Ekta Kapoor about her future prospects

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I am going to Delhi to look for some eligible boys

Says Ekta Kapoor about her future prospects for reel and real life

Your Kandy Floss is soon to be aired.
I'm having so much fun doing non-fiction. I've done non-fiction programme before - Cosmic Chat with Sunita Menon. But  I'm apprehensive about this one because it will look at the lives of television stars. I hope I'm not torn to shreds. If people speak honestly on camera, I won't edit it. I've instructed my team not to ask lewd questions or hit below the belt. When they asked me if they can take pot-shots at me, I told them, 'Fine. But I might hate you for that.'

Do you feel television allows you to be as adventurous as cinema?
Not at all.  The target  audience on TV doesn't allow you to experiment. When I do something regular they're angry. But when I do something different I don't get their attention. So what do I do?  Iqbal can be done for cinema. But not for television. In spite of all the criticism the top three soaps remain my Kasauti Zindagi Kay,  Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

What do you think of Saloni?
Oh, I like it very much. It's a nice conventional commercial  show. At the end of the day, the audience does not want to move away from  the standard theme and format. I do feel that I am stagnanting at times. But at the end of  the day I love my work. I love my shows. For me they aren't something I do for a few hours. They're my life. I'm very attached to my characters in the soaps. But I do  want to attempt a  different entertainment.

Your Kkasam Se isn't doing well?
What are you  saying? In just three weeks the TRPs are at a 2.4 average. It's my other serial  Hum Paanch that isn't doing well. As for Hum Paanch, times have changed. We shouldn't have brought it back again. The viewer-profile has changed.

Wasn't Amar Upadhyay supposed  to play the lead in Krimson Skies?
He was supposed to play Karan's father. But he asked for too much money.

How do you react to the criticism?
My father always says, dogs bark when an elephant walks. I hate calling myself an elephant. But what to do? I do my work and go home. I've five friends who i can be myself with. People can call my soaps regressive and monotonous . I've only  one thing to say to them. 'Dude, they aren't affecting the TRPs.  It just seems like a lot of idle malicious talk.'

Are you producing films?
Yes , plenty. I'll start with a small film directed by Satish Kaushik featuring Tusshar and maybe Ayesha Takia. Then there're projects with Neeraj Vora, Rohit Shetty,   Abbas-Mustan and  Anees Bazmi. I also want to start small niche films with independent directors. But my role model in filmmaking is Sanjay Leela Bhansali because he has always done what he wants to do, and done it so magnificently. He wants me to make a serial without a 'k'  in it. I will, just for him. I went mad after seeing Devdas.  No  one can touch him.

Any plans of marriage?
My friends and I are going to Delhi to look for some eligible boys. Can't seem to find one for myself in Mumbai. My temper tantrums are too well- known here. I'm trying to sober down as much as possible.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;articleid=22020061514771822020061507484

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for the article and all the best to her
sameerseth thumbnail
ho ho welcome come to mumbai and ask for me i'm ready 😉 .
CuteFairy91 thumbnail
lolz sameer.

Thnx for sharing. 😊 Hope she finds a gud guy.
kaleidoscope thumbnail
I hate her attitude...She thinks she is a goddess🤢

Thanks for the interview.

Chocolate