Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

India-Forums

The Art of Telling the Truth with Lies (AR) (Page 14)

mak3mesmile Senior Member
mak3mesmile
mak3mesmile

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Part 6: The Art of Telling the Truth with Lies

I'm married. As much as she tried, Riddhima couldn't get that single thought out of her head. After they had walked out of the court, Armaan had casually announced that they were heading to meet his family followed by a warning to behave as if she were a two year old child. Riddhima didn't know for how long she would have to put up with his attitude. Sighing, she stole a glance at him. He seemed completely relaxed as he drove his Mercedes Benz with an elbow propped up on the window. Riddhima wondered if he had any ideas about her level of anxiety. Considering the circumstances that was probably the intention.

The fact that she was married didn't bother her as much as the fact that she was married to him did. Riddhima who had gotten used to having control over every aspect of her life would also have difficulty submitting to his needs. Needs? Oh God, please no. So far he had clearly conveyed that he was thoroughly angry as well as a bit disgusted with her. However, in the end, he is a man after all who thinks with his you-know-what before brains. Also, his response to her on their first meeting caused her to think again. It wasn't that she wasn't attracted to him. It was entirely that she was attracted to him far more than any other prior relationship. Prior relationships. Riddhima scoffed to herself on that pathetic reminder. Her dating history was worse than Kim Kardashian's.

With her career at its height and the pressing workload, Riddhima had no time to scour for a prospective male so Nikki took it upon herself to help her out of what she considered the most pressing matter that required the utmost attention. Riddhima didn't quite agree with the idea but had too much on her plate to care if a few pieces dropped here and there. Now, however good a friend Nikki might be she couldn't, actually shouldn't, play matchmaker…ever…in respect to the safety and dignity of those involved.

Nikki first went with the idea of like and like which in Riddhima's case meant nerd and geek. Riddhima had arrived at a renowned restaurant where she met a plastic surgeon who thought she would do well with bigger breasts and skinnier thighs. He was so considerate he even offered to do it himself. On the pretence of using the bathroom, Riddhima left the building out the back door as well as her date to pay for the 2,000 dollar bill. The food was amazing by the way.

The next one was the owner of a software company whose gaze lifted no higher than her chest and no lower than her hips. Besides that counterpoint, dinner went fine. It was when they were waiting for his driver in front of the restaurant that things went from bad to worse. They were talking one second when he suddenly began kissing her. She had to literally pry him off her while he slurped on her neck. Afterwards, Riddhima quite bluntly made it clear that the night ended there. To add to his charms, he couldn't take rejection. Riddhima ended up hailing a cab back home when the bas***d flipped the bird and drove off in his Bugatti. In another one of Nikki's attempt to brighten up Riddhima's love life, she set her up with a cardiologist who on the pretense of checking her heartbeat for abnormalities groped her breast in the middle of the New York Time Square. Riddhima ended up whacking him upside his head in the most ladylike manner possible. It was mortifying to say the least but Nikki got a good laugh out of it. It wasn't fair though to point out the flaws in those guys since Riddhima herself made no effort to develop a relationship.

Riddhima's train of thought broke off when the car jumped at a pothole. Riddhima felt something churning in her stomach. Uh-oh.

Through the corner of his eye, Armaan glanced at her. Her brows were creased and she was spinning the ring on her left hand. She had not uttered a single word when he had said that they would be meeting his family though she made her mood clear by banging the car door so hard that he thought he heard the windows rattle. She wasn't saying anything now either even though Armaan could see that she really wanted to. Armaan turned his attention back to the road.

"Armaan!" He looked down and saw Riddhima's hand clutching his right arm. He looked up. Her green eyes were wide with what appeared to be a small case of hysterics. Her face had turned even paler than before.

"Armaan. Stop the car please!" She was almost screaming.

Armaan did as she asked. He pulled the car off the road. The car had barely stopped that Riddhima threw the door open and jumped out. Armaan followed suit but much more slower since he had figured out the situation. Armaan leaned against the car's hood while Riddhima crouched by some bushes and emptied her stomach.

Riddhima waited to make sure that the nausea had surpassed. She wiped her hand across her mouth and scooted away as the pungent smell threatened a repeat of the previous events. Pressing a hand to her throbbing temple, Riddhima got up and walked back to the car, a bit unsteady on her heels. He was sitting atop the hood with a phone pressed to his ear. Riddhima ignored his gaze and opened the trunk. With a little bit of rummaging, she managed to find her medicine and a water bottle.

Riddhima pulled the rubber band out and began taking apart the tight braid she had spent a full half-hour constructing this morning. Her life felt quite the same which she had spent years constructing but now saw it crumbling in a matter of few days. She caught snippets of the conversation as he was still outside. He had traded his coat and slacks for a simple blue t-shirt with khaki shorts while Riddhima was still stuck in the suffocating dress.

"Yeah, we'll be there in a little bit…No, no don't say anything. I'll explain everythin…Alright, bye." Stuffing the phone in his shorts, he jumped off the hood. Getting into the car, he saw Riddhima frowning with her arms crossed on her chest. Armaan turned the ignition and was about to pull the mirrors up.

Riddhima snapped, "Don't." His brow shot up.

"Fresh air helps." Armaan turned the air conditioning off and opened all the windows.

