Cast :
Directed by :
Produced by :

Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra
Rumi Jafferey
Afzal Khan

Priyanka exposes unknown Salman!
by Subhash K Jha

Not too many people would believe this right now—not after the things he was heard saying in the infamous tapes—but Priyanka Chopra who's shooting with the enfant terrible of filmdom swears by Salman's name.

"He's a a cool dude, totally dependable and such a warm giving and affectionate person,"]/b] Priyanka whispered emotionally before she left for the US for further treatment for her ailing dad.

"Not too many people in the industry know about my dad's illness. And even those who know hardly care. You can't blame anyone. Everyone is busy with his or her own life. But Salman was genuinely concerned.

The minute he came to know about the seriousness of the situation he asked me what I needed and kept his concern alive. I normally
don't let my pain show in public.

" I'm a very strong girl that way. But Salman has seen me break down about my dad. Whether it was showing his concern to me, or coming to spend time with my dad, I'll never forget what a helpful and gnerous man he is."

Contradicting his image of the flirtatious Casanova Priyanka says, "Salman is a thorough gentleman, a really really cool guy. He has never behaved in any way but the most decent way with me. We're doing this really zany comedy God Tusi Great Ho with writer-turned-director Rumi Jaffrey and we're having a ball. I'm sure this would be our second comedy hit after Mujhse Shaadi Karogi."

Priyanka was supposed to take off for her concerts abroad . But now they've been postponed to October. "So I'll get time to be with my dad."

Didn't her Salman starrer get affected by the tape controversies? "Not one bit," chuckles Chopra. "We didn't have to cancel one day's shoot. I think it's Salman's film with Sajid Nadiadwala that got affected."

Santabanta.com

Priyanka Chopra is all set to reveal truth in a sting operation - sexy provocation of a TV Journalist

Rumi Jaffery's God Tussi Great Ho in ready to show her in another form. Priyanka will star opposite Salman Khan in this film. She plays the role of a journalist who is about to pull a successful sting operation. She uses sexy seduction and provocation to get the truth. It is all set to create real sensation!

Indiadaily
Priyanka Chopra in a sting operation
By IndiaFM News Bureau, January 5, 2006 - 23:03 IST

Priyanka Chopra is all set to lure the audiences in 2006 as well. She has got plenty of releases lined up this year. One of her biggest movies of this year will be Rumi Jaffery's God Tussi Great Ho. Priyanka will star opposite Salman Khan in this film. The couple will be seen together after Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, which was a big hit.

In God Tussi Great Ho Priyanka Chopra plays the role of a journalist who is about to pull a successful sting operation. This is a new kind of role that she is experimenting with. Apparently, Priyanka is also playing a similar role in Rakesh Roshan's Krissh which is also to release this year. Though Priyanka says that in Krissh she plays a TV journalist who lands up in a situation every other time which is a different from God Tussi Great Ho.

From a fashion designer in Mujhse Shaadi Karogi to a business woman in Aitraaz and now a journalist, Priyanka Chopra seems to be trying out new professions onscreen.

Rumi Jaffery directs Big B, Salman Khan, Sohail Khan
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, November 02, 2005]

Noted writer Rumi Jaffery has been associated with number of films in the last decade or so.
The movies he has done in the past indicate that his forte is comedy [since has worded with a number of films with David Dhawan], though he has explored other genres as well.

Now he has turned director with 'God The Great' that is written by him as well and is produced by Afzal Khan.

Shooting of the movie is in progress with the starcast boasting of actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra and Sohail Khan. The movie also stars Beena Kak, the hilarious actor who had last played Salman's mom in MPKK!

On the sets of God Tussi Great Ho

Sohail Khan on the sets of Rummi Jaffrey's God Tussi Great Hoat Mehboob Studios

Rumi Jaffery turns director

After decades of writing films for David Dhawan and other filmmakers Rumi Jaffrey will turn director with God The Great produced by Afzal Khan and written by Jaffrey himself. Starring Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Sohail Khan and Amitabh Bachchan, the film was launched in Mumbai's RK Studio and has completed 25 days of shooting.

Sohail and Salman to share screen space again

In spite of his bratty image, Salman Khan is a family man and extremely possessive about his near and dear ones. And working with his brothers gives him another thrill altogether. It is no wonder then that after Maine Pyaar Kyon Kiya, Salman will be seen sharing screen space once again with youngest bro Sohail Khan in debutant director Rumi Jafry's film God Tussi Great Ho. Rumi says, "Salman didn't push his brother. It was I, along with the producer Afzal Khan, who thought of taking Sohail, as we wanted a good combination for the film. They click well and understand each other." After all, it's all about loving your brother, right?

Priyanka Chopra in a comic role!
By IndiaFM News Bureau, September 23, 2005 - 09:00 IST

Priyanka Chopra is known for her bold and daring roles. Most of her films have had her playing 'the sexy seductress.' Now, she will spring a surprise for audience. In her forthcoming film titled God Tussi Great Ho, Priyanka will be attempting comedy for the first time. She stars opposite Salman Khan in the film and will be playing a journalist. Then there's also Bluffmaster with Abhishek Bachchan.

With comedy films being the latest rage, we're not surprised that she decided to take up this role.

Rumi's Rumble
Writer Rumi Jafferi, who's turned director, is learning the ropes the hard way. He'd planned a film with Ajay Devgan and Salman Khan and was thrilled to rope in the winning combination of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam for his debut. But he went around in circles for six months trying to get combination dates from his two stars. With time slipping away, he's now postponed the film to next year and is working on another project with Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra.
The writer is known for his comedies and 18 of his 45 films have been for David Dhawan. He has 20 hits and 10 Average films to his credit in his 13 years in the industry. Here's wishing him success as a director too.

