DAVID DHAWAN to remake CHUPKE CHUPKE

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

David Dhawan to remake Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Chupke Chupke 
By Subhash K. Jha, November 22, 2011 - 13:54 IST

David Dhawan suddenly seems to have discovered a new formula for success. He is now into doing remakes of classic comedies. Even as he gets ready to do a remake of Sai Paranjpye's Chashme Buddoor, news comes that Dhawan would be doing his own take on Hrishikesh Mukherjee's 1975 comedy Chupke Chupke.

Apparently, David who has so far never worked with Abhishek Bachchan has offered the actor his father Amitabh Bachchan's role of the scatter-brained Botany professor from Chupke Chupke.

Writer-director Rumi Jaffery who has written any number of films for David Dhawan in the past has been given the job of writing the new version of Chupke Chupke.

Says Jaffery, "It's a big challenge for me. Hrishida's Chupke Chupke was written by Gulzar Saab. And now I've been given the task of writing the new adaptation of Chupke Chupke 36 years after Hrishida's film. How do I retain the flavour of the original and still make it palatable to contemporary tastes? Fortunately, after working with David on nearly 20 films we share a great comfort level. And we're both big fans of Hrishikesh Mukherjee."

Apparently, the original comedy on infidelity will be completely re-written, keeping in mind the act that the definition of infidelity has changed over the years.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
I think I just cried a little inside. 😭 
David Dhawan is going to touch a classic Hrishikesh Mukherjee film...and Abhishek in Big B's role? 🤢

ScarredLife thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
^^ i would boycott Bollywood forever if such thing happens for real... PLEASE DON'T MESS WITH CLASSICS, DAVID!!!
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
PLEASE LEAVE THE CLASSICECHUPKE CHUPKE.. one of my all time fav movies..😭
David Dhawan.. u will get stoned by me next time i am in Mumbai..😈

Two things suck...
Firstly, a classic will be butchered
and secondly, Devid Dhawan will be butchering it.
Ashiyana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I can already see David trashing the original... the new version will have the girls in bikinis instead of saris... Majority of the movie will be shot over sees... they'll make cheap adult jab humors... and spend carods of rupies on the movie and when it bombs they'll sit and wonder where they went wrong?
didn't he botch a classic called Golmaal?  ðŸ¤¢
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bamboocopter

When? 😕 You mean the one with Ajay Devgan? That was a remake of some South Indian film, not the Hrishikesh Mukherjee classic.

I missed it earlier but David Dhawan is also doing a Chashme Buddoor remake? Seriously? *facepalm*
gilmores thumbnail
Originally posted by: bamboocopter

Did he? I thought the other butcherer Rohit Shetty's Bol Bachchan = remake of old Golmaal? 🤢

Can they leave the freaking classics ALONE? ESPECIALLY these lame directors who don't know what comedy is anymore..
angel_111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

There should be some kind of law against touching classics !!! Someone please stop this man !!!