Debate Mansion

Punishment for Salman Khan

Signora2 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

The black buck case has come to a conclusion,after meandering for a long period, Salman Khan has been sentenced to one year imprisonment and fined 5000. He was found guilty for killing two chinkaras in a rajasthan village in 98. This is the first time that a high profile personality has been booked , Do u think it is a victory for animal right activists in this case villagers who are called Bishnois and have a history of laying down their lives in protection of Chinkaras. Or do u favour a lenient treatment for the actor? For most animal lovers this kind of action by the courts may  act as an example and prevent further killing of animals who are living on the edge,  especially by high profile hunters. Population of Chinkaras is declining in India. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Wow finally the judgement got passed . I must say finally the court took a decision , and boy am i glad they did . If he has been sentenced to imprisonment i must say its the right thing . I still feel mad that Salman got away in the case of drunk driving and killing poor people . He deserves every bit of this imprisonment .

Just because some one is good looking and a famous actor , he can't get away with abusing the law.
Morgoth thumbnail
How come Saif Ali Khan wasn't also imprisoned? Wasn't he also involved in the poaching?
cutiepie1 thumbnail
I agree with Aparna. I am glad he is finally being punished. He recently again hit a girl with his car but thankfully this time it was not serious and he did take her to the hospital.
Henna 786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i cant belive it i was waitin 4 the others to get imprisonment and no1 did like raveena was caught ad other famous names but y salman is it cuz he already has probs with law
anjali.nair thumbnail
i think salman khan deserved punishment for hitting and killing those poor people and for drunken driving. for the black buck case saif ali khan, neelam and the rest were equally involved and i don't know how they concluded that the bullet only had salman khan's name on it.

iam happy to see that he is at last punished for some crime as he has a long list for which he should be punished. i am surprised instead of punishing him for drunken driving (twice) and killing 3 people, he was punished in this case. then why was mansoor khan pataudi not punished?

our justice system is works in funny ways.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I disagree! Yes he was wrong for driving drunk and killing innocent people, and yes he should be punished. But this is a different case, this case involved more than one person, Saif, Sonali, Karisma, Producer Satish Shah were are involved in this case and were all in court. So how come Salman is the only one who has to spend time behind bars? It is not fair! Everyone makes mistakes, Salman is not perfect. If this was the case with the people he ran over I would have understood the court's decision. But I disagree with this one!
foziasal thumbnail
I agree with "bollywoodcrazed" If he was going to get punished for killing the people he ran over then i agree he should have definately been imprisoned....but in this case for poaching....i don't think he should go to jail for that...and if he does then Saif & others should go with him to jail too.
Traveller thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

How come Saif Ali Khan wasn't also imprisoned? Wasn't he also involved in the poaching?

hey that was something i wanted to ask too,in fact sonali bendre and a few others were also involved,what abt them??...well but i definetly feel that the courts have woken up and done something abt this...i feel that this step will prove to the high profile ppl that they cannot get away with anything they do....and now ppl will think twice before taking advantage of their positions,and taking the law for granted

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: RUNJAL

I am a salman khan fan yes he shoud get punished , but if they are going send  to him in jail they should do the same for  Saif Ali Khan, sonali bendre, tabu, Neelam

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060217/en_afp/afpentertainment india_060217123327

i agree...they should get punished too