Interview - Rakshanda Khan

JinK thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Rakshanda Khan
She suffers from pangs of unrequited love as the strong-willed Tanya in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and portrays the go-getting, chic Mallika with panache in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, arguably two of India's most loved TV serials.

Off-screen, the doe-eyed pathan, Rakshanda Khan, seems a mystery.

She insists that she is a late bloomer, an introvert who loved the confines of her school library and broke out of her shell only after she joined St Xavier's College, Mumbai, but we see a controversial hint of Mallika's verve in her once she reveals that she was a tomboy who bullied her elder brother as a child.

"I could get away with it, being the only girl among so many boys in the family. But no longer — he's six foot, three inches tall now!" she laughs.

Rakshanda faced photographer Denzil Sequeira's camera before she graduated from college and entered the world of glamour as a model, eventually becoming a TV anchor and actor.

Her charm, both on-screen and off-screen, and her popularity among the masses is undisputable.

Sunday Mid Day presents snapshots from the life of a big, small screen idol.
1. Rakshanda Khan in a profile photo taken six months ago

2. Seven-month-old Rakshanda, who had just learnt to sit up, poses with her doll. The doll had eyes similar to hers, but Rakshanda poked her eyes till the doll became 'blind'

3. Rakshanda at ten months, posing for the camera for a split second at the behest of her mother, before running away again

4. Four-and-a-half year old Rakshanda at her aunt's marriage. Her mother lifted her into her arms for a photo as she was sulking

5. Rakshanda's aunt poses with her niece and nephews at her own marriage. Rakshanda's three-and-a-half month old younger brother lies in her aunt's lap

6. Rakshanda being with naughty with her elder brother Intekhab, whom she bullied

7. At her second birthday at home

8. Little Rakshanda stands with three brothers, the tallest being Intekhab

9. A still from Rakshanda's second photo shoot

10. Rakshanda (centre) with model Rajalaxmi (left) and a South African colleague in one of her first outdoor campaigns in Mauritius

11. With Jaaved Jaffery at the press conference of the film Hum Hain Lajawab. She lent her voice for the female lead in this translated version of the animated film, The Incredibles

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutereems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanx jink😊

Very nice pictures. In first pic she looks yuck🤢.

Baby RAkshanda is sooooo cute😊

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

thanks for the article and the pics

fingirl thumbnail
Thanks for the pics..she's really pretty and a good actress 😉
Singh23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks for the inof. man she so hot
icy_devil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thx's 4 sharing. I agree in the first pic 🤢she doesn't look tht nice
shahidlover24 thumbnail
Thx for sharing.....she looks so cute in her childhood pics

~*Prinkzz4eva*~ thumbnail

ooooooo nice i love tanya. i think she's like the preetiest person alive!!!      I feel sorry for her cause she really likes Karan and karan only     like nandini😭

preity*zinta thumbnail
tanya is sooooooooo damn gorgeous!! i luv her in kyunki
*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: cutereems

Thanx jink😊

Very nice pictures. In first pic she looks yuck🤢.

Baby RAkshanda is sooooo cute😊

thanx jink...lol reems....she does look ugly in the first pic😆