I want to strangle Garima - KKg's mom

serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Please!!!!! Garima is waxing poetic today and being totally a buffoon of a romantic. What the heck is she saying ot her daughters???? Shaadi karka sub theek ho jayega???? Wah wah, thats a great lesson to teach your daughters. Just get married that is the answer to all your problems.

I felt so weird with her dialogs today, its as if she landed straight from Lala-land in a private UFO!!

Gosh!! please dont make fillers like these. Its weird to hear your mother talk like a romantic fool. I can understand KKG and Payal feeling that way, they are young, but this is Garima for heavens sake!!! Sasi babua's wife!!

It was a total bakwas filler to keep the last 10 mins of the show going. KKG is a smart girl, she does not need Garima's simplistic version of bhashan to figure out something is amiss with Shyam. KKG is onto something, I surely hope she discovers the truth in the course of next week. Then she can lay it on Buaji and Garima for forcing her into an illicit relationship with a snake they all barely know!!!

yuck!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanaaz thumbnail
I think Garima is just being a mother. She  knows Khushi is not happy about the wedding and she also thinks Shyam is good for Khushi. She is just trying to make khushi understand  that getting married to shyam is good for her. Put yourself in Garima's place. She is seeing Shyam as a strong, kind person with a good job.  She has seen shyam taking care of everybody in the family.  She also knows Shyam likes khushi.   and also Khushi does not have any reason to dislike shyam.  Look at shyam without hte negative side.  he will look awesome even to us. Only because we have seen him in his true form, we don't like him. 
--HiNa-- thumbnail
no i thing she is good mom as shes tryed to have khusi opinine about her marrige buaji was always kavab mein haddi agar bua nahi hoti toh i am sure garima never lets khushi marry to shyam
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: shanaaz

I think Garima is just being a mother. She  knows Khushi is not happy about the wedding and she also thinks Shyam is good for Khushi. She is just trying to make khushi understand  that getting married to shyam is good for her. Put yourself in Garima's place. She is seeing Shyam as a strong, kind person with a good job.  She has seen shyam taking care of everybody in the family.  She also knows Shyam likes khushi.   and also Khushi does not have any reason to dislike shyam.  Look at shyam without hte negative side.  he will look awesome even to us. Only because we have seen him in his true form, we don't like him. 

I agree with Shanaaz. Garima's speech to Khushi was just a mother's words of comfort to her daughter whose unhappiness can be sensed by her.
Garima is unaware of Shyam's true colors and she sees him as a gem of a person, perfect for her daughter.

However, I do find it irritating that Garima has conveniently forgotten how her husband had confided his negative feelings for Shyam to her! How could she not have a niggling doubt in her mind particularly since her own husband had spoken about it!!
Also, Shashi is ill, not dying, so what's the hurry to get Khushi married off like that?
Garima's mother's instincts have not been used in the right place.
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
See, here is how I feel. If I get my daughter engaged and she is feeling extremely agitated about it, I wont try to force it down her throat. Garima has no clue of reality and we agree that most conservative Indian families want to atleast meet some relatives from the boys side to get to know him better. How come none of them insist on that? How can they take his word for truth? Its bizarre, and it almost seems like they want to wash their hands off Khushi.

Garima's dialog are well justified if she has done everything in her capacity to make sure Shyam is a the right guy. But this is like false optimism, you want to believe what you want to believe.

Anyway, I may be out of touch with middle class indian family ethos, but i know when my daughter is sad and unless i am total brute, i would not rest until i find out from her what is bothering her. Waxing poetic does not count as good motherhood.

shanaaz thumbnail
Originally posted by: serialjunkie

See, here is how I feel. If I get my daughter engaged and she is feeling extremely agitated about it, I wont try to force it down her throat. Garima has no clue of reality and we agree that most conservative Indian families want to atleast meet some relatives from the boys side to get to know him better. How come none of them insist on that? How can they take his word for truth? Its bizarre, and it almost seems like they want to wash their hands off Khushi.

Garima's dialog are well justified if she has done everything in her capacity to make sure Shyam is a the right guy. But this is like false optimism, you want to believe what you want to believe.

Anyway, I may be out of touch with middle class indian family ethos, but i know when my daughter is sad and unless i am total brute, i would not rest until i find out from her what is bothering her. Waxing poetic does not count as good motherhood.

I completely agree with you that I would never do this to my daughter.  But that does not mean Garima is bad either. From the point of their current situation, it seems to be the right choice. Babuji  health is not good. Payal's wedding is already broken. They don't have their shop. They are depending on buaji for help. Khushi is working in some place to survive. and on the other hand  there is this guy who is giving them hope and being their support at the worst period of their life.  he does not expect anything from them and is also ready to get married to khushi on Buaji's request. He likes khushi and is also ready to ignore all those habits that buaji finds irritating. From yesterday episode, it looks like he is spending money for the wedding too.  If I remember it right, Shyam also mentioned that he does not have a family  in Delhi so they did not bother to ask him about the family. Above all this, Buaji and Garima are completely smitten with Shyam so thinking anything bad about him is not possible.  Considering all this,  why would Garima see a red flag?  

Also, like to mention that, if Khushi is my daughter, i would advise her  against getting married to Arnav .  He has his baggage from his past and needs to get his head checked. :) .

Marci thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I totally agree with u on this matter!! When she was giving her bashan..I was like in a "Wat the...?" mood!! I was like does this lady know what shes talking abt?!? She sounded like a love struck Teenager..which was freakin weird n awkward. Im a teenager too..but not letting my romantic side rule out everything else n be completely oblivious to everything!! 
She basically told Khushi to Compromise her life..for wat?? This girl has done enough for u ppl why does she have to compromise her life?? N plus like u said..she knows NOTHING abt shyam..my parents would've gone into under cover detective mode if this was a matter abt a person i was going to spend my life with!..but this lady is totally like buaji fida over shyam..n for wat? This guy looks like a perverted creep n u nothing abt him!! 

Lol sorry for the rant..but garima just p*ssed me off today!
shanaaz thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

I agree with Shanaaz. Garima's speech to Khushi was just a mother's words of comfort to her daughter whose unhappiness can be sensed by her.
Garima is unaware of Shyam's true colors and she sees him as a gem of a person, perfect for her daughter.

However, I do find it irritating that Garima has conveniently forgotten how her husband had confided his negative feelings for Shyam to her! How could she not have a niggling doubt in her mind particularly since her own husband had spoken about it!!
Also, Shashi is ill, not dying, so what's the hurry to get Khushi married off like that?
Garima's mother's instincts have not been used in the right place.

If i am looking at this right, Garima probably played a minimum role or no role in decision making process in  Gupta family affairs. She probably did not even process the information that her husband provided her. Babuji had been responsible for decisions and taking care of the family. Now that role seems to have fallen on buaji who is a very strong supporter of this marriage.
Again as i mentioned earlier, there are lot of things thats going on in Gupta's family that might be forcing them to hurry up this wedding. Financial situation, their reputation...everything is at stake. They need a strong person in the family and they look at Shyam as that person. Also, the other piece of this is that buaji as well as Garima does not trust khushi as babuji did. They think she is very childish and cannot think for herself. Where as babuji had been a big supporter of khushi decision. Remember the scene where Khushi is stuck with Arnav in that trip and babuji supports khushi instead of listening to shyam.

This does not in anyway mean that i like shyam or support them on their decision. I am just trying to understand why they think the way they think.