Sallu - Priyanka in another romantic comedy
Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra made a successful pairing in David Dhawan's comedy Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. The pair will now reunite on the big screen for another romantic comedy - Rumi Jafferey's directorial debut God Tussi Great Ho, produced by Afzal Khan. The movie will be a multi-starrer with three heroes and three heroines. However, there is buzz that Sanjay Dutt (who is a good friend of Afzal) will play one of the heroes. Dutt is already acting in Afzal's forthcoming movie Mehbooba.

'God Tussi Great Ho' will be an out-and-out comedy based on hilarious situations. The movie will most likely hit the theatres by this year-end or early next year.
Slapstick writer Rumi Jaffri turns director!

Story writer, Rumi Jaffri is turning towards direction. He's the man behind David Dhawan humour filled dramas like Coolie No.1, Haseena Maan Jayegi, etc. Altogether he has written about 20 movies for David Dhawan. And now Jaffri is directing Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra for his debutant venture. The film was supposed to start with a mahurat shot by Sunil Dutt at Bandra bandstand on the 2nd of this month. Unfortunately Dutt saab's sudden demise put a break to the plans. Shattered Jaffri, who was extremely close to the ex Parliamentarian decided to postpone his shooting for three days and finally started shooting without any chief guest. "I could have invited Sanju (Sanjay Dutt) to do the honours. But I felt it uncharitable to request him at this hour of family tragedy," says Jaffri. However, Jaffri's spirit soared when Shah Rukh Khan, Sajjid Nadiadwala and David Dhawan dropped in on his sets on the very first day to wish him good luck. Jaffri informs, "David is very happy that I have turned to direction." And guess what the film's name is? God, Tusi Great Hai. We can't help but wonder why it wasn't called Bhagwan Aap Mahan Ho!

JUNE 1, 2005 - Devgan's mahurat clap for Salman film
The June 2 mahurat for Rumi Jafferey's directorial debut God Tussi Great Ho (to be produced by Afzal Khan) promises to be a star-studded affair.

The film stars the popular Mujhse Shaadi Karoge jodi of Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra, Not only is Ajay Devgan slated to give the mahurat clap in Mumbai, the buzz is that Sallu's close buddy Sunjay Dutt is being roped in to play one of the other male leads in the film.

Afzal says the film will be a multi-starrer. "Salman and Priyanka are doing my film." Two more big actors and two heroines are also likely to be roped into the comic caper, but the producer doesn't want to reveal their names right now as the deal is not yet finalised. When asked if Dutt would play one of the other leads (he is said to be close to the producer), Afzal said, "I would not like to say anything at the moment."

Devgan's clap will be followed by a "surprise mahurat shot, where the entire star cast will be revealed," promises Afzal. "The stars will be the surprise in the mahurat shot."

My buddy, my brother
Why did Afzal sign Rumi for his next venture? "Rumi is one of my best friends and like a brother to me. When we had done Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahi (which Afzal produced and Rumi wrote) we had an understanding that he would direct my next film. He worked on the script, gave me a narration and I loved the story."

Up next
Afzal Khan's next release, Mehbooba, starring Sunjay Dutt, Manisha Koirala and Ajay Devgan, is complete and will release in July. Says Afzal, who produced and directed the romantic triangle, "We will be showing the first promo at the IIFA awards in Amsterdam this month."

God Tussi Great Ho!!
Mujhse Shaadi Karogi pair Priyanka and Salman will be seen once again in Rumi Jafferey's directorial debut God Tussi Great Ho, produced by Afzal Khan.

The film is a comedy and besides Priyanka and Salman, will star two more big actors and actresses. Although the filmmakers are not confirming, the buzz is Salman's close friend Sanjay Dutt is one of them.

Not only is the film star studded, its mahurat on June 2 promises to be the same. Ajay Devgan is slated to give the mahurat clap, after which the full cast of the film will be unveiled. Watch this space for updates.

APRIL 16, 2005 - Devgan's mah
Remember how we told you that Salman seems to be the top choice for Rumi Jaffrey? Well here is a bit more news, it looks like Rumi Jaffrey, who wrote 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi', felt that Priyanka Chopra had a good chemistry with Salman Khan and so along with Salman, Priyanka Chopra will star in Jaffrey's directorial debut, produced by Afzal Khan.

As we also informed you earlier, legendary Amitabh Bachchan too is likely to be a part of the film along with Sanjay Dutt.

-Priii- IF-Stunnerz
-Priii-
-Priii-

Crazy Senior

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 4:43am | IP Logged
plz reply soon! thnc alot!!
mukta87 Senior Member
mukta87
mukta87

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 11:00am | IP Logged
thanks for info
-Priii- IF-Stunnerz
-Priii-
-Priii-

Crazy Senior

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 11:10am | IP Logged
u welcum yo
pinky no1 IF-Rockerz
pinky no1
pinky no1

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
thanx for the article.log hamesha SALMAN ki kharab batei news channel pe dekhti hain,kyun ye sab acchi bate logoko dkihay nahi deti?I love SALMAN forever.u r the bestest.I request u SALLU dont loose of.there are lots of people who loves u a lot.and I am the 1 who loves u forever and ever and ever.

Edited by pinky no1 - 18 February 2006 at 1:22pm
.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
that is so sweet of salman to care about priyanka! priyanka rox!! i hope the film gets to finish filming!!
Pachu.P IF-Sizzlerz
Pachu.P
Pachu.P

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Wow...i cant wait 4 the movie!

Thnx Priyanka!
kuljit IF-Dazzler
kuljit
kuljit

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
thx so much for the article.

• Page 1 of 1