Riddhima could feel the awkwardness thick in the moist summer breeze although it appeared to be one-sided since Armaan seemed to be having the time of his life while singing along to what Riddhima would consider music for the hearing impaired. How anyone could stand 'music' where the lyrics made no sense and cussing replaced words.

I got girlies half naked that sh*t look like the grotto
How your waist anorexic and then your a** is colossal.

Big Sean went on with his 'lyrics' but Armaan paused when he saw the incredulous look on her face. Her skin was still sickly pale but her eyes were wide this time with what appeared to be disgust.

Keeping a hand on the wheel and sparing an occasional glance at the road, Armaan decided to risk his sanity and question her.

"What?"

Her mouth opened to answer but no words came out. She tried again this time gesturing towards the music system as if it were a rotting banana.

"That is music?" The emphasis on 'that' was not lost on Armaan who couldn't decide if it was a question or a statement.

Resting his elbow on the window, he hid his grin as he pretended to ponder over the question, "That's a trick question but I'm gonna use my PhD in common sense and go with a yes. Dear Lord Jesus, I hope this is right answer." He folded his hands in mock pray.

This time around he made no attempt to hide his grin as he saw Riddhima roll her eyes. "It's not funny, okay? I can't believe the radio plays this miserable excuse for music and then it's even a bigger atrocity that people actually listen to this junk. I mean it's no wonder kids these days have more interest in drugs and sex than on education which is not only essential for the continuity of this society but also for the sanity of the rest of the population."

With a hand on his ear, Armaan interrupted her. "Wait, I'm sorry my extremely small brain couldn't understand any of your geek vomits so I'll just stick to what I can comprehend…a** a** a** a**…."

"I cannot believe I have to spend the next eight months with you." With her arms crossed over her chest, she stared out the window when his reply came a few seconds later.

"Well, Miss. Gupta, I might not have a laminated-framed-and-waxed degree like you do but I can tell you that you are not the one paying for someone else's f**k-ups. So I would appreciate it if you would shut your pretty little mouth and take all the sh*t I throw at you for the next eight months without b*tchin like you usually do. Consider it a payoff in installments of sorts for making my life miserable. If I'm miserable, you sure as hell are not going to be the one smiling since all this is your "mistake" after all. Take my advice, just shut up and enjoy the ride."

Riddhima listened quietly to his tight voice barely concealing her own rage. She neither looked at him nor gave a reply.

The silence took its vacant place yet again leaving both figures knee deep into thoughts that neither had the guts to share much less act upon.

Note: Hello to those of you who made it through this update after an eternity. If you are still reading this, thank you so so so much. I know I probably lost a lot of readers but that's my doing and I completely deserve it. The reason for long time no see...well, no inspiration at all. Consider it a writer's block the size of Manhattan City. This part is terrible. I just needed to update something to the wheels rolling again. Its short with nothing to offer. But i am going through with this ff and those of you who still read this can expect updates though I cant promise when but there will not be such a long pause like the one previously. 

So enjoy what you can and comment/criticize if you can. Otherwise, my expectations are quite low :)

--Simran

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

mahi530prayasbanetta10-AK--Shalu-adorableaishassidravidu87KaJen_addictionMrMrsChiping.Chocolate...Vidya_luv_SaRunEthereal-Path-AviatoR-sweetdesire

Chocolate... IF-Rockerz
Chocolate...
Chocolate...

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
LOVED IT!!!
omg i still follow it
i love this story... one of my fav AR ff
how come u didn't update for so long??? i missed this ff so much

anyways the part was gr8!!
it was a filler i kno but m waiting desperately for armaan's family hopefully in the next update!

lol i love ridz reaction to dance (ass) by big sean
sounded like my mom when it comes on the radio

luv
nikki

mak3mesmile Senior Member
mak3mesmile
mak3mesmile

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dark_Desire

LOVED IT!!!
omg i still follow it
i love this story... one of my fav AR ff
how come u didn't update for so long??? i missed this ff so much

anyways the part was gr8!!
it was a filler i kno but m waiting desperately for armaan's family hopefully in the next update!

lol i love ridz reaction to dance (ass) by big sean
sounded like my mom when it comes on the radio

luv
nikki

Thanks yaar. PS i love your siggy...very kicka** ;)
Chocolate... IF-Rockerz
Chocolate...
Chocolate...

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
my bestie found it and said it's perfect for me cuz well apparently m concieted and that siggie is exactly how I look when m praising myself.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mak3mesmile

sweetnandu IF-Dazzler
sweetnandu
sweetnandu

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
nice update..

mak3mesmile

MrMrsChiping. IF-Rockerz
MrMrsChiping.
MrMrsChiping.

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
nice update dear:)
i was waiting for your update for quite long:)
plz keep updating*soon soon means with in month loll
thankx for pm
love
maria:)

mak3mesmile

Ethereal-Path IF-Sizzlerz
Ethereal-Path
Ethereal-Path

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Hey!

Glad to see you back again :) am glad writer's block is wearing off ! I really love this story .. the concept is really nice and you're doing a great job ! loved the update..

Hope you continue sooner with the next update... Can't wait to read how AR start off with their new journey Embarrassed

xoxo

mak3mesmile

Stupidcupid1234 Senior Member
Stupidcupid1234
Stupidcupid1234

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 1:39am | IP Logged
Love the update
Can't waitfor more ar moments
Update soon please

mak3mesmile