Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

LIVE CHAT - Maninee (Pari)

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Maninee Mihir Mishra

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TVactress, Maninee Mihir Mishra at 12 noon on Monday, March 14, 2005 in Mumbai

Maninee Mihir Mishra
TV actress

'I feel very complete after being married to Mihir. It was not love at first sight. But it was a soul connection. My heart misses a beat every time I look at him. And he likes the person within me."

Hari > Hey, heard that you are a wonderful dancer! Tell us about it - is it a hobby?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Dance is an expression. I express my happiness and joy. It is my passion and my first love.

Yadav > Your marriage was so sudden. Was it love at first sight? And how does it feel to be married to one of TV's heartthrob?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > I truly believe that there is nothing known as sudden or coincidences. Certain things are preordained and I completely gave into my destiny. I am extremely happy and feel very complete after being married to Mihir. It was not love at first sight, neither at first bite! It was a soul connection and my network area was very strong to receive this call. My heart misses a beat every time I look at him.

Rcs_lucky > Do you really enjoy doing comedies?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Absolutely because I truly believe that laughter is the essence of one's soul. If your soul laughs, you live.

Shruti > What will be your future plans?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > To be the best in whatever I touch, to do complete justice to what I am offered, and be a rock star!

Gaurav > Maninnee, you won the 'Miss Congeniality' for the Miss India contest in 1994. How come you went into oblivion after that? What were you doing?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Never went into oblivion. I was preparing myself for a bigger and a better future. I was busy pursing academics in psychology.

Shruti > 'Pari' is not totally a negative role, nor is it a positive one. So, what is so special about this role that you chose it?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > 'Pari' is a spice girl - a bit hot, a bit funny; every bit a woman. I enjoy performing this character because she is opposite to my own personality.

Tingu > You married so suddenly. Don't you think that you could have taken some more time, especially since this is your second marriage?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > I truly believe that when the first one happened I was far too young rather inexperienced. The second one I knew exactly what I wanted and when I saw him I said yes, yes, yes.

Shruti > 'Pari' is a role liked by most but what is your dream role?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > My dream role is to play a psychopath and somebody who can explore psyches of other people with ease and insight.

Rohit > Please don't mind my asking but why didn't your first marriage work for you?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Fate and destiny. And why should I mind you asking it. It has made me a much more stronger, independent and a focussed woman.

Neha > You were a model. When did you decide to become an actress and how did it happen?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > I never decided I was born a nautanki (drama). I wanted to become an archeologist. Acting had to be my calling because I was always a very, very expressive child. Acting happened to me when TV 18 (channel) asked me to do a role for its series Bhawar. There was an actor who kind of dropped out in the last minute. And that became my opportunity to showcase my talent. I used to anchor a show called Manasi on Zee. It was my first show but TV 18 thought that I was more actress material so they called me.

Feras > How did you get the Pari's role in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin ?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > My name was recommended by Mr. Anand Vardhan who is a writer and he happened to be a friend. Diya and Tony Singh happened to spot me at the Zee party and asked for my contact number. So, that's how it happened.

Farah > What do you do to chill out?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > I love reading, being with my husband Mihir and daughter (Dianoor) and I love going out and spending time with friends and family. I love listening to music and my biggest stress buster is going and rocking.

Bimbo > Your character Pari is shown to be a bimbette. Since most of our TV stars are identified by their screen characters, do people also think that you are the same as Pari? How do you react to them?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > The minute I open my mouth (start talking) they change their opinion. I love performing this character. She is so ditzy, sexy and so dumb. And after having a conversation with me they say : "My God, after being what you are, you perform Pari!"

Shruti > You are a mother, and a newly married person. And even working in two serials. So how do you manage your time?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > I am a mother yes. A newly married woman, a professional and a therapist in the making. I truly believe a woman's DNA structure makes her more multitasking than men. Just simple prioritizing and goal making, makes life easier. A supportive husband, a sound staff (drivers, maid) a loving child and a sense of balance makes all of this possible at the same time.

Strawberryblush > So your next step- BOLLYWOOD? Any thoughts?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Bollywood has already happened with I acted in Waisa Bhi Hota Hai with Arshad Warsi and Rules - Pyar Ka Super Hit Formula with Milind Soman. Saadhe Saat Phere with Irrfan and Juhi is due to release in April and Krish with Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra is in the making.

Fiza > If you were offered Jassi's role, do you think you could have a done a better job than her?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Absolutely not! I truly believe that Mona Singh (Jassi) has done complete justice to her character through every bit that is Jassi. I think she is an amazing actress and a mind blowing friend.

Uma > What attracted you to Mihir? Did he tell you what he likes the most about you?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Everything about him! I think it's his passion for life, his drop dead gorgeous looks, his soul and above all, his respect and integrity. He likes the person within me.

Rcs_lucky > How was it working with actors like Juhi?
Maninee Mihir Mishra > Fantastic, mind-blowing! She is one of the most wonderful actresses one can have as a colleague. She is hugely talented, wonderfully sweet and a very appreciative person.

Sign Off Message > Be positive, be brave and remember - no guts, no glory. Love, Maninne.

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:41am | IP Logged
thanx for the article
poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:48am | IP Logged
thanks!! i saw maninii n mihir on zoom.. some interview
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top