I've enjoyed my old Jassi look: Mona Sing

Starryskies thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I've enjoyed my old Jassi look: Mona Singh
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 14, 2005

Transformed:
Mona Singh who plays Jassi
After a hectic shooting schedule in Mauritius, the small screen's Jassi (Mona Singh) is back. Step one of that much-touted transformation has begun, but Jassi has a long way to go yet to become the svelte siren. While taking time off to be with her family in Pune, Singh talks to us about the new Jassi.

Is Jassi's makeover a big relief for you?
On the contrary, I have already started missing the character. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Jassi look for the last one-and-a-half years β€” the specs, braces, hairdo and those loose, flowing salwar kurtas. I have told the channel that I would like to keep them as memorabilia but they are auctioning it.

At least now you don't have to be spotted in your Jassi gear off screen.
Yes, things have become a bit easier for me now. But it's a gradual transformation. The hair has been chopped; I have already begun wearing designer clothes. The braces and specs are still there though.

Now you can refer to yourself as Mona Singh, and not Jasmeet Walia.
Actually, Jasmeet is my real name; all my documents bear my name as Jasmeet Singh. That's how I was named Jasmeet in the serial but with Walia as my screen surname. Mona is my pet name; I have an elder sister who is called Sona, so Mona was a convenient nickname.

Now that you have shed your Jassi garb, the focus will be more on you as a person and your acting capabilities.
It's just that Jassi's outer appearance has changed. She still talks and walks the same. Most importantly, she is still that loveable Jassi, albeit a more confident one. So it is not that I am doing a brand new role. I will get away with it because I am still Jassi at the end of the day.

There is Armaan Sir (Apoorva Agnihotri) who is now pining for you, then there is best friend Nandu (Gaurav Gera) and your former flame Purab (Sameer Soni). Three men at your beck and call?
That's Jassi for you. At the moment, Jassi doesn't even know how much Armaan is pining for her; all the info is via Nandu. And as for Purab…can I forgive him? Jassi will always be Jassi β€” all forgiving and loving.

Have you decided on anything else?
I am under contract with Sony till May. So at the moment there is nothing. But I know whatever I do will always be referred to as Jassi.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
 Thanks for the article starry.😊
Minnie thumbnail
 Thanks for the article starry.😊
jprasad thumbnail
thanks for the article.
πŸ˜›
mango thumbnail

thanks for the article

wow her real name is jasmeet that was a surprise

ruta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ooooooooh....i din't know her real name for jasmeet........
shiverz thumbnail
thanks for the article!! πŸ˜ƒ and i also didn't know her real name was jasmeet!
fairy_tale thumbnail
thank you for the article.. i too didnt know her real name is jasmeet.. interesting.
alien_visitor thumbnail
We'll miss the old Jassi too Mona, um Jasmeet, jassi
Tabs thumbnail
thanx for the article...