Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

Dk the tragic hero

queen-bee Goldie
queen-bee
queen-bee

Posted: 15 March 2005 at 10:52am | IP Logged

Hi All,

Iwas just going through the old posts and was reading dk's ans. to our ques. I like all of u just loved them but do u guys agree that we women are  "Tough to decipher". Comments please--------------------------------

Now something on dk---------------------I think his genius lies in the ability to observe the fullest range of human emotion & then emote & express them in the most compelling way.He very well potrays the grief with those expressive eyes.He is able to express both the most tender of human feelings such as love & the ruthless businessman that he is potraying.

He is a lover "sighing like a furnace",next minute he is sudden & quick in quarrel.His character showes us how we come to grief because of the frailties of the human ego, through lack of balance, perspective,or propotion in our personal affairs.He is excellent in potraying the conflict in his live.oh I have made him a Shakesperean tragic heroCryDeadWink

samy74 IF-Dazzler
samy74
samy74

Zee Channel

Posted: 15 March 2005 at 11:13am | IP Logged

Hi

I think he si someone who would grow on you.. Initially i hated his character but still found him to be different and slowly with time he has just mesmerised me with his acting skills and eyes.. He does alot of pain in his eyes and especially his eyes say alot.. He is quite ruthless and shrewd as a businessman but he would do anything for the people he loves...passion is the central characteristics of DK..

SamyBig smile

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 15 March 2005 at 10:57pm | IP Logged

For men, yes, women are often tough to decipher, and vice versa. We are just made differently. If anyone wants to get some help understanding the opposite sex, I recommend the book "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus," by John Gray, Ph.D. I only ever got half way through it, but I must say it is a very thoughtful book, and makes a lot of things much more lucid! I believe there is a website, as well, but have never been there. Try googling it.

On to DK.... He's actually like a human, not like a ... Oh, damn, what's the word? There's a name for this certain type of character that is the same throughout the story... I can't remember... been too long since I took drama classes in school. Anyways, the point is, he changes, grows, learns- he is not a puppet with just one face eternally! Its the emotion and change that he goes through which is so captivating. How interested would we be if no one ever changed? The story would just drag forever and be totally boring! Why do you think we are all so tired of Indy? He goes nowhere! Confused

I did want to make a comment along the lines of his "frailties." Today  saw the episode where Gargi got him to beg her for her help. I must say, though I felt bad for him, it was good for him to get a dose of humility. DK was certainly too proud of his wealth and power, and such pride is not a good quality! Better he learn to be humble before it is forced upon him at the time of death, when everyone is forced to bow down in front of the Lord in His feature as the all-consuming time factor. DK's pride is a false one, for such things as $$$ and its power are temporary, and come and go with the wind. DK needs to find an inner source of pride and power, not rely on such fleeting externals. 

I think he does have it in him to be such a man, but it may take Disha to help bring it out more. After all, he does seem attracted to her preference for virtue over vice (even if she does slip up now and then- she's only human). Bitterness can keep one from ideals otherwise held. Hope this makes sense to someone!

-DKaddict

queen-bee Goldie
queen-bee
queen-bee

Posted: 15 March 2005 at 11:21pm | IP Logged

Hi  DKaddict,

Thanks for your response I think i'll read the book "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus," by John Gray, Ph.D. You got half way i'll try to finish it.

Ya truly, I appreciate your notes on dk. I'm getting sleepy so more later.

Mink 

zameera Newbie
zameera
zameera

Posted: 16 March 2005 at 8:33am | IP Logged
LOLljhjhhhh nnnnn
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top