anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago

I wanted to PEN down how I feel about them and how it suits them...

Will start with my fav character PURAB

Purab:

The actor Samir Soni is an excellent choice for Purab's role. What ever blooper that has taken place...what ever deviations that has happened from the original...keeping that aside...I feel Samir was the best choice for Purab. He seems really simple, matured and no way are they trying to show that he is young, fresh collage graduate like Armaan. Purab has learnt a lot from his part experience and has a very keen knowledge on human relationship...no wonder he falls in love with Jassi...

I think Samir has played a excellent role as Purab. Hats of to you sweetheart.

Armaan

Apoorva's acting has improved tremendously from past few episodes. It was a shift from his Casanova spoilt brat to emotional devdas and he has acted very well in both the roles. We all knew he played well as a spoilt brat from Pardesh. But this emotional role...may be was his first take and he is doing a great job...no wonder so many hearts at IF are broken...

Apoorva's fits perfect for the character Armaan Suri. He has various faces of this role and he has played them excellently.

Jassi

Mona Singh...well initially they tried to make her look very common and ugly...but guess that did not that well...everyone looked at her complexion and felt that she could just do fine without her glasses. I agree on that. Even though she was simple...she did not look ugly. Jassi's acting needs little more tuning. She needs to work on her emotions and put more effort with her facial expression. She goes well with dialogue delivery...but at times I feel her face is blank or needs more expression.

Mallika

I think Rakshanda Khan is perfect for this role. Her attitude, high maintenance behavior and arrogance suit the person. May be Rakshanda is not close to what Mallika is...but she is doing a great acting as Mallika and not left much people who love Mallika or pity her for her attitude. Hats off to you Rakshanda. Great job. As an actor...I think she is doing an amazing job.

Aryan

Well I think what ever his name is...is doing a good job. Again he has attitude and arrogant. He hates Armaan and the actor is doing a great job.

nandu

I think Gaurav Gera...is doing a marvallous job. He looks so bola and his acting is amazing as a friend and the way he cares for jassi is so natural.

But I think he needs little more tuning in his acting when he gets angry ..i feel he looks more like a kid who is angry with his mom for not getting a chocolate...

Bebe

She is simply fantastic in her acting. She is so perfect and I guess the actress is doing a great job as bebe. I think in her real life she is not that old...but she is doing so well...even on screen she looks not much old...but i guess grandma's do look like bebe. She is so adorable.

Jassi's mom

I think she too is doing a good job. But I wonder why T & D wanted both bebe and Jassi's mom. As per BLF..i am not sure if they had bebe's role. May be then Jassi's mom would have more to do...she is not being used much I guess

Jassi's dad..

Well for the type of dad, who is very conservative...he plays very well. He is doing a great job too. He gets hyper and he is so protective about his daughter...it is so natural acting the actor plays...good job.

Pari

Wow...the actress Manini De has played real well...it is hard to act dumb I feel...when they are not dumb. She has acted excellently. She is the perfect fit for that role.

Nandini

Neena Gupta looks very calm and she looks very matured with tons of patience and experience. She has acted excellent as nandini. She looks elegant.

Puru

He looks so cute as a dad. The actor has acted real well and portrayed decorum as per her his role.

Ila

She is so poised and she looks beautiful. She has little role to play. But I think she too needs to tune a bit on her emotions. Her son is hurt and her emotions are not that expressive. Well I am not expecting the actress to show roona dona..but I guess mom'd can show much more emotions. She looks more like Armaan's sister.

Other Actors

I feel T & D have chosen each actor very well and they have done a good job in assigning them the roles they play well.

I guess I had too much time…so I wanted to write something very different from regular Armaan and Purab fights.

All the actors are doing a spectacular job in their respective roles. We hate them and we love them…we feel sad for them and we feel happy for them. We feel excited and have anxiety for them.

So I guess T & D even though copied the script…but did not fail in choosing the right actors to do the job so well. This could not have been copied…each of them have put 200% of their energy.

It is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. I have written this trying to be fair on every actor. This is just my view point and sorry if anyone is hurt with any description.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jprasad thumbnail
well said Smisha!   👏   Thank you for taking the time out to express
the talents of each actor!
*Anjali* thumbnail
WOW, Smisha!!! 👏  Very beautifully and accurately explained!!  You really captured the essence of each character.

I especially agree about Mona.  She is good as Jassi, but definitely could fine tune her acting as can Ila.
KK_lassi thumbnail
WOW!👏 That was fabulous Smisha!👏 I agree on ila's part too........ she needs tuning up.
Jyoti_2006 thumbnail

Well said Smisha!!

BTW does anybody know the name of the actress who plays Ila??? She looks sweet and elegant.

queenbee thumbnail
Excellent write-up, Smisha! If I was in school and asked to present an assignment on a synopsis of JJKN characters, I'd copy-paste right away😉

Bebe:
I first saw her in a movie by Govind Nihalani called Rukmavati ki Haveli. She was the matriarch in that movie, and boy.. her performance was mind-blowing!! She was also the 'saas' in Kora kagaz on Star Plus a few years ago. She's definitely not as old as she seems in her Bebe avtaar😕

Agree with you about everyone, Smisha... (If I promise to agree with you about Samir Soni too, will you make BOLD that li'l paragraph on Armaan😉)

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Terriffic smish.U r bang on.Loved ur take on Nandu's anger. 

Originally posted by: queenbee

Excellent write-up, Smisha! If I was in school and asked to present an assignment on a synopsis of JJKN characters, I'd copy-paste right away😉

Bebe:
I first saw her in a movie by Govind Nihalani called Rukmavati ki Haveli. She was the matriarch in that movie, and boy.. her performance was mind-blowing!! She was also the 'saas' in Kora kagaz on Star Plus a few years ago. She's definitely not as old as she seems in her Bebe avtaar😕

Agree with you about everyone, Smisha... (If I promise to agree with you about Samir Soni too, will you make BOLD that li'l paragraph on Armaan😉)

I have had the good fortune to meet Uttara bawarkar (bebe)personally.Not only she is a world class actress,she is a very fine human being.A Theatre artist to the core,she is very knowlegeble and talks very softly. One of the finest performance she has given was in a offbeat telefilm called Titu where she plays a 45 yr old spinster who falls in love with a 25 yr old mentally retarded guy (Raghuvir Yadav) and helps him to achieve some semblence of maturity. Inspite of being in an industry where morals hardly are a fashion,she is one principled lady.

Awesome.

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Minnie

[

I have had the good fortune to meet Uttara bawarkar (bebe)personally.Not only she is a world class actress,she is a very fine human being.A Theatre artist to the core,she is very knowlegeble and talks very softly. One of the finest performance she has given was in a offbeat telefilm called Titu where she plays a 45 yr old spinster who falls in love with a 25 yr old mentally retarded guy (Raghuvir Yadav) and helps him to achieve some semblence of maturity. Inspite of being in an industry where morals hardly are a fashion,she is one principled lady.

wowEdited by misha - 19 years ago
queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

Awesome.

That is SO cool, minnie! The best people (as actors and human beings both) always seem to be theater people, I respect them too much. I would have loved to see that film, Titu😔 ... don't think I'll find it here.
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

😆😆😆...yes you could use it...my english so plain like Jassi😉...I can't use too many words from dictionary...

If you accept...hmmmm....Sure...I can make it BOLD that queenbee will write a para on Armaan...😉