PriyaS thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Ekta Kapoor fishing for a new Kkusum
   By: Upala KBR
   March 14, 2005

[email protected]
ADIEU?
Manasi Joshi Roy
More than a year after Nausheen Ali Sardar was replaced by Manasi Joshi Roy in Ekta Kapoor's Kkusum (Sony), the show is gearing up for another major change.

A Balaji insider says Kapoor is fishing for a new Kkusum.

Kapoor, presently in Malaysia for the shoot of Kasautii Zindagi Kay, confirms that a change is in the offing. "Yes, it's true that we are planning something spectacular in Kkusum."

Any particular reason? "I am scared of Miilee (Vinta Nanda's serial on Star Plus), so I should do something to make my viewers as eager to watch Kkusum," retorts the soap queen.

Is it true that Kkusum dies, and Manasi is replaced by someone else?

"There will be an accident and Kkusum will face an identity crisis as there will be a situation where her family won't be able to recognise her. But Manasi will be part of the show." The new episodes after the accident will have the unit shooting in Malaysia.

Balaji insiders reveal that this is a ploy to ease Manasi out of the show, and that she will not be a part of the serial after the accident.

The official version is it will be like the face-off in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, where Jaya Seal impersonated Parvati and created turmoil in the Agarwal household, till Sakshi Tanwar came back and claimed her rightful place.

Says Manasi, "There are changes happening in Kkusum. But everything is in a very fluid state right now and it would kill the suspense if I spoke about it."

Shilpa Saklani (Ganga of Kyunki Saas... ) has been offered the new role. "I am not sure if I am doing it or not. The monetary aspect hasn't been sorted out yet. Neither have I spoken to Ekta.

Balaji is like my Siddhivinayak temple — I respect it and Ekta. I will make a final decision only after talking to her and the creative people," she says.

Coming episodes of the serial will show Kkusum's chachu Soham (played by Eijaz Khan), being killed off.

[email protected]

The story so far...

Besides Agnivesh's (Madhur Arora) murder  and Trishul (Akashdeep Sehgal) going to jail, there is the on-going tussle between Kkusum and husband Abhay (Anuj Saxena) over Trishul.

Kkusum's daughter Kumud (Aashka Goradia) is stuck with Agnivesh's body, but Trishul takes the blame.

Abhay thinks Trishul is up to mischief, but Kkusum , stands up for him.

A courtroom drama ensues, with Abhay hiring Garv (Chetan Hansraj) to fight Kumud's case. Garv will drag Agnivesh to court to prove Kumud and Trishul's innocence.

Taashu (Narayani Shastri) tells Abhay's family that Trishul is her son, and Kkusum reveals that Abhay is Trishul's father. 

Abhay accepts Trishul as his son before the family, but privately tells him not to mess around with him.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HugabbleJaan thumbnail

PriyaS - Thanks For The Article!

Finally! It Looks Like Ekta Is Making Some Wise Choice About Replacing Kusum. Though, I Think Shilpa Saklani Would Be Young Actress For This Role. I Am Not Saying That She Doesn't Know Acting. In My Point Of View, They Should Ask Nausheen To Come Back. What U All Think? If Not Nausheen Than Who Else Besides Shilpa?

JinK thumbnail
Shilpa Saklani as Kkusum?😆
PriyaS thumbnail

I haven't been watching Kkusum for a while, but anyway this is what I think is going to happen:

1.  Kkusum and family go to Malaysia

2.  By this time, Sohan has already been murdered by Trishul, no one (obviously) suspects him and he is part of the Malaysia delegation

3.  Trishul has a new found hatred for Kkusum and decides to off her

4.  He concocts a plan either:

a) an explosion in an abandoned warehouse he will lure Kkusum or b) hire someone to kill her / throw acid in her face ( I am assuming here that Trishul is as evil as Tashu)

Kkusum, as luck would have it, escapes death miraculously but is severely disfigured.  The body of another person (burnt beyond recognition) is found at the scene (if Trishul chooses the explosion scene).  Despite having all the money in the world to perform DNA matching, the family accept that the charred remains is Kkusum. (Sohan is unfortunately not around to knock some sense into this clueless bunch)

Kkusum (who has found refuge in the interim) can't imagine anyone in the Kapoor family accepting her looking so grotesque so she vows to return only after reconstructing her face.  The family meanwhile are still mourning her death.  Tashu (or Trishul) find out Kkusum is still alive and hatch another plan.  They pay off her surgeon to reconstruct her face completely different to her original face (so the family never accepts her as Kkusum).

After months of reconstructive surgery, Kkusum emerges, but with a new face - Shilpa Shuklani!  The family meanwhile have moved on, and of course see Shilpa as an impostor who is trying to take the place of their beloved Kkusum. And the story continues...

sai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing !

It would be nice to have a change!
poison ivy thumbnail
ya.. i dont like this manasi joshi roy! good, theyre changing
sukh thumbnail

to me if they r going to change mansi, then . not a big deal. cause in other words kkusum is not going to be end.

wonder how many more kkusum r going to be on & on (has to come)/ change....................😆 😆😆

oh my god

*Anjali* thumbnail
thanks for the info.  But Shilpa Saklani as Kusum??  She's a great actress, but she doesn't really fit in well with Kusum's character.  Kusum is older and more mature. I think Shilpa's too young for the role...😕😕😕

I wouldn't mind seeing Nausheen back, but I doubt that will happen...😭😭
Edited by anjali308 - 19 years ago