Selina

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 1:12am | IP Logged
I feel really cheated, says Jayshree bua
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 17, 2005

shaheen@mid-day.com
YE MERI LIFE HAI!
Tanaaz Currim plays Jayshree bua in the show
Tanaaz Currim, who plays Jayshree bua in the Sony daily Ye Meri Life Hai, has walked out of the soap.

Her character had been on the backburner for the last couple of weeks. Now, after waiting for it to take-off, she has finally decided to call it quits.

Currim is terribly upset at the way things shaped up for her in Ye Meri Life Hai. "I feel cheated. My character, though well-received, was not used at all. I kept waiting for all that was promised to me when I was roped in for the role. In the bargain, I lost out on several other assignments," she says.

She says she enjoyed essaying the role of Jayshree, the aunt of the protagonist Pooja (Shama Sikander). "I was recognised and accepted for it everywhere I went. I put in so much for the unique characterisation of Jayshree," adds Currim.

As the wicked bua, replete with her Gujju accent, unique mannerisms and shimmering saris, Currim played the role to the hilt. "It was such a popular character, but unfortunately not used at all.

Whenever I asked the producers (Vipul D Shah and Sanjeev Sharma of Optimystix Productions), they would tell me to hang on. But I just could not wait around anymore for my track to take off."

Currim has not been shooting for the soap since January, and has now informed the producers and the channel of her decision.

"They told me that they would incorporate a track showing the exit of my character. But I told them what is the point now? As it is, I have been missing from the scene, so let me remain as it is." 

When asked about Currim's no-show in the soap, producer Vipul D Shah says, "In a daily, there are several tracks running, so it is difficult to focus on the main protagonist as well as the others. At the moment, the focus is on Pooja (Sikander), Ashmit (Rahil Azam) and Ronit (Amit Jain). We will have Jayshree back soon."

But it's a tad too late, as Currim has already made up her mind to move on to something new.

She has in the past featured in serials like Meri Biwi Wonderful and Zabaan Sambhal Ke, and is also seen on the big screen, as well as in many theatre productions, the most recent being Two 2 Tango
shaheen@mid-day.com

Show tracks

Ye Meri Life Hai began as the middle-class saga of a Gujarati girl, Pooja (Shama Sikander) from Ghatkopar, who oscillates between a hip college in South Mumbai and her middle-class household.

Later, the dilemma of being part of both worlds petered out to be the love saga of Pooja, who is caught between two guys, Ronit and Ashmit.

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 2:33am | IP Logged
thanx for the article
poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:50am | IP Logged
awwwww.... we'll miss her
bas02 Goldie
bas02
bas02

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

oh noooo....jayshree bua's gone!!Shocked no more mirchi!! no more spice to ye meri life!!

thnx for sharing

sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
thanksSmile
ThE_kHan07 IF-Rockerz
ThE_kHan07
ThE_kHan07

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
This show is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAADD!
mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:37pm | IP Logged

thanks for the article

first akash and now her

whos next?? lemme guess annie

I hate that show now especially Poornima and I can't believe how stupid pooja is she is doing whatever her sis wants her to do if i was her i would have never done that i would never ruin my own life for my sisAngry (woh baat alag hai ki i dunt have no sisLOL)

Edited by Manjot - 17 March 2005 at 5:39pm
-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 4:21am | IP Logged
bechari jayashree bua Cry

Go to top