Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uamaz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I second everybody's comment because at the end of the day any serial's popularity can only be judged correctly by the viewer-ship it generates because without the viewer-ship of the audience there is no serial. 

Please consider changing your system to a fairer one 
_Precious_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I support Nafisa completely. The buzz points from telly articles seem to cause unequal ranking depends on the date it is published. So its better the points from the article not counted towards the ranking of both the show and the celebrities.
If you consider TRP as another parameter to measure the popularity of the show and the cast, it will be a fair judgement of the viewership rather than the TB articles.

Thanks for considering our suggestions. Edited by _Precious_ - 12 years ago
taniks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree with everything nafisa has mentioned , although the tellybuzz articles are fabulous and are much appreciated it should not be allowed to affect the ranks . Pls consider her alternate suggestations for judging the rankings
Arnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
am wid u my sweetheart friend TB  article needs to be removed  fully...

avyarima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yes it shouldn't!...totally agree with Nafisa no this.
famzii05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
AGREED!
if theres no article the rankings should not get affected.
I support you nafisa!!

x.x.FAHIMA.x.x
flynrider thumbnail
i agree they always degrade ppl D: im with ya 100%%
ZahariliBichoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I AGREE 100% TO YOUR SUGGESTION.
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Nafisa_blossoms

To Vijay and your team,

I know you have worked hard to give us a system where we can all compete with each other and keep us here and involved on India Forums, your efforts are appreciated and but I have a criticism about TellyBuzz articles with regards to ranking.  

Commenting, Rating and Likes to TellyBuzz articles contribute to the weekly ranking for the upcoming end of week ranking only, so if the article is older then that and you do commenting those comments, ratings, likes don't contribute to the BUZZ column in the ranking because that article is old, also TellyBuzz articles are not published every week for each serial or each celebrity, I realise this is impossible to do as they are too many celebrities and serials but as a result the ranking system is not fair. Buzz should not be included as a parameter to calculate rankings, because of what I have explained, as the ranking points are lost the following week as the Buzz articles are published for other serials.

To illustrate this better

Giaa Manek was ranked 33 and she jumped up to 19, so article helped but our fan page commenting also helped as well as the commenting on the article. 

The article was published on 23rd October 2011 giving us one day to COMMENT, RATE it, hit the LIKE button, before it became useless for ranking. as the rankings ran from 17th October 2011 to 23rd October 2011. 

Rankings it was counted in (Buzz column) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1929654

The week after it wasn't counted Giaa slips to 26 rank (check Buzz column) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1937792

I would like a change to the ranking system, I love TellyBuzz articles, I think your team is doing a good job getting us in contact with our favourite celebrities, I would like them to very much continue but for them to not count in the ranking system, because choosing who is going to get a TellyBuzz article is subjective, when (date within the week) a TB article is released is also subjective, Saath Nibhana Saathiya fans have it for one day only for ranking purposes others have it for 5 days (example Kinshuk Maharajan 22nd November article) so fans can make more comments plus all their comments count the following week, also why he is having so many articles every week an article, it's because of the BUZZ of his marriage, but us having a campaign in the Ranking 30 to 40 range makes our celebrity Giaa Manek have more comments and likes on her fan page, so I put it to you, someone having more comments and likes isn't that equivalent to having more of a BUZZ then the people you have chosen to have TB articles last week? So for the system of ranking to be fairer the TB articles must not count in the ranking.

I think incorporation of TRP, TVR/TAM ratings would be fairer, as the viewers have made their choice in picking which program to watch for that week, so an introduction of TRP as a parameter in the ranking and given more weightage points (the same weightage that a BUZZ points are given now). Why should TRP be given higher weightage then other parameters because the ranking system must not be influenced by personal opinions or feelings it should consider and represent the facts, the fact being viewers made a choice in picking what serial or show to watch in the week, follow the TAM or TRP ratings because it's more objective to do so.

Is nobody going to respond to my suggestion and comment? Vijay on changing the ranking system a response please.
Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 12 years ago
Ocean.Clouds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oh God this is totally unfair ðŸ˜²
You are right Nafisa We agree with you