Ekta's Serials VS Ajay Sinha's Serials

Posted: 19 years ago

Hi All

You might be aware that Astitva took a leap ahead by 18 years yesterday. At this juncture, i want to come out with an interesting comparison between the different ways in which Ekta and Ajay Sinha operate.

I will take Astitva of Ajay Sinha's and Kyunki from Ekta's for this comparison.

ASTITVA: Here, the characters appear to be more natural. For instance, when Simran lost AStha, her emotions were very well brought about. Ajay Sinha showed this sad moment in such a way that it looked as though the whole house was gloomy bcos of Astha's disappearance and we could make out the effort taken by each character to express their sorrow about this. Take for instance, Shaguna who was very grief-stricken. SAurabh, Pranay, Abhi , all of them , with Simran heading thelist. Simran showed such great enacting capabilities that everything was very natural about this.

Effort has been shown in all ways possible to depict sorrow with more reality. This appears in the costumes also they wear. Simran never ever minded asto what she was wearing when AStha got lost. She never had make-up , infact nobody had much of make-up at that time. This actually brings in great reality to what is being shown. We never begin to think that people never react in such a way when they are so much depressed.

In comparison with this, i will now talk about Kyunki......

In Kyunki, we have witnessed so many instances like this where the whole family is buried in sorrow. To speak of some recent ones, Mansook's death , Vishal's death, followed by Ansh's death etc...... I don't tell that actors here, fall short of emotions. They are indeed, good actors. No second thoughts about this. But i somehow, feel that even when such depressing moments come, we see that all ladies of the house mourn for just one day and then start exhibiting their beauty with so much of make-up, jewels, gorgeous saress and what not!!!!. This does not provide reality to the happenings. Sometimes we tend to ponder that this bout of sorrow followed by so much of regular activity is not that natural and we cannot digest it.

After Ansh's death, we saw Savitha and others brood over this for so many days. But the costumes they wore, especially Gayathri's sarees and make-up, never ever suggested that they were still mourning for a dead person who was so young in age. Come on, this is really hard to believe!!!

Now that Damini and Ganga are crying over everything just bcos Tulsi is in jail, we have to expect them to be sobre.... No, they are as always, draped in beautiful sarees, have make-up to the core.......etc.

I would again like to confirm my statement with another such comparison.

ASTITVA:As I told you earlier, Astitva took a leap yeaterday of 18 years. As the new characters unfolded, the characters already present also appeared. I could not believe my eyes, as Ajay has so very well brought about the age change in all the characters. Simran does not look the same as before the leap. Though she has less grey hair, she does not darn the same glittering make-up anymore. Her face is left to be original, though make-up has been provided so that Simran gets wrinkles on her face that depicts her age. Cool, nice to see this ..... Shaguna is with grey hair, Urmila is with grey hair..... Abhi's parents are so very well made to look old that Ajay Sinha is on the spot regarding the way the characters appear after the leap. There is no doubt that the characters look their age and are very well made by Ajay Sinha.

Now, I like to compare this to Kyunki.

Kyunki has already seen such leaps before. But the characters , after every leap, do not show any drastic difference in their age or the way they dress. SAvitha looks the same after so many leaps. Gayathri looks like a teenager even now. Mihir looks handsome as ever. The only person who looks her age is Baa. Now , Kyunki is all set for another leap......I just wonder what Ekta is upto....Maybe, even after this leap, Savitha will not have even a single grey hair, Gayathri will look all the more beautiful with all sorts of make-up and will look more younger.......I cannot believe this, as it is far , far  , far away from the original. This does not bring us so very close to reality.......Ekta needs more of originality in her serials. This is my thought.....

With this, i like to conclude saying Ajay Sinha is far more practical towards the happenings in his serial. He brings us more close to what we see in reality. There is no such thoughts in the viewer's mind that this cannot happen in real life. These minute things are so very important in the making of a succuessful serial..... I actually congratulate Ajay for giving greater priority to the way the serial progresses and not just thinking about how we can picturise all the characters to look gorgeous and young forever!!!!

Ekta, on the other hand, loves to experiment more and brings about happenings that are really very hard to digest.....She gives much importance to the way  her characters look, leaving the situation and circumstances in which the story is....

These are just my view points.... I request the readers to read this and enjoy this. By saying this, i nver mean that Ekta is bad and Ajay is good. I am just putting forward the different priorities every director has and remember, there is always two sides to a coin.

So, no ill-feelings about this..................

Very well said.....I agree with you completely.
I started watching Astitva recently, but Kyunki I have been watching for the last 4 years. Ajai Sinha depicts emotions really well.
In Kyunki, Gayathri appears younger every day, which is hard to digest. THe clothes and jewellery everybody wears is unbelievable, even when they are in mourning.
come on, speak out your mind ,friends!!!
Astitva is one of the best serials on Indian television right now...it's realistic,the actors are brilliant.Kyunkii compared to Astitva comes across as a little over the top on everything...also the situations shown in Kyunkii do not happen in a normal house hold quite contrary to what Ekta insists.
Originally posted by moonlight

Very well said.....I agree with you completely.
I started watching Astitva recently, but Kyunki I have been watching for the last 4 years. Ajai Sinha depicts emotions really well.
In Kyunki, Gayathri appears younger every day, which is hard to digest. THe clothes and jewellery everybody wears is unbelievable, even when they are in mourning.
I dont want to sound rude or anything but they decided to air star plus just in 2004 so how could you watch this show for the last 4 years 😕
ajai sinha has always made emotionally sensible and good serials, which depict reality to the maximum extent possible.  But ekta is just showing entertainment.

I have been to houses which are mourning and after the mandatory period of mounring is over, woemn and men alike go back to business as usual except the spouse.  In our family, when we lost our grandparents, who had lived a full life and died peacefully, we grandchildren did not believe in mourning them like the nromal manner, we celebrated their liberation from this body...
I am not comparing the two, but then ekta is entertaining and ajai sinha is socially thought provoking.....
nice msg greatmaratha..
competely agree with u!
ekta is here to entertain the masses...u r supposed to watch and enjoy....not watch and think wheras
ajay sinha is here to provoke serious thoughts in everyone's minds.....no wonder astitva is one of the most realistic shows on telly (except the marriages thingy)
so wahtdayathink?!!😊
Originally posted by Tani91

I dont want to sound rude or anything but they decided to air star plus just in 2004 so how could you watch this show for the last 4 years 😕

star plus has been coming in india for a long time now. it is only in US that it has come on last year

Originally posted by Tani91

I was in INdia for four years from 00-04. Star Plus started in INdia in 00. So, I have been watching it since its inception. Over here in the US, I rent cassetes of Kyunki.
moonlight, great to know that you are an ardent fan of Kyunki......😊