New characters in 'KHKN'!

JinK thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Gaurav Chopra, Dimple Inamdar, Muskaan enter 'Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa'

It's all happening in Zee's Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa.

Gaurav Chopra - a new innings as Kabeer

Last weekend, Mihir Misra was sacked. Today, Gaurav Chopra, Dimple Inamdar and Muskaan have been added.

While Dimple Inamdar (Ananya)- currently seen in Kalcchakra and Remix- will play Chopra's love interest, Muskaan- currently seen in Ye Meri Life Hai- will play Chopra's sister (Sanjana).

Chopra will play Kabeer, a suave businessman who uses the other two guys on the show for his ulterior motives. "I got a call from the producers. I debated for about four-five days. Finally I said yes," he informs.

Aha! That means that the show called him only after Misra (who played Aditya Ramchandran) was shown the door (reportedly for arriving late for work and not being up to the demands of a daily shoot). Producer Shristi Arya however staunchly maintained that date problems were the root of the matter.

But Chopra says that he has not come in as Mihir's replacement per se. "I wouldn't put it that way as long as the character I am playing has not even a remote connection to Aditya Ramchandran's character."

Chopra says he is a very happy man today. "I am doing two male-centric shows- Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Dil Kya Chahta Hai (StarOne). Besides I also have Kalcchakra (Star Plus)."

Oh, come on! Surely he can't be excited about Kalcchakra, a show that's hardly registered with audiences. A long pause before he replies, "The show has not been marketed well." But is the content good? He explains, "Good marketing would have at least brought in some eyeballs. Only then we would have been able to take a call on the content." Point noted.

Over to his personal life, which also is rocking. He blushes, "Yes. The relationship with Narayani Shastri is growing. We hang out together whenever we are free. We go for a dinner, we catch up on a film."

Has the couple discussed marriage? Pat comes the reply, "Not yet."

On the other hand, Misra is out of town. Interestingly, Misra (who tied the knot with Maninee De — Pari of Jassi...) in a sudden ceremony on December 30) had his reception in New Delhi on 11 March. He is expected back in Mumbai on 17 March.

The main protagonists of Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa were three friends — Aditya, Chetan (Kushal Punjabi) and Deepankar (Vishal Singh) — who had different takes on their lives, particularly love. Let's see what fresh impetus Chopra brings into the track.

Chopra, Inamdar and Muskaan get into Kabeer, Ananya and Sanjana's skin respectively from Thursday.