Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Anupam exposed on India TV!

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:51am | IP Logged

Industry shocked, co-artistes aghast!

India TV's expose on Aman Verma has the television industry pondering realities.

"I have gone through this myself" Aman tells Suhaib

Indian Idol host, Khullja Sim Sim anchor and Kumkum villain. Is Aman Yatan Verma a villain in real life too?

In a second sting operation, shortly after its expose on film star Shakti Kapoor, India TV's Suhaib Ilyasi is gunning for television personality Aman Verma. The entire operation, its repercussions and industry reactions are currently being aired intermittently from 8 am today on the Rajat Sharma floated India TV.

The procedure to snare Aman has been nearly the same as was followed in the case of Shakti. The same girl, Ruchi, who posed as a fresher in the film industry, got Aman to offer 'advice' on her career some two months ago, in the India TV operation. Aman lodged a police complaint on Wednesday against the channel, saying the girl came to his apartment of her own volition, but the operation has left a bitter taste among his co-artistes and colleagues in the industry.

Indian Idol co host Mini Mathur said this morning that she was 'very disappointed'. But a wary Mini added, "But I would not like to add to his problems by commenting anything further."

"Come closer...." a smiling Aman's telling Ruchi

Kumkum co-star Juhi Parmar is bewildered. "He was very cultured and professional all along. I had no problems with him. This has really shocked me."

Pondering the issue, Juhi adds, "So far, TV was safe on and off the screen. We neither shed clothes on screen or off it. I still believe it is the safest of places, but with the recent high stakes associated with it, I do get to hear of such things. But I really can't state any specifics..."

The India TV expose, currently running on the channel, however, is pretty specific, although the girl does appear to be leading Aman on in a few instances.

Aman has been showing as asking the girl to stay overnight in Mumbai, and then asking her to come closer to have a better look at her in his Lokhandwala complex apartment, asking her to turn around, and responding that he's always been a 'naughty guy' when Ruchi coyly reprimands him for being 'naughty'.

In the latter video, Aman tells the India TV team that accosts him, "I was making her aware of the pitfalls in the industry. I did not use her." He has gone through similar circumstances, he tells Suhaib later in the video.

"The couch exists, but this is not the way to expose it" - Mandira Bedi

Says Mandira Bedi, who hosts Sahara One's Dial One Aur Jeeto with Aman, "I am aghast at what I am seeing on television. They are invading privacy. Next, they might place a camera in people's bathrooms. The casting couch exists but this is not the way to expose things. Also it depends on what signals you send. I do not want to talk on morality. The Shakti Kapoor episode was a set up and this is another one. Fortunately I have never been propositioned", says the actress, who has also acted with him in Shanti and Kyunki Saans Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

The questions remain. Why did Aman Verma fall at India TV's reporter feet and ask for forgiveness. He claims he had been blackmailed since three months. What took him so long to file a complaint? Did the Shakti Kapoor episode frighten him? Or was he waiting for Indian Idol to wind up?

That also leaves another question mark. Will we see Aman again in Indian Idol 2?

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:52am | IP Logged
A follow-up article:

"We will target the couch phenomenon in other industries too..."

Suhaib Ilyasi is a contented man. His India's Most Wanted, which ruled the roost once on Zee TV, but was currently a lukewarm weekly show on Rajat Sharma's India TV, has suddenly become the channel driver. Despite the slapdash presentation, the near coquettish manner in which the snares are laid and Suhaib's own unsophisticated style of anchoring, the last two episodes have managed to catapult the channel into national attention.

Suhaib Ilyasi - the crusade's just beginning

After Shakti Kapoor and Aman Verma, we now hear that Suhaib has trapped a few yesteryear filmstars and scriptwriters into offering careers in return for sexual favours. Sapana Patil spoke to the producer on Thursday afternoon to discover that Suhaib is just beginning to warm up to his crusade.

Is India TV undertaking these sting operations to increase channel share and awareness of India TV?

That's a wrong statement. We are very clear about our mission - to expose the casting couch phenomenon.

Then why do you invite SMSes from viewers? Isn't that being done to attract revenues too?

SMSes reflect the responses of the people. They congratulate us and encourage us. About the money part, I would not like to comment.

Who's next on your list? We believe two yesteryear actors have also been snared by you.

I cannot disclose that.

The video that shows Aman bending and asking for forgiveness does not show his face.

If you watch closely, you will realise it is Aman.

Do you fear the film industry banning you?

People who do good work have to often suffer such humiliation. But that will not keep us from exposing the truth.

And what about the threats that you might receive from Bollywood and underworld?

These are just actors. We have dealt with criminals.

But the lady often seems to be leading Aman into the act. Anyone would give in to the allurement. She could have firmly refused him instead of coyly saying "Aman don't be naughty."

How else could we expose Aman? If you notice closely, Aman takes her into the bedroom and asked her to come close. When she refused, he scratches his nose wonderingly…

Do you agree that the casting couch exists in other industries?

Yes I do.

Do you intend swooping down on then with cameras?

Yes we do.

Did Balaji Telefilms or Sony Entertainment television get in touch with you after the Aman episodes were aired?

Why would they? The girl mentioned Balaji merely as part of the story.

saroj Senior Member
saroj
saroj

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Suhaib Ilyasi is a specimen himself...years ago he was nearly convicted for killing his wife...nothing happened because of lack of proof...trust an almost criminal to carry out sting operations on others!!!
angel_gurl29 Groupbie
angel_gurl29
angel_gurl29

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:31am | IP Logged
this is surely shockinggggggggggggggggggg
mana Senior Member
mana
mana

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Confused thats crazy
Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri