Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

David Dhawan to remake Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Chupke Chupke Click here to add this article to My Clips
By Subhash K. Jha, November 22, 2011 - 13:54 IST

David Dhawan David Dhawan suddenly seems to have discovered a new formula for success. He is now into doing remakes of classic comedies. Even as he gets ready to do a remake of Sai Paranjpye's Chashme Buddoor, news comes that Dhawan would be doing his own take on Hrishikesh Mukherjee's 1975 comedy Chupke Chupke.

Apparently, David who has so far never worked with Abhishek Bachchan has offered the actor his father Amitabh Bachchan's role of the scatter-brained Botany professor from Chupke Chupke.

Writer-director Rumi Jaffery who has written any number of films for David Dhawan in the past has been given the job of writing the new version of Chupke Chupke.

Says Jaffery, "It's a big challenge for me. Hrishida's Chupke Chupke was written by Gulzar Saab. And now I've been given the task of writing the new adaptation of Chupke Chupke 36 years after Hrishida's film. How do I retain the flavour of the original and still make it palatable to contemporary tastes? Fortunately, after working with David on nearly 20 films we share a great comfort level. And we're both big fans of Hrishikesh Mukherjee."

Apparently, the original comedy on infidelity will be completely re-written, keeping in mind the act that the definition of infidelity has changed over the years.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DAVID DHAWAN to remake CHUPKE CHUPKE" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
I think I just cried a little inside. Cry 
David Dhawan is going to touch a classic Hrishikesh Mukherjee film...and Abhishek in Big B's role? Dead

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mommytobebamboocopter-SalShah4eva-

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mommytobebamboocopter

abhishah

Goldie

abhishah

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
^^ i would boycott Bollywood forever if such thing happens for real... PLEASE DON'T MESS WITH CLASSICS, DAVID!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mommytobefriends_rockbamboocopter-SalShah4eva-

Mommytobe

IF-Dazzler

Mommytobe

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
PLEASE LEAVE THE CLASSICECHUPKE CHUPKE.. one of my all time fav movies..Cry
David Dhawan.. u will get stoned by me next time i am in Mumbai..Evil Smile

bamboocopter-SalShah4eva-

-Rafa-

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

angel_111bamboocopter-SalShah4eva-

Ashiyana

Goldie

Ashiyana

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
I can already see David trashing the original... the new version will have the girls in bikinis instead of saris... Majority of the movie will be shot over sees... they'll make cheap adult jab humors... and spend carods of rupies on the movie and when it bombs they'll sit and wonder where they went wrong?

bamboocopter-SalShah4eva-

bamboocopter

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 November 2011 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top