Vidya and Sakshi's USP

kavmuks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Vidya -

A lot has been written and said about Vidya's fashion sense and her figure and her hair styling .. but it is also a fact Vidya Balan is an actress who goes deep into the skin of the character -

Most of the Fashion Divas of new age have body, looks, banners, projects but how many of them can market a movie alone? They need big male stars to do that job .. the female leads keep busy looking pretty (I am talking about Majority not ALL) .. whereas this lady with so much criticized about her - goes and does one role in ISHKIYA and she was the one who marketed it

Now this Dirty Picture - she is all out to market it Bindaas .. name few who can do same the way she does

at times it seems her poor fashion sense is her USP

Sakshi -

An above average looking actress with lots of acting talent and gifted by expressive eyes - did a "Parvati" when she should have done a lot more lighter role - She became wife,  mother grand mother in an iconic manner -  but all these 7 years she never became too available, visible and did some cameos -- Sakshi never made desperate effort to come out from Parvati's image . ..

I remember her in Coffee with Karan, other interviews, award events, shows she never presented herself completely opposite to her TV image ..But audience still remembered her and loved her

Now after all these years when all her contemporary actresses are doing senior roles -

She is doing a Priya and here she comes out of her Parvati Garb so easily ... do we compare any more with Parvati look or feel .. all  this she is able to opposite another icon like Ram Kapoor who can eat all attention of the audience merely due to his screen presence and expressions

That is what is Sakshi's USP - She has helped us to forget Parvati (but remember Sakshi) and just appreciate her as Priya .. all at ease .. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

haribol79 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Glad I am the first to Comment..,

I am not writing for Vidhya (though I am a huge FAN of her)

I am only able to think abt SAAKSHI TANWAR - THE GREAT ACTRESS AND SELF MADE PERSON SHE IS...

She has this ability to change her own Image..she can convince the audience to look at the Character Only and not Saakshi.., Best eg..Tipari of Balika Vadhu... I loved her so much... Being in middle of such super actors like Dadisa and others,.. in already a much popular show... She had made a mark with her Skills..

Bless her !!
-SakshisFan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautifully written article and I agree with each word of the same regarding Sakshi. She is self made person and its nothing else but sheer talent and confidence that she has made and remade big on indian tv in last 12 years. I have never come across any star who has played such iconic character and she herself breaks that image creates another iconic character as Sakshi did by playing Parvati and Priya. She has carved niche for herself in such a vast and big industry that she will be remembered for generations to come.

May God always bless her
Sakshi_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
beautifully written article n agree to each and every word... to be honest i donno how to describe this wonder woman... she's still a mystery to me.. the only thing i knw is i love her to death n it is only Sakshi who can gv life a fictional character in such away that it becomes one of the most important part of our daily life... I am so so so glad that she's back as Priya... missed her like hell after Kahaani ended n that was such an awfully long 3 years... thnx a million tonnes Ekta to bring our Queen back... television is incomplete without her...

May Allah always keep u like this and fulfill all your desires Sakshi... you r just the best!!
Edited by Anamika163 - 12 years ago