Akshay in indi-pak punjabi film

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Akshay Kumar in Indo-Pak Punjabi film

Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar will appear in a Punjabi film, his first in that language, based on the Indo-Pak friendship, which will be shot and released in Pakistan.

Lollywood actors Moammar Rana, Irfan Khosat and Sana are part of the star cast which also includes India's Parikshit Sahani, said its director Thakur Tapasvi.

Akshay will be acting free of cost to encourage friendly relations between the two nations. The film, Saanj Mohbaatane De is being produced by Indian Punjab's Culture Minister Raj Kumar Verka.

The film, being made under the banner of World Wide Punjabi Cinema Pvt Ltd, is a pre-Partition saga.

"We have shown unity in the film, which later turned into rivalry along with the current process of peace making," a statement quoted Dr Verka as saying. "Akshay is playing an important role of bridging the divide between the neighbors."

"We have got all the necessary permissions to shoot in Pakistan and Akshay will accompany us whenever he is required," Dr Verka added and lauded Akshay for being exceptionally supportive by acting in the film free of cost.

"This is a great attempt to strengthen relations between both the nations and I thought this could be a right way to forward my support to the Punjabi film which is set to create history by getting canned and released across the border," Akshay Kumar said.

"Mein apne desh vaste kuch bhi kar sakda haan, (I can do anything for my country)," he said.

"We will be approaching some top film personalities to play a cameo in the film, which will be completed within next 30 days with a budget of Rs 2 crore," added Dr Verka.

Muammar Rana recently appeared briefly in a Bollywood movie Dobara that had as its main cast Jackie Shroff, Raveena Tandon, Mahima Chaudhry.

Jawed Sheikh is yet another Lollywood who's who to join the Bollywood pack.

In Bollywood's Anubhav Sinha multi-starrer Dus, Sheikh plays a Pakistani officer who joins hands with his Indian counterparts to combat terrorism.

"When I saw him in a hotel lobby in Mumbai, I was immediately struck by his matinee idol looks and offered him the role of the Pakistani officer. Jawed accepted, Sinha said.