi is confident abt her brains, now its time to make her confident abt her looks too.....

I completely agree with both of you! I think Purab's gesture was just to show Jassi how her new look is going to be accepted by the general public. I don't think he was trying to hurt her in any way.....he was just trying to show her that she is no less than any other model! To him Jassi epitomises the essence of a woman and that's just his opinion with or without the change! Smile Besides wasn't that obvious from the beginning when the very first time Nandini and Purab spoke and she said that he would definitely find the face that he's looking for in the contest. So why is everyone reacting this way when he finally said it.....I think he would've done this even if Jassi didn't change! But since she's changed everyone thinks it's wrong.....I don't doubt Purab's actions at all!Approve I think anything done to boost the confidence of the one you love is perfectly acceptable!Clap

As far as Jassi is concerned....she never ruined Armaan....he was the cause of his own destruction! She did everything she had to and left peacefully. You can't expect her to pick up after Armaan all the time. He has to face the consequences for once in his life! He's always had Jassi to help him out....now it's his turn to face the music! Ouch

I do agree that the serial has become shallow however!Confused Coz with the new look the message that's being sent out is that you have to look good to make it in this world. Although I'm a strong believer of being presentable I don't believe that looks are everything! They have undermined the effect of intelligence and concentrated on the good looks part....and no matter how much they try to justify it by saying that they are just trying to bring out the natural beauty it's just not really digestable. I think that maybe they could tone down on the revealing clothes, that could probably make the entire look more believable but I guess in today's world body show is a part and parcel of being beautiful Disapprove 

Anyways, I still think after everything said that Jassi is going to end up with Armaan (unfortunately.....not coz I think Purab is better looking but I think Purab's intentions are far more noble than Armaan's) since that's how the audience would like it to be. Anyways I guess it's only a matter of a few more weeks and we'll all find out right?

-PisceanSmile

Paheli Senior Member
Paheli
Paheli

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 6:44am | IP Logged

I agree 100% with Minnie!!! That was great.

Purab has not learnt how to love Jassi (not that Armaan knows). He wants to protect Jassi and make her successful (with his own idea of success) in his own way. Too bad!

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 9:34am | IP Logged

You have a point Queenbee.What I meant was I wud not mind anyone becoming a model if that is their personal choice.Everyone has different priorities in life.Mona Singh,though an MBA from a reputed institute in Mumbai,is herself a model in real life. Aditi Govitrikar is a doctor and yet chose to become a model and became one of India's top one. But that was her own concious decision.

Originally posted by Piscean

Originally posted by ides

Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

ok first of all I do not agree that this is sick by any means.. I say why not.. Jassi has turned a new leaf.. why not a new profession.. and who says super models don't need brains.. also modelling is not completely about beauty now.. it has many facets to it..

very rightly said Laks.....Jassi is confident abt her brains, now its time to make her confident abt her looks too.....

I completely agree with both of you! I think Purab's gesture was just to show Jassi how her new look is going to be accepted by the general public. I don't think he was trying to hurt her in any way.....he was just trying to show her that she is no less than any other model! To him Jassi epitomises the essence of a woman and that's just his opinion with or without the change! Smile Besides wasn't that obvious from the beginning when the very first time Nandini and Purab spoke and she said that he would definitely find the face that he's looking for in the contest. So why is everyone reacting this way when he finally said it.....I think he would've done this even if Jassi didn't change! But since she's changed everyone thinks it's wrong.....I don't doubt Purab's actions at all!Approve I think anything done to boost the confidence of the one you love is perfectly acceptable!Clap

-PisceanSmile

WELCOME ABOARD,Picean. I hope you enjoy with us for a long time and by the look of your posts,I think I am really going to like arguing with youBig smile

Here I am going to disagree with you.But it's just an opinion and I hope I don't hurt youSmile But I can't help pointing out how can sum1 think making sum1 a model is an epitome of toast to celebrate one's beauty? That too when he knows the kind of girl she is? Also as smita rightly pointed out , there must be 100 other poor girls who slogged to get sumwhere in that thankless cutthroat world of modelling and Purab decides to give an already established brilliant girl who already proved she didn't like sugar daddies a chance over those expectant 100s?? Because he cud not think anyone else?? Because his heart and mind has been taken over by her so called beauty!!! Give me a break !! Why the hell Purab always thinks she needs his 'help'?? 

By that measure Shilpa shud have been playing Jassi,Deeya Singh too qualified and SRK's and Suneil Shetty's every movie should have had Gauri and Manna as their heroines respectivelyDead

As far as Jassi is concerned....she never ruined Armaan....he was the cause of his own destruction! She did everything she had to and left peacefully. You can't expect her to pick up after Armaan all the time. He has to face the consequences for once in his life! He's always had Jassi to help him out....now it's his turn to face the music! Ouch

No one disputes that. But this is not about Armaan. It's about Jassi.The way she went out of her way to 'help' Armaan face the music, it wud seem she wud at least be angry with Purab for what he did,not wear his sarees and go around comfily for sightseeing,laughing and smiling gaily. I though she loved her parents.If sum1,no matter how much of a friend he was to me,did sumthing to bring disgrace to my family,in the name of sacrifice (BTW Jassi does not know it was a sacrifice,which makes it all the more weird),I wud not let that person set foot anywhere near myself.

