Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Urrrgh this is sick!! Jassi to model! (Page 3)

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

ok first of all I do not agree that this is sick by any means.. I say why not.. Jassi has turned a new leaf.. why not a new profession.. and who says super models don't need brains.. also modelling is not completely about beauty now.. it has many facets to it..

very rightly said Laks.....Jassi is confident abt her brains, now its time to make her confident abt her looks too.....

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ides

Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

ok first of all I do not agree that
this is sick
by any means.. I say why not.. Jassi has turned a new leaf.. why not a
new profession.. and who says super models don't need brains.. also
modelling is not completely about beauty now.. it has many facets to
it..

very rightly said Laks.....Jassi is confident abt her brains, now its time to
make her confident abt her looks too.....

das god damned right! Now go home Jassi and show Armaan!
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruma30

ok first of all I do not agree that this is sick by any means.. I say why not.. Jassi has turned a new leaf.. why not a new profession.. and who says super models don't need brains.. also modelling is not completely about beauty now.. it has many facets to it..

I agree with you too. We already know she has brain, and now we have seen her beauty. She should become a model so all those who thought of her as ugly duckling will see how wrong they were.Smile

agree with you completely laks and rumi.....

as for purab putting her in spot...while it might be uncomfortable she could have waited to discuss the thing more privately ....it is not as if there was a gun pointed at her head to start the shoot immedietly. many-a-times people back down from contracts or such announcements due to personal reasons. purab probably was thinking that he was giving her a break and chance to built up her confidence.

however my problem with the show is that they seem to keep emphasizing that looks are very important/if you are goodlooking that is enough....it is not something that should be brought up again and again because it adds a very shallow dimension to the show.

kdokka Senior Member
kdokka
kdokka

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Is the final message that : you are beautiful if you are model , otherwise not. Why does Jassi need to be model, did she ever want to be a model. She still does not want to be a model, is it just that since others are convinced she should follow what they think is best for her.
Why is Purab deciding for her,  should she not decide herself.  It would have been justifiable if Jassi herself wanted to be a model, not because Purab is saying so.
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kdokka

Is the final message that : you are beautiful if you are model , otherwise not. Why does Jassi need to be model, did she ever want to be a model. She still does not want to be a model, is it just that since others are convinced she should follow what they think is best for her.
Why is Purab deciding for her,  should she not decide herself.  It would have been justifiable if Jassi herself wanted to be a model, not because Purab is saying so.

I COMPLETELY agree!!! ClapClapClap You said it all.
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 2:33am | IP Logged

I don't find anything wrong if Jassi becomes a model.Why not? She used her brains and got to where she is now.Now she can showcase her beauty too. And U'll be surprised to know how clever and intelligent some models can actually be.

However,my problem is Purab.Why does he always have to decide things for her?

He decides he is going to marry her and make her forget Armaan.

He then decides she is not ready for it.

He decides he wants to serve a certain contract to Jassi on a platter.

He decides that Jassi is not happy with the marriage becuz she loved Armaan ( which he decided,Jassi had never told him) and he wud make a mahan sacrifice

He decides he wud leave Jassi leaving her and her family in a lurch to answer every1's awkward question.

He decides she should become a model.

And decides she wud not mind if he announces in front of the whole world and it's tv without once thinking whether she wud like it or not.

He decides to give her a surprise and decides she is going to love it and start jumping in joy.

He is not used to seeing his decisions  taken in the 'wrong spirit', perhaps that's a perk which comes wrappped with 400 crores and a private jet,so obviously,he is shocked.

No offense Purab fans,but he proffesses to know Jassi so well,and  this is the umpteenth time he has rubbed her the wrong way. He,above anyone else should know that if there was one thing Jassi never liked  that was not letting anyone take her decision for her.   

It's downright disgusting. Maybe I'm a bit of a feminist and hate it when sum1 tells me what to do with myself. If it was sum1 like Armaan,I cud have understood becuz he was a total jerk but with guys like Purab,expectations run high  and if running sum1's life is his idea of love,then it's no wonder he still in search for a life partner.

Sometimes it makes me feel probably that is one more reason he fell in love with Jassi. This was one grl who wud let him run her life and control her.Or so it seemed.

This is just my opinion and I also want to make it clear what Armaan did to Jassi was really brutal and he is being punished rightfully.And this is not to compare him to Armaan. If this was sumthing Armaan did,I wud be equally furious. Armaan or Purab,does not matter.Anyone who tries to control sum1 else and starts making important decisions without so much as by ur permission is a jerk. 

Besides,I wonder what kind of jerk Jassi is turning into. Armaan played with her emotions and the moment she came to know it,she ruined him,personally,professionally and everyother way. To think of it,it was sumthing just between him and her and her family did not have any idea. Purab played with her expectations,with her entire family's expectations, made her and her family a subject of redicule for the whole world,leaving her already fragile ego vulnerable to even more brutal attacks in the name of making a sacrifice becuz she loved a guy  who he knew was manipulative and selfish and with whom even a blind man cud tell she had no future with.  Yet she chooses to ignore all of it,and go hand in hand with him as if none of it ever happened and even accepts his gift while she is not even ready to accept even a phonecall from Armaan?

Or is it sumthing typical of love? Hurt by the person you love and the feeling of retaliation overshadows everything else??

Edited by Minnie - 18 March 2005 at 9:02am
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 4:43am | IP Logged
they r trying to remove her brain
smita24 Goldie
smita24
smita24

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Well whatever Jassi has turned a BTM (bahenji turned Model) but height of unprofessionalism from Purab's side. What about those who worked so hard for the competition ? Jassi ??? just because Purab loves her ? a model with braces ? Dead

Go to top