Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Shubhaavi - Meera

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 16 March 2005 at 4:34am | IP Logged

kandivli@mid-day.com
Shubhaavi K
"I am startlingly similar to Meera," says the 24-year-old resident of Kandivli Link Road, who is currently playing the part of the woman who eyes the lead male character (Mihir played by Ronit Roy) in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. "She is a strong person and I admire that," she says.

Shubhaavi K began her career with an ad in 2000 when she accompanied a friend to an audition.

She was offered the D-cold ad and went on to appear in others, including Johnsons, Samsung and Colgate. "I enjoy acting," says Shubhaavi, explaining that this interest led her to accept Anand Rai's offer to star in his tele-film One Night Stand on Star One.

Explaining how she landed the role of Meera, Shubhaavi says, "Ekta Kapoor offered me the role after seeing my work in Rai's serial. I had a look at the role, liked it and picked it because it is the number one production house and the number one TV serial right now."

Coming back to that original statement, Shubhaavi explains, "The character of Meera is so much like me because I am a very strong person in real life too."

But she's quick to point out that she doesn't approve of all that Meera does. "I would personally never go in for an extra-marital affair," says Shubhaavi, adding, "For one, I am too young to fall in love with someone twice or thrice my age."

Shubhaavi has performed in various shows for Atul Kumar's Creeps as well, but says she would like to stick to TV for a while yet. "I haven't yet thought about films and future roles, or what I want to do later," she says.

But when asked what roles she would like to portray on the big screen, she picks Rani Mukerji in Black, Rekha in Umrao Jaan and Kajol in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai."

"I would definitely also like to try out different kinds of themes and genres in TV itself. If other kinds of storylines do come into the limelight, and the current trend does shift, it would be great to do something else," adds Shubhaavi.

kandivli@mid-day.com

Shubhaavi's views on Kandivli

When did she move "I used to live in Churchgate before I moved to Kandivli about 10 years ago."

How she likes it "I don't really like it here, so I plan to move back in the near future."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top