Edited by Minnie - 18 March 2005 at 9:39am
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

WELCOME ABOARD,Picean. I hope you enjoy with us for a long time and by the look of your posts,I think I am really going to like arguing with youBig smile

Here I am going to disagree with you.But it's just an opinion and I hope I don't hurt youSmile But I can't help pointing out how can sum1 think making sum1 a model is an epitome of toast to celebrate one's beauty? That too when he knows the kind of girl she is? Also as smita rightly pointed out , there must be 100 other poor girls who slogged to get sumwhere in that thankless cutthroat world of modelling and Purab decides to give an already established brilliant girl who already proved she didn't like sugar daddies a chance over those expectant 100s?? Because he cud not think anyone else?? Because his heart and mind has been taken over by her so called beauty!!! Give me a break !! Why the hell Purab always thinks she needs his 'help'?? 

By that measure Shilpa shud have been playing Jassi,Deeya Singh too qualified and SRK's and Suneil Shetty's every movie should have had Gauri and Manna as their heroines respectivelyDead

No one disputes that. But this is not about Armaan. It's about Jassi.The way she went out of her way to 'help' Armaan face the music, it wud seem she wud at least be angry with Purab for what he did,not wear his sarees and go around comfily for sightseeing,laughing and smiling gaily. I though she loved her parents.If sum1,no matter how much of a friend he was to me,did sumthing to bring disgrace to my family,in the name of sacrifice (BTW Jassi does not know it was a sacrifice,which makes it all the more weird),I wud not let that person set foot anywhere near myself.

Minnie...wonderfully said. But I agree with few points and disagree with few in my point of view.

Purab decides to give an already established brilliant girl who already proved she didn't like sugar daddies a chance over those expectant 100s?? Because he cud not think anyone else?? Because his heart and mind has been taken over by her so called beauty!!! Give me a break !! Why the hell Purab always thinks she needs his 'help'??

I agree with the first part where you said he cannot think of anyone else and I don't think he ever got attracted to any other model that he could think could be a good launch for his product.

Nandini also said he always choose one fresh face to give this opportunity. It just happens to be Jassi for him clear cut because he knows Jassi personally and he knows what she is and what she is capable of. He now is seeing a new jassi who not only has intellegence but also beauty which she never recognized.

I don't think Purab is trying to help Jassi. I seriously think he is doing that from his heart because he cannot see any other girl who has undergone such a transformation. So what if she is not one of the contestants but for him she is still a new face that he can launch.

I agree with you 100%. If someone disgraced my family...then that would be last straw to break my patience...I also agree and was surprised that jassi took his present and wore that...Embarrassed

But what I also see is that when Purab said "Tum ab bhi Armaan ko chahthi ho....and may be Tab bhi"...inspite of all that Armaan did...that is what purab meant when he said that..I think any girl can sense, what mistake she had done then. She walked out of his party with Armaan leaving purab with thoughts that she cared more for him. She should have faced that meenakshiAngry who ruined all the peace....and since we know that T & D created a major bloopers with this one...we will ignore that fact and say she accepted the gift because they tend to become friends again and she took the gift.

But still I am amazed..Jassi is so khudgarz that she would not like to accept gifts from anyone...but she accepts this one...I guess only Jassi can answer this...

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
What is going on here? Confused 

Kya hua, arre yeh kya hua? Sardhi, khasi, na maleria hua, Sardhi, khasi, na maleria hua, armaania hua, jassi walia hua, armaania hua, jassi walia hua Clown
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Once again, minnie, agree 200% with your point of view. Just like to add something here:

1. Like jprasad said, she hates being put on the spot. Why does Purab keep doing that to Jassi? Last time, he put her on the spot when he asked her to dance with him at the Diwali bash. This time, he literally trained the spotlight on her. Why, oh why cudn't he have spoken to her about it in person, in private, before all the hullabaloo started?? Was it becos he knew she wud say "no" but if the public gaze was on her, she wud have to say "yes"? Imho, that's just so overbearing. Why does he always want to deny her the right to make her own informed decisions!?!?

2. Jassi has been an academic achiever all her life. Her brains have always been her best friend. She got where she did in Gulmohur doing what she does best - using her brains. Her intelligence is not limited to being brainy, she has a tremendous EQ as well. Wouldn't a girl like that stop to think how modelling would fit in with her life goals? Would someone like Jassi ever be happy living from assignment to assignment in a career where her shelf-life would be extremely limited, future uncertain and the use of her intelligence  limited to grooming her physical appearance 24/7!?! The media and the public at large are quite capable of promoting and admiring her as the beautiful CEO or whatever of a company. She dosn't HAVE to make a career out of something as superficial and transient as good looks. It just dosn't make any senseConfused

3. Purab's motivations for choosing Jassi among a bevy of beautiful women are driven as much by personal as professional self-interest. We have even more reason to believe that since the day he vowed never to leave Jassi again. Has he even stopped to consider if that is what SHE would want?? Nah.. this is a man who's not used to hearing "no"... he sadly believes that lightning dosn't strike the same place twice. How incredibly ARROGANT!!!Dead Or does he think he'd find it easier to manipulate her since she's heart-broken, jobless and searching for a new direction in her life??!
bas02 Goldie
bas02
bas02

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 3:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jprasad

What is going on here? Confused 

Kya hua, arre yeh kya hua? Sardhi, khasi, na maleria hua, Sardhi, khasi, na maleria hua, armaania hua, jassi walia hua, armaania hua, jassi walia hua Clown

LOLLOLjp that cracked me up yaar!!LOLLOL

Go to top