Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Meera

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 15 March 2005 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

By Prema K

Subhaavi K has hit the small screen as Meera, the new woman in Mihir Virani's life. Will she get him or will her screen name prove to be symbolic?

How did Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi happen?
I wanted to act even while I was modelling. But honestly, I never thought I would do television. I had done a telefilm for Anand Rai. It was aired on Star One. Offers started pouring in after that. I chose Balaji, not just because it was the number one show with the number one production house but because my role was very nice. I used to get a lot of calls from Balaji earlier, but then, I did not want to do television as I was studying. I didn't want to get into full time acting. But now I'm completely into it.

Is the 'K' in your name an extension of Ektaa Kapoor's 'K factor' fixation?
(Laughs) No, no, it's not that. Nor is it numerology. My name is long and to top it my surname is very long too. I thought it would be best to just use the first alphabet in my surname.

How are you handling your newfound fame with Meera?
I'm very fortunate that Ektaa has not made me a Menaka. I'm playing Meera, which is very symbolic of the character. Meera never got the man she loved. Everybody asks me if Mihir is going to fall in love with me. As for the sudden fame, it's a wonderful feeling. But it hasn't yet hit me. I don't think it will, at least not till I am convinced that I am a good performer. I still have a long way to go. So far, I get compliments that I have lovely, expressive eyes. It's a wonderful feeling to be working with Smriti Malhotra. I learn so much from her by just watching her. That's something else that I love about the show.

What do you find fascinating about her character?
The zest and strength of the woman, the fire in her is truly fascinating. I could feel that when I first heard the script.

Would you fall in love with an older man in real life?
No ways. But otherwise, I share her zest for life, and the strong and stubborn streak in her. Recently, I met a couple of guys who first looked at me to make sure that I was Meera. When they were sure that I'm the same person, they asked me why I fell in love with an older man in the serial, when they were all there for me! That was too much for me to take (laughs).

Are you doing any other serial?
No. I have 15 days of blocked dates with Balaji. The rest of the days. I want to keep free for theatre, shows or commercials. But if something really good comes up, I wouldn't think twice about taking it up. I always wanted to do commercials. I have come from there.

How about films?
I would have to lose weight first. I would love to do films like Black and Page 3. I want to work with directors I can learn from, as well as have them extract the best out of me.

How about masala films?
Why not, if it gives me money and fame! I know small things lead to big things. Masala films could be the path to meaningful cinema. I have to prove myself in this industry, as I don't have a godfather or godmother.

Any dream role?
There are a lot of roles I want to play. I would love to play Rani's role in Black, Manisha Koirala's role in Dil Se, Kajol's role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Tabu's role in Chandni Bar, and Juhi Chawla's role in Teen Deewarein.

Somewhere you've said you have met your Mr Right!
Yeah, that's true. But it's something very personal. I like to keep my real and reel life separate. I am seeing someone and he is from the industry. He's an actor. But I don't want to talk about him now. Let him be a mystery man (laughs).

What makes him your Mr Right?
(Laughs) He is the exact opposite of me. I am the noisy one and he is very quiet, calm and sober. Although we are opposites we have similar interests.

How would you want to see yourself a few years from now?
I would definitely be acting. It's my passion and something that keeps me going. Even if I get more money in some other profession and less money in acting, I would still continue acting. It is an outlet for my creativity. I would also like to be involved with behind the scenes work. It really fascinates me, as one has to put onself completely into it. On television an actor gets his script 15 minutes before the shoot while in theatre a lot of preparation for the role is involved.

drama_mania@yahoogroups.com

cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 15 March 2005 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Thanx SapnaSmile